JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Cudd1eZombi3: 8/16/2019 9:47:36 PM

Eververse: needs to be cheaper.

If I am totally honest I don't really like the way Bungie are using eververse more and more. It's starting to feel like an excuse to not make content. The recent solstice event really hammered this home with all the items costing either silver or a large amount of bright dust. As Eververse is here to stay, it would be nice if items in the store where made a bit cheaper. Most the items are priced in such a way that you have to buy more silver then you actually need in order to get what you want. If they were made just a little bit cheaper, you would get more for your silver and ultimately people would probably buy more. Edit: this is the first time I have ever made my own post, I really just did it to voice an opinion and see what others thought. It's been really encouraging getting some of the nice responses. Nice to see others have similar views and slightly different points of view 😊.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Bungie doesn’t care. They’re exploiting whales and idiots. They know 90% of people are not stupid enough to fall into their eververse scam.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I can say I haven’t spent a single penny on anything from eververse. I spend my bright dust but I will never ever give my money to eververse pixels. It’s pure cosmetic Kardashian fake plastic meaningless pixels. That’s what it boils down to........

Posting in language:

• Yes it does .

Posting in language:

• I agree: little stuff that barely makes a difference, like projections and spawn effects, should be $1 or less. ghost shells bundled with the above plus a shader and some dust for $5 or less. full armor sets $5 (fixed perks, well balanced perks but not too varied, ex; warlocks get izzy rifle and pulse perks, titans get AR n shotguns, hunters HC n snipers, etc) if something is gonna be higher than $5, it should really wow you, you know? like the ornaments for solstice are good examples: they are really bright and shinny and distinct! either that, or bundle them up pretty decently, like how the exotic ornaments have a transmat effect and some dust, as well as being some pretty cool ornaments, they are worth it if you like the ornament (personally i only liked 1/2 of them, but i havent bought any, due to money being tight). TL:DR; lower prices AND pack value into them, like shaders, transmat, projections, n dust.

Posting in language:

• Edited by holydracoeva: 8/17/2019 2:41:51 AM
    Too bad it wont happen, not only are they going to shove it in our face every time we open the director, but they are going to have events where people will be highly encouraged to buy as much good looking cosmetics as possible, for an emblem...

Posting in language:

• Edited by Fixxxer: 8/16/2019 11:01:18 AM
    Everything is extremely overpriced. Emotes should be $3.00 max Ornaments should be $.50 - $2.00 Ghost shells should be $.50 - $1.00 Armor sets should be $5.00 max Transmat effects and ghost projections should be $.50 - $1.00 Sparrows and ships should be $1.00 - $2.00.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
    • Not cheaper. Gone. Outta the game. Make it grind to get stuff.

Posting in language:

• that's how all these developers get you. price it at $6-8 and make you buy $10+ worth of currency. Which in turn has players leaving money on the table or coming back to purchase more. It's nothing more than a shite tactic many developers use. I do agree though. Items should be priced accordingly based off available items for purchase. So for Destiny items should be priced at $2.50 (250 Silver), $5 (500 Silver), $7.50 (750 Silver) and $10 (1000 Silver). Though I cringe at items that are even $8 such as the glows. Or sold at $2.50, $5 and $10 with an option to just buy $5 worth of silver. It would be interesting to know how much money is left on the table by players who buy Silver. How many come back and buy more because they have spare change. As opposed to people like myself who would be more inclined to buy Silver for something I really wanted if I could buy the appropriate amount of Silver and use it all.

Posting in language:

• There's going to be a tab for Eververse in the Director and not one for picking up actual bounties. That should tell you everything.

Posting in language:

• Its a problem that it's very obvious you can buy items for different amounts than you can buy silver. Obvious qhats going on there.. Just sell them for what they are.

Posting in language:

• An emote: ~£10 One Annual Pass Season: ~£10 🤔

Posting in language:

• I want to see it get so expensive that people stop supporting it. But I personally wouldn’t buy silver even if things cost a penny. Vending machines don’t belong in video games.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • But how else will bungie be able to afford to create great quality...... sorry i can't finish that sentence. Destiny 2 is dead to me after forsaken.

Posting in language:

• Edited by CptLatvia: 8/18/2019 10:31:16 AM
        Totally agree with you. People would buy more if the prices were cheaper. At these prices I just wait for menagerie gun ornaments to come through on weekly rotation and get them with bright dust. I don't mind supporting with silver but it needs to seem worth it

Posting in language:

• Certainly needs to be cheaper. Let’s take the 800 silver needed for a Solstice glow set as an example. In Australia, a game costs about $79. 1000 silver is $15. So 800 silver for a glow set costs about $12. You’re telling me a glow set for solstice armour is worth 15% of the price of a brand new full game? GET REAL. If emotes, ornaments, ghosts etc worked out to like $2 or $3, then I’d be ok with that and would purchase a fair bit. But the current prices are way too high.

Posting in language:

16 Replies
        • Bump

Posting in language:

• Remove Everworse.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
          • I'm not the only one who noticed all the Bright Dust purchases tripled in price after they changed the Eververse store right? Is it just me? I don't remember emotes being that expensive for Bright Dust.

Posting in language:

• Did anyone tell you the game is going to a free to play model? And that Bungie no longer has funding from Activision? And that one skin funded the entire Zero Hour mission? Seems not

Posting in language:

20 Replies
            • I'm not pre ordering shit. and honestly I hope the game short sells. these -blam!-ing prices are insane...

Posting in language:

• Stop being broke

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • I agree. While I'm totally fine with Eververse, I would really like to see more items at a 200-350 silver price level. I'd actually spend more if this was the case. I wouldn't feel like my entire silver horde would have to be blown on 1 or 2 things... Also Bungie...Eververse sales? Slash those prices to move some merch!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 8/16/2019 2:27:08 AM
                People need to stop using the excuse that Bungie "needs" to create more in-game content for Tess inventory vs in-game content you can acquire just by playing the game without using Bright dust or Silver. This is a list of what D1 vender have vs D2 that Tess has been Bungie's priority for 2 years now and it's getting worse. It's a long list. [spoiler]D1. Amanda Holiday running patrol you were able to collect schematics to turn in for ships. Later she gets a full inventory of all the ships that you could purchase. D2. Amanda Holiday has an empty inventory. Totally useless... D1. Vanguard starting out a fresh character all of them had a full inventory. D2. Vanguard you only have Zavala that has an inventory that hasn't been updated in a year. Cayde-6 is dead and removed from the game. Ikora has an empty inventory that she is nothing but a power engram holder, totally useless. D1. Factions always had a full inventory of emblems, weapons, gear and later updated to having a rotating inventory and they were there 24-7 that they also have (class-specific items.) D2. Factions were removed over a year ago. The dumbest move this company has ever made in this game with Factions. D1. The Gunsmith always had a full inventory D2. The Gunsmith 2 whopping mods handing out hundreds and thousands of duplicates. D1. The speaker has a full inventory and you could trade material D2. He's dead and removed from the game. D1. Cryptarch has 3 legendary engrams to chose from and a chance when turning in engrams of getting an exotic. D2. Cryptarch 1 legendary engram and shaders no one cares for. D1. Every DLC all of the above were updated with a fresh inventory D2. All of the above barely anything updated in 2 years. Making them Totally useless. D1. Petra had somewhat of an inventory that you could collect a ship, shaders, etc. D2. Patra is nothing but a bounty place holder that has been handing out duplicates for 2 years. D1. Eris Morn in TDB had a full inventory of Shaders, emblems, Titan mark, Warlock bond, Hunters cloak and she sold ammo, etc. D2. Eris Morn I can almost guarantee she will only be a useless bounty place holder with Shadow Keep like the rest of the vendors in this entire game. D1. Crucible court master has a full inventory, you can purchase weapons sparrows and material that was updated ever DLC. D2. No crucible court master. D1. Vanguard court master has a full inventory of weapons, sparrows and later updated to purchase material. D2. No vanguard court master. D1. Shaxx had an inventory but was updated every DLC. D2. Shaxx hasn't been updated in a year other than quest like D1 had. D1. Variks has a full inventory of Amor, ships, shaders, ammo, Titan mark... and the material with a weapon that all of that was on a rotating system. D2. You don't have anything like that for any activity in the entire game. You run bounties and while running an activity like gambit hoping the wonderfull RNG will be in your favor. All of this and I didn't even add ROI vendors. Most vendors in D1 you could triad with or purchase certain items like ammo that the price varied in material/ glimmer giving you deals that weren't a high cost like a few items in D2. In D2 the vendors are totally useless or nothing but bounty place holders.[/spoiler] Bungie claimed they didn't have enough resources for the in-game content. I say that is a bunch of nonsense... Bungie recently signed a $100 million contract https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/3/17422410/bungie-netease-100-million-investment-china-destiny-business Eververse in both D1 and D2 Their store that makes bank that has been used since D1 The base game, all expansions, all Annual Pass's Pre-orders that can be up to $400 if not more Rock Star, refer a friend, etc... Then there are things like this that is an advertisement and then some. https://boostcarry.com/product-category/destiny-2/ ...and whatever else I missed that Bungie sells to make money.

Posting in language:

23 Replies
                • Don't worry, EA just made $170 timed cosmetics a thing. Bungie are the good guys though they definitely won't follow suit. "What are you poor?" "Bungie needs the money." "The games free to play now!" "It doesn't even affect gameplay." This is what you get for supporting any microtransactions.

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                  • The whole MTX paid for Zero Hour thing... Like... Ok? And I'm paying you 35$ for an expansion on what was originally a 60$ game that - at its very beginning - was extremely barebones. It's laughable to compare Destiny to other updated and expanded games with looting. Look at most MMOs. They get tons of new gear. New NPC(s). New questline(s). New activity (sometimes activites). Patches and QoL improvements galore (as well as patches on a regular basis as opposed to whenever is convenient) And if it's the sort of game that has it - a raid on top of all of that. Shadowkeep will likely bring six story missions, one - possibly two - strikes, a raid, and plenty of gear (to accommodate Armor 2.0, if it wasn't for that we'd be lucky to receive 2-3 sets per character). And a newish patrol zone with yet another isolated NPC making the amount of locations we need to go to in order to claim all of our bounties.... far too many. I'd be more content to feed them a tiny bit more money for the sake of trickling in extra content if my 10$+ purchase didn't get me just... a single ghost shell. That I can't choose perks on. And leftover Silver that barely buys anything. But the prices are asinine for a game that most definitely is not free. So I haven't given them a dollar past anything for expansions I've purchased.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                    • Edited by Shadower: 8/16/2019 12:24:04 PM
                      Surprised to not see more criticism going on about the eververse store and the recent solstice event. Don't know how many of you are aware but Apex Legends players are losing their shit atm about the ongoing event in which it would take up to 170$ to earn everything and this is a free to play game. However, Destiny's Solstice Event would amount up to 130$ to earn everything and this is from a game with full priced release, deluxe editions, paid expansions and season passes.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon