JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Diana_Heath: 8/16/2019 5:02:00 PM

Bungie Foundation

Unfortunately I've been spending a few days at Children's Hospital in Seattle. I was impressed to notice my child's iPad had been given to the hospital through the Bungie Foundation. Sometimes Bungie doesn't get the balance right or drops a DLC that isn't everyone's favorite... But they spend time and resources to help other people, and to me that makes spending some extra money on Shadowkeep totally worth it even if the content is exactly what I want. Can't wait to get home and blow up stuff up. Edit: It's amazing how people can actually think giving to charity is bad because of a possibly less than stellar motive... Regardless of the reason, or if they write it off, or if other people also do charity, or if you think entertainment is not the best thing to donate to sick children... They are still going out of their way to help people in a lesser situation, which is a commendable thing regardless of how great their motive is.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• This is a good thing and I love reading about it. Especially as a father with children who have spent time in the hospital, who love games, which serve as a distraction from what would otherwise be pain. For those whose comments sparked an edit from the author...Instead of randomly defeating humanity in your head and assuming bad intent, I ask of you the opposite. Let's start giving people the benefit of the doubt. Let's try to see the good intent. Let's assume good intent until and unless otherwise proven in each individual and organization. When we do this, we become better people, we see each other differently, and the bad, as bad as it is and can be, will always be trumped (no pun intended) by good.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • It's always important to give credit where credit is due. Bungie does a great job of supporting charity.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Edited by CompengWho: 8/17/2019 12:40:42 PM
        For everyone complaining that businesses benefit from charitable donations. At least in the US, a charitable donation is not a 1 for 1 deduction in taxes. Instead, the donation is deducted from income. Yes, that does mean they pay less in taxes, but not dollar for dollar (not even close). If they are paying taxes at the top rate of 21%, a $1 donation would "save" them $0.21 in taxes. In other words, if they kept that dollar, they'd profit $0.79 after taxes. So, donating that $1 cost then $0.79 out of their pockets, making in fact a "real" charitable donation.

Posting in language:

• My CT scan on Monday showed I am now 54 weeks cancer free (Leydig Cell)! Shoutout to Bungie for giving me something to do to take my mind off of being laid out on my couch, drugged up and occasionally in pain and agony. I hope the people and kids in the hospital are good too.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        • I see a lot of POS humans in some of these comments. Try volunteering at a children's cancer ward like I did and find your humanity again. The toxicity in this place is unbelievable.

Posting in language:

• My wife is a Hemonc oncology nurse at a Children’s Hospital. Even if it’s a write off, the shit these kids go through is unbelievable. They have -blam!-ing ZERO going for them. Any distraction, even if it’s a corporate right off, gives them a moment from the pokes, the pic lines, the cables, everything. So when your troll ass decides to remind everyone how right offs, tax bullshit, politics this and that are all the motives behind corporations donating shit; remember that someone benefits from it. So enjoy being able to -blam!- and moan about your pretend outrage and throwing shade at Bungie. The recipients of a lot of these donations can’t even complain because they have a feeding tube shoved down their throat.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Inversive Flash: 8/17/2019 3:36:11 AM
          it blows my mind how two sided this comment section is

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • It's a nice move on Bungie's end. Not the first charity they've supported, either. Shame to see people throwing out the idea solely on the basis of personal bias and "expertise". Tin foil hats are on tight, tonight.

Posting in language:

• 👍

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Tax dodge 👍

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              • Friendly reminder that this is why sharing your tax information is actually a really big deal. It’s not charity in any capacity if it’s a write off. This also, isn’t a criticism of Bungie. Who knows what they do. And moreover— we the players, are the ones paying for this stuff also a lot of times. It’s not just Bungie gave a cute kid an iPad. Thank each other, even if we are sometimes crappy to each other.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Skred679: 8/16/2019 2:38:23 PM
                Some facts for you blissfully unaware guardians. [quote]Sad story but you do realize EVERY company does some sort of charity one way or another?[/quote] Almost every company does something like this under the guise of corporate social responsibility or something similarly termed. companies do this and they consider it an intangible asset called "Goodwill" usually. It's about boosting numbers not charity. Don't fool yourself into believing the goal was actually charitable. It literally boosts their balance sheet. When you hear the term corporate social responsibility, that just means a b******* PR campaign that you can write it down in your books as an intangible asset. More assets, better balance sheet. They get money from you in donations, buy things like mentioned by the OP, give them away with their name stamped on them, and then boost their financial statements. Now you know. Don't get me started on 501-3c They're literally taking donations and putting it into their books. It's completely legal money laundering. Don't forget that h00kers also ask for donations

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                • Meh, I'd like to see their books because you know the Red Cross pays their own salaries first and then selects where your donation goes. So, next time they're tugging on your heart, remember you're likely not donating for that cause; you're more likely buying some stiff a new suit or car and buying someone somewhere else, something else.

Posting in language:

• Someone’s gonna be toxic about this can guarantee it

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                  • Good for you, for giving props for a good thing. But you obviously brought this to the wrong place , seeing the comments here.

Posting in language:

• Sad story but you do realize EVERY company does some sort of charity one way or another?

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                    • Edited by error37: 8/16/2019 4:30:43 PM
                      [quote]Sometimes Bungie doesn't get the balance right or drops a DLC that isn't everyone's favorite... But they spend time and resources to help other people, and to me that makes spending some extra money on Shadowkeep totally worth it even if the content is exactly what I want.[/quote] The money they donate actually comes from the customers, aka you. And the reason why many US corporations are donating for charity or even create their own foundations is basically tax evasion. Every donation means less taxes they have to pay, and on top of that the people falling for it, aka you, are free marketing catalysts by spreading the praise. Technically speaking it's a win-win situation but noone should be fooled into thinking that a company like Bungie gives a flying -blam!- about anyone but themselves.

Posting in language:

• Edited by PAPASITO 30: 8/15/2019 10:55:17 PM
                      Must be nice to have nice things for kids in Seattle. But they should do it in other cities as well where standard of living is much lower. Just my 2 cents. Don't get me wrong, it is a great thing that kids are getting Ipads, and kids are very important. We should never forget that.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • Nice to get confirmation Bungie are targeting vulnerable kids

Posting in language:

• Not to mention they also are a part of the pride parade in Seattle. I believe they are a major contributor.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • Nice to see they can get something right.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • [quote]Unfortunately I've been spending a few days at Children's Hospital in Seattle. I was impressed to notice my child's iPad had been given to the hospital through the Bungie Foundation. Sometimes Bungie doesn't get the balance right or drops a DLC that isn't everyone's favorite... But they spend time and resources to help other people, and to me that makes spending some extra money on Shadowkeep totally worth it even if the content is exactly what I want. Can't wait to get home and blow up stuff up.[/quote] I am normally the first one to bash Bungie for their game issues. But credit/praise must be given where it's due. What Bungie Foundation does is absolutely amazing and really well done for that. Hope your child gets better soon!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Jvp Wrench: 8/16/2019 2:45:52 AM
                            Just for future reference, dlc sales don't go to the Bungie foundation. If you want your money to go to a good cause, buy stuff from the Bungie store. 100% of the profits from the Bungie foundation tab go to the Bungie foundation, & they provide the iPads & stuff to children's hospitals.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                            • Hope you feel better! And yes GET READY TO BLOW STUFF UP

Posting in language:

• Like any other company that seeks profits... this is done for tax write-offs. Seldom does it happen out of generosity or compassion.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Every company donates buku bucks for tax and PR purposes ! When you see an employee donating their time I’ll be impressed . See people like you thanking them , spreading the word Bungie is so good . Lol putting their names on the junk they donate ; so everyone knows lol real classy . Yes I’m a jerk , Bungie is fail but I hope your kid gets better .

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon