JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by wes238: 8/17/2019 10:14:42 PM

Forever 29 again, or Forever 950...

I like the attitude that "if you don't do raids you don't need to be over 950". Y'all crack me up. I had a raid team in D1 that finished one raid, changed characters and went right back in and did it again, then changed characters and did it again. [b][u]Every week.[/u][/b] In D2 I can't pay that team to do a raid. Hell, I can't even pay them to try a raid, much less finish. Why? More "hoops to jump through"/shady mechanics, revive tokens for whatever reason because some internet so-and-so said so, and this game's disrespect of players of varying abilities. But sure, let's put power ups behind certain activities and expect more people to engage in or attempt more content when over half the people that started this game left. That's great for business. The people who left this game weren't hardcore enough I guess. EDIT: Just claimed my [b]MMXIX[/b] [b][u]Title[/u][/b] thanks to some great players in this community.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by reefkeeper135: 8/16/2019 8:18:31 PM
    Same here, used to raid every weekend on D1, since D2 came out I have not completed a single Nightfall OR Raid just no real interest. But to cap us at 950 seems unfair when events like Iron Banner roll around and we get Pub Stomped because we can't achieve max level without playing Bunghoes way. Let me hit max level grinding IB no problem. Make me play your toxic raids for hours on end only for RNG to F*ck me in the Arse NO THANKS EDIT: Guess I missed the part where IB will drop gear above 950. But you can still stick your Raid up your @$$ : )

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • I don't see why you're so anxious to hit a power cap that doesn't matter doesn't matter for shit. Not like there's gonna be some actual pinnacle activity you have to be max light to even enter. If you don't wanna do the task, don't cry about not getting the rewards, simple.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
      • Except Forever 29 was a 32% difference in power, so not having that 1 piece of gear was a big deal. There was also only 1 way to get it, 1 drop from a weekly raid. This is very different now. But sure, complain because complaints are fun

Posting in language:

• This is way more players than Luke Smith realizes exist. I am not sure if he does think to be honest. Just keep designing the game around a tiny group of those making a living from playing the game......and eventually that is who you will have left playing the game.

Posting in language:

• you are all a bunch of cry babies, my god you are completely outrageous little persons it´s no where near the level 29 thing, in d1 a level 29 did a lot less damage than a 30, here it´s not going to be a problem, less now that they said that the handicap is going to be lowered by 50 power points, there is nothing that works for you, if bungie lets you get max level without doing the raid, then what is the raid point, waaaaahh!, if bungie ask you to level past 950 doing pinnacle activities, what is the point of my leveling prior to that, sometimes i think that people should pay to write a thread, that way all this nonesense wouldn´t even appear on the forums.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • It’s actually sad almost the d1 playerbase left I mean I used to reading with my mates every week and it never got boring but d2 honestly its raids are what nightfalls in d1 we’re with maybe the exception of last wish and that’s too mechanicy anyways I just think that no matter what they do, even if there are a lot of things d2 has better, that d1 will always be better In all honesty they should have just kept it as d1 they pretty much only did d2 to rake in more players but at the cost of losing old ones

Posting in language:

• You’re trying to cure a symptom, not the illness. The “new” leveling mechanic from D1 works. It’s just that raids are unrewarding so not a lot of people want to run them. Fix the raids and that will fix the leveling issue. But if you are only going to run strikes or patrols all day, you don’t need to be over 950. Just sayin

Posting in language:

11 Replies
          • Glad to see you got your title, but the main post I must disagree with. The higher level is only needed for the most difficult content, which means raids. I just wish I could raid more, but work and 3 kids and a wife make that hard. When I do raid I like the challenge! Yeah it’s much MUCH more mechanics based in D2, but when you learn it and know the right loadouts these raids can be extremely fun. I LFG everything and I got through all the raids in D2. Hell, Crown of Sorrow and Scourge are some of the easiest raids in D2, at least in my opinion, but you need to have the light level and gear to compete.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • They gotta keep the recoveries ripping off old guys n young kids :)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • One day we will be able to reach 42069 light

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • This really is simple. You do not play pinnacle content = you do not get pinnacle rewards. Why do you need the light? What will you use it on? What content is there that you require the pinnacle light gains when you do not play pinnacle content? Strikes? Patrols? Please, do explain to me because im genuinely confused. Is it an entitlement thing? Do you think youre entitled to everything in the game without putting in the work to get it? How does that mentality work? What if i say I want every exotic given to me after the main campaign? How can you say im wrong? No, sorry. You get in what you put out. The system makes sense. I mean honestly youre complaining about being "stuck" but the only one making yourself stuck is you, your refusal to participate in any social or multiplayer aspects of an MMORPG is the crux. A Nightfall is not hard, I assure you. No one expecting you to play 500 raids to get max light, there is a variety of sources such as the already mentioned "Nightfall, raids, iron banner, etc" in the dev blog. We dont ever know which other sources will generate 950+ engrams, how about you wait and see.

Posting in language:

72 Replies
                  • ... Imagine playing the game to not do the pinnacle activities. If you really are going to complain about this you need to switch games. Raids, etc, are the main part of the game lmao

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • Lol the raids are all easy. Git gud

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Wow, someone complaining about Destiny raids being hard when they are actually considered the easiest raiding scene in gaming. *takes a shot* You know... its funny how Destiny is the only community that has players that don't raid complain about raiding and then also complain about the idea of raiding being rewarding. Seems like you are just trying to be a vengeful arsehole if you ask me. If you want to raid, hit the minumum suggested gear score and then get on LFG saying you are new. It might take a while but you will find a group. Not everyone is an arsehole when it comes to raiding, its a strawman arguement made by ignorant arseholes that had a bad experience raiding. If you want to find a group to raid somewhat regularly, then form a static.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                        • “Bungie I can’t get to max light by shooting fish in a barrel, the game is ruined”

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • [quote]I like the attitude that "if you don't do raids you don't need to be over 950". Y'all crack me up.[/quote] You don't [Quote]I had a raid team in D1 that finished one raid, changed characters and went right back in and did it again, then changed characters and did it again. [b][u]Every week.[/u][/b] In D2 I can't pay that team to do a raid. Hell, I can't even pay them to try a raid, much less finish. Why? More "hoops to jump through"/shady mechanics, revive tokens for whatever reason because some internet so-and-so said so, and this game's disrespect of players of varying abilities. But sure, let's put power ups behind certain activities and expect more people to engage in or attempt more content when over half the people that started this game left.[/quote] Player count is irrelevant. We've had raid specific things since D1 launch. [Quote]That's great for business. The people who left this game weren't hardcore enough I guess.[/quote] Implying that raids are why people buy this game EDIT: Just claimed my [b]MMXIX[/b] [b][u]Title[/u][/b] thanks to some great players in this community.[/quote]

Posting in language:

• Edited by Nerk6: 8/16/2019 9:08:26 PM
                            This is how it should be. If you can't do the raid then you dont deserve to be the same light as everyone else. Maybe a bit Elitist, but I'm fine with it. Edit: It seems like I've upset the casuals who can't do raids...

Posting in language:

46 Replies
                            • You know the funny thing about "if you don't raid you do not need this?". It will ensure that Raid groups will have a hard time replacing players that get their crap and stop playing. It will humorous to see how this system blows up in their faces.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • I know some really good lfg discord’s if you need to find a group

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • It’s ok because that’s even more money I’ll make off of doing raid recoveries lol

Posting in language:

• What I personally find fascinating is how quick the elitism sleeps through Within an hour of Luke’s second post, people were already coming out with the attitude of “you don’t need max power if you don’t raid” I mean yeah you don’t NEED it but it’s a nice goal. And it’s not like it affects them in any way other than they want to hold an imaginary number over somebody’s head. It’s just really sad that the pinnacle achievement in their lives is feeling superior to someone that hasn’t raided

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                                  • Hey, boys and girls. Two things: 1) Remnant: From The Ashes comes out on Tuesday. It's a third-person shooter with Souls-like combat, randomly generated maps in dungeons and zones between story-based areas, over twenty bosses and near-endless gameplay. You can play with two others for co-op and the devs (who are very friendly people that openly talk to their fans) will not use MTX, will have free DLC (smaller end stuff) and paid DLC (larger, meaningful content). 2) Borderlands 3 in a few weeks. Nuff said. Two games coming out in the span of a month. Both are more worthy of your time than this mess.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                    • The way I interpret was that raids and other difficult activities such as nightfalls and a yet to be named activity would award higher than 950 gear.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • Imagine having trouble with the current PvE sandbox even though the current raids can be done with your monitor off y i k e s

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                        • Forever 29 had nothing to do with this post. You do not need to raid to hit max light like you had to in D1Y1.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                          • Edited by Naffy_Waifu: 8/17/2019 2:34:24 PM
                                            You say you don't like the argument that if you don't do the raids then you don't need to be above 950, but then do nothing to explain why it's a bad argument. It doesn't matter whether or not D2 raids are worse than D1 raids (I mean, come on, you're gonna tell me Crota's End was a better designed raid than Last Wish?). The argument still remains true. You don't need to be endgame level if you're not doing endgame activities. Nothing about it is "sweaty, unless that term is synonymous with "logical".

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                                            ;
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon