JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Director's Cut: Part II
8/15/2019 5:42:20 PM
elemental affinity and capping power for most people at 950 while teams will go over is just stupid. thanks for 5 years I guess but honestly, this is just a mess and maybe I'm too old for this but at least the kids and streamers will be happy. Maybe Activision was just trying to reign in the crazy this whole time...
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Heroic menagerie is higher than crown of sorrow. The name of an activity was redacted, but who’s to say it won’t happen again. Raids aren’t what they used to be. Not to mention people defeated crown in “contest mode”. So what even is the point of raiding anymore? It’ll be outdone by another horde mode

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Could possibly be a new mode like menagerie, reckoning etc., that they are adding with shadowkeep. I would be happy about that.

Posting in language:

• Found the solo player

Posting in language:

• Maybe Activision was never the real problem behind this game...

Posting in language:

• This

Posting in language:

• These changes are great. No restriction on teams, but this IS a team game. Get used to it.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Endless Teeth: 8/16/2019 12:45:24 PM
    So that’s where my cucumbers been hiding! Can I have it back I need it for my sandwiches 🥪

Posting in language:

• I've been sitting on them all along I'm so sorry!

Posting in language:

• A great team game that provides no way in game to actually team up but instead relies on third party apps and platforms to allow players to actually play in a team. 👌👌

Posting in language:

• Indeed 👍

Posting in language:

• Edited by YoungKingKush: 8/15/2019 6:39:58 PM
    So basically you want D2 Y1 again? There is literally 0 reason for you to be max power if you don’t plan on raiding/doing nightfalls/[REDACTED] anyway. Only time you may run into an issue is in Iron Banner if you participate. Not to mention that even once you cap out at 950 you’ll still be leveling your seasonal artifact which contain god knows what kind’ve crazy perks to help you keep up with those of us that do do pinnacle activities.

Posting in language:

• I don’t particularly agree with the guy but you are kinda wrong Some people have no interest in raiding or nightfalls etc but set themselves the goal of hitting max power Same as some have no interest in hitting legend in comp but want a title so they go after what they want instead I do hope the attitude of “if you’re not raiding you don’t need to be max power” becomes a thing. It is childish and elitist Things this game has too much of already

Posting in language:

• People like getting to max level in whatever game they play. Making it difficult to achieve when power doesn't even do anything is very strange. Gear is what puts you over the top, hitting the Power cap should be fairly easy.

Posting in language:

• Now that is just a difference in philosophy. Personally I fall on the side that Max Power, even if functionally not that useful, should be prestigious thing. When you see me in the tower with all 960 Light gear and my perfect Blink-Shotgun build transmog’d with the most badass look you’ve ever seen you know what I had to do to get there and it should inspire you to try and be as grossly incandescent.

Posting in language:

• The power barely factors into that however. Gear and fashion is what should inspire others, not your level.

Posting in language:

• That my friend is the ever-evolving conversation of Destiny, I don’t think either of us is wrong. I do 50% agree with you though, for example I would probably be just as happy dope armor glows coming exclusively from pinnacle activities as I would with gear 10 levels above max if those 10 levels are inconsequential stat wise.

Posting in language:

• I'm fine with better stuff coming from pinnacle stuff and that will still happen in terms of enhanced mods, cool looking armor and unique weapons along with raid exotics. tacking on an extra number is just ridiculous. I'm not dealing with 5 other people for hours each week just to get to max level, and if I'm not chasing max level or any of those things either, then whats the point or even playing anymore. problem I have is this game and community is more about getting to feel special while lording over others than actual gameplay. I at least chase max power and good rolls on weapons and armor but max power is gone, the armor is getting a stupid elemental restriction honestly doing the same old shit is getting real old. this is more an opportunity to feel validation than an enjoyable video game anymore and that sucks because the actual shooting and movement is the best, but if you don't love hanging out with strangers, typically squeekers or know it alls, then nothing for you.

Posting in language:

• I'm 61. Is that old enough for you? I'm not even the oldest member of my clan. The truth is though, that if you don't like running pinnacle content, it's going to be hard to find a regular group to play with. That's just what most people who play on a regular basis want to do. If you're on Xbox hit me up. I promise I hardly ever squeak.

Posting in language:

• I'm sorry you don't have friends your age to play with. LFG can be so hit or miss, definitely limits the fun.

Posting in language:

• Damn bro, I’m sorry you’ve had that experience. Yes, a large part of a community-based game like Destiny is showing off your best shit to others. This is reflected in every part of the game, it’s why rare emblems and titles are a thing. In order to keep the chase on, which in all honestly is the point of games like this, you have to have some type of reward to show for it and as there are a finite number of things they can reward us with that effect gameplay without breaking the game things like an extra 10 levels, cooler armor, etc. can be done as nausea. IMO ultimately it’s all a video game, none of this matters, so why not? As far as the friend-game, you are just unlucky. I myself and many others have made real friends through Destiny, and generally have a good time when LFGing.I barely run into squeakers anymore because they are playing Fortnite lol. If every group you get in “sucks” maybe you should examine the common denominator here.

Posting in language:

• honestly just never have luck with trying to raid with strangers, I get on LFG for other stuff but it just seems like this is geared more for a younger generation with more free time. could just be me I guess, do have issues with social anxiety so it could be me.... its probably me

Posting in language:

• Edited by Demon XXVII: 8/16/2019 4:39:42 AM
    Shame you're on a different platform (Xbox) I'd run some PvE with ya...introduce you to decent friendly folk with patience and ability to hold a conversation/kill aliens 😆

Posting in language:

• Yeah I think we can meet in the middle there. If the hardest activities actually gave the best gear, or at least the coolest looking gear, I think that would be for the best.

Posting in language:

• 👍

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon