JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Director's Cut: Part II
Edited by BoopBot: 8/15/2019 7:56:17 PM
Oh no ... Ugh, wheres my vodka.. [quote]Google Stadia[/quote] No. [quote]It seems like some comments from part I around MTX are being misconstrued.[/quote] New materials (shards) are being added, the entire library of materials will once again be diluted so only people spending 20-40 hours a week on the game will be able to afford anything of reason, was that the part we got wrong? [quote]Mods have both an Energy cost and an elemental affinity. [/quote] So take RNG , and now multiply the requirements by x3.| Hey, remember when you [b]secretly were nerfing XP[/b] gains, then when you got caught you upped the XP requirements instead? [quote]By chasing a good stat roll[/quote] Multiply current RNG by 5X... [quote]A number of the current mods will not work in the new armor that’s dropping this fall.[/quote] Everybody knows the lyrics to this song: " LETS, DO, THE GRIND HAUL, AGAIIINNNNNNN~" [quote] Here’s how we hope this works: If you’re a pretty hardcore player (or really lucky!)[/quote] ... Are you just flat out admitting that the entire point of deriving any fun from this game is either : A: Being a streamer with 40 hours a week sunk into this B: Being a college student with no job spending 40 hours a week on this C: [b]Simply being LUCKY[/b] ????? Hey.. Remember HALO? You know, where Fun was to be had repeatedly finding new ways to beat the campaign? Where PVP wasnt ruled by who was LUCKY enough to bring in 2 tap god tier ttk weapons and everyone was on a level playing field? Remember how loadout based PVP, that exact system was basically the death knell of FireFall , your progenitor? [quote]As the weeks go by and players approach the Shadowkeep Power cap and start finding mods with enhanced perks, we think that’s when our most invested, progression-chasing players will start to move over. [/quote] It really feels like you are just looking at that 90% player base who just wants a fun accessible game and Actively denying its existence. [quote]World First[/quote] You keep bringing up World First events from the past year like they were not a joke. -Certain- people got away with openly grinding exploits for light leveling, and it was very apparent that the clues or lack thereof for figuring out puzzles was a detriment to the process. You cut out more people than ever on who could even stand a chance of entering a day 1 raid. [quote]Or maybe, like me, you’ll do both at the same time (but hopefully with less mocking from your so-called friends). [/quote] Oh well that parts not a problem. Everyone I know who started this game in S1, is gone. They LEFT for all the reasons people left and stayed away. [quote]Which means that right now, you could (should!) stop spending currency to infuse your gear sets or that C-tier of weapons that you're keeping around until the patch notes just in case they are going to be good after the changes (there are many buffs coming and it is very tempting to spoil a bunch of them, but I said this wasn’t gonna be the patch notes!).[/quote] ... You introduced Spider and more recently the Tribute Hall which was quite literally designed to devour ALL of our currency. [quote]World Drops[/quote] Credit where credit due, some of this sounds ok. Still questionable when it comes to retooling the power levels because of how ... abundant.. they supposedly are going to be. [quote]This way, even if a player doesn’t play the raid, Iron Banner, or the [REDACTED], [/quote] ... its not that people don't WANT to play activities... you have made it impossible for them to participate through a lack of integrated team making tools, automated matchmaking for raids and Nightfall, which, lets be honest, Nightfall doesn't require anything but higher LL's to accomplish most of the questline and bounties needed for it, but you STILL NEED A TEAM, and Raids are designed with arbitrary mechanics that simply lock people out because of 'reasons'. You have people paying for end game content that you aren't allowing them to play due to game and social mechanics that will not let them participate. [b] PLEASE REVIEW THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/b2l2ZxNhCSg[/b] Look... [b]Destiny 2, has amazing art, wonderful lore, solid gameplay[/b]. I cant deny that, but SO MUCH CONTENT Is basically gate kept by strike team requirements and EXCESSIVE amounts of grind already, and Im seeing MORE grind with this update. You literaly have a Seasonal Grind Item that requires players to regrind every season because you'll REMOVE the one they already have. And thats what makes all of this so frustrating. [b]I still LOVE Destiny2[/b] , but... if all im going to be able to do is a couple missions solo, and then be left to re-grind the same old content...it doesn't feel like you love your players back.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Why is it, you think 90% of the player base plays or enjoys playing D2, the way you do? Bungie are the ones with that meta data, not you. Bungie are the ones, who know what percentages of players spend the different amounts of hours playing, not you. You can disagree with me all you like. You can call me a fan boy, or a sheep. Call me whatever you like. I average about 25 hours a week playing D2. That's a long with me working 40+ hours a week. And in Luke's journal entry section, where he outlined how he played, and what he found fun. It is almost identical to how I play, and what I find as fun, meaningful pursuits. So, I feel great about the direction the game seems to be going. And if around 50% of the player base feels the same way. I can totally see Bungie focusing on these types of gameplay loops going forward. Even if it means driving away 50% of the player base. Have to keep in mind, that the vast majority of players don't ever comment on any of the different forums. So the majority of the comments, many of them being complaints or voicing displeasure with D2, are most likely a very loud minority of the player base. Only Bungie really knows for sure. But if I'm right, then Bungie shouldn't cater to the minority. They should focus their efforts to keep the players like me satisfied. Only time will tell if there will be a mass exodus after Shadowkeep launches. I guess we will see.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Shaxx's voice "This is amazing!!!!!! With ten like you we could effect real change"

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 8/15/2019 11:05:29 PM
    😂 I can't stop laughing that I had to stop reading your post. Are these people human? Seriously, 12 years and they can't even get a Twab right. "See, we think this works and if you do this you might get lucky if you're a hardcore." OMG! who the hell types Dmg's gibberish that he has to post this and go silent? It's like they tell him, hey, sneak this in there but be quite about it. You got to make it a hit and run but if you get caught that's on you bro. Maybe they won't read it and we can say we put something out there 5 years later.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Oh no ... Ugh, wheres my vodka.. [quote]Google Stadia[/quote] No. No one cares [quote]It seems like some comments from part I around MTX are being misconstrued.[/quote] New materials (shards) are being added, the entire library of materials will once again be diluted so only people spending 20-40 hours a week on the game will be able to afford anything of reason, was that the part we got wrong? No one cares [quote]Mods have both an Energy cost and an elemental affinity. [/quote] So take RNG , and now multiply the requirements by x3.| No one cares Hey, remember when you [b]secretly were nerfing XP[/b] gains, then when you got caught you upped the XP requirements instead? [quote]By chasing a good stat roll[/quote] Multiply current RNG by 5X... No one cares [quote]A number of the current mods will not work in the new armor that’s dropping this fall.[/quote] Everybody knows the lyrics to this song: " LETS, DO, THE GRIND HAUL, AGAIIINNNNNNN~" no one cares [quote] Here’s how we hope this works: If you’re a pretty hardcore player (or really lucky!)[/quote] ... Are you just flat out admitting that the entire point of deriving any fun from this game is either : A: Being a streamer with 40 hours a week sunk into this B: Being a college student with no job spending 40 hours a week on this C: [b]Simply being LUCKY[/b] ????? Hey.. Remember HALO? You know, where Fun was to be had repeatedly finding new ways to beat the campaign? Where PVP wasnt ruled by who was LUCKY enough to bring in 2 tap god tier ttk weapons and everyone was on a level playing field? Remember how loadout based PVP, that exact system was basically the death knell of FireFall , your progenitor? [quote]As the weeks go by and players approach the Shadowkeep Power cap and start finding mods with enhanced perks, we think that’s when our most invested, progression-chasing players will start to move over. [/quote] It really feels like you are just looking at that 90% player base who just wants a fun accessible game and Actively denying its existence. [quote]World First[/quote] You keep bringing up World First events from the past year like they were not a joke. -Certain- people got away with openly grinding exploits for light leveling, and it was very apparent that the clues or lack thereof for figuring out puzzles was a detriment to the process. You cut out more people than ever on who could even stand a chance of entering a day 1 raid. [quote]Or maybe, like me, you’ll do both at the same time (but hopefully with less mocking from your so-called friends). [/quote] Oh well that parts not a problem. Everyone I know who started this game in S1, is gone. They LEFT for all the reasons people left and stayed away. [quote]Which means that right now, you could (should!) stop spending currency to infuse your gear sets or that C-tier of weapons that you're keeping around until the patch notes just in case they are going to be good after the changes (there are many buffs coming and it is very tempting to spoil a bunch of them, but I said this wasn’t gonna be the patch notes!).[/quote] ... You introduced Spider and more recently the Tribute Hall which was quite literally designed to devour ALL of our currency. [quote]World Drops[/quote] Credit where credit due, some of this sounds ok. Still questionable when it comes to retooling the power levels because of how ... abundant.. they supposedly are going to be. [quote]This way, even if a player doesn’t play the raid, Iron Banner, or the [REDACTED], [/quote] ... its not that people don't WANT to play activities... you have made it impossible for them to participate through a lack of integrated team making tools, automated matchmaking for raids and Nightfall, which, lets be honest, Nightfall doesn't require anything but higher LL's to accomplish most of the questline and bounties needed for it, but you STILL NEED A TEAM, and Raids are designed with arbitrary mechanics that simply lock people out because of 'reasons'. You have people paying for end game content that you aren't allowing them to play due to game and social mechanics that will not let them participate. [b] PLEASE REVIEW THIS VIDEO https://youtu.be/b2l2ZxNhCSg[/b] Look... [b]Destiny 2, has amazing art, wonderful lore, solid gameplay[/b]. I cant deny that, but SO MUCH CONTENT Is basically gate kept by strike team requirements and EXCESSIVE amounts of grind already, and Im seeing MORE grind with this update. You literaly have a Seasonal Grind Item that requires players to regrind every season because you'll REMOVE the one they already have. And thats what makes all of this so frustrating. [b]I still LOVE Destiny2[/b] , but... if all im going to be able to do is a couple missions solo, and then be left to re-grind the same old content...it doesn't feel like you love your players back.[/quote] No one cares

Posting in language:

• Wow ur cool this was to an extent semi decent feedback and u come along with ur witty humour no one cares😂😂😂 this guy fully spent maybe 5mins going through this guys thing to shove in a couple no on cares😂 get a life I know kind of ironic

Posting in language:

• [quote]Wow ur cool this was to an extent semi decent feedback and u come along with ur witty humour no one cares😂😂😂 this guy fully spent maybe 5mins going through this guys thing to shove in a couple no on cares😂 get a life I know kind of ironic[/quote] I know this kid didn’t just say “get a life to me” 😂😂 stfu and move on. This dude spends all his time in negative feedback. So I just spread the truth to him. No one cared. And more like 30 seconds, not 5 minutes.

Posting in language:

• Haven’t even touched played d3 from what ur good ol’ account says and yet ur here in the comments jeez😬😂😂

Posting in language:

• Edited by Demon XXVII: 8/16/2019 5:25:22 AM
    [quote] [b]cam09261[/b] Haven’t even touched played d3 from what ur good ol’ account says[/quote] D2 buddy (don't be jumping too far in the future) 😆👍

Posting in language:

• 😂clearly a lil misstype there but us till haven’t played it so can’t rly have a proper opinion when you’ve not touched it Let’s just say that forsaken was no where near as good as taken king and maybe not even vanilla d1 with its 2 expansions

Posting in language:

• Edited by Demon XXVII: 8/16/2019 12:47:27 PM
    [quote][b]cam09261[/b] 😂clearly a lil misstype there but us till haven’t played it so can’t rly have a proper opinion when you’ve not touched it Let’s just say that forsaken was no where near as good as taken king and maybe not even vanilla d1 with its 2 expansions[/quote] Mate, I've got 2000+ hours in Destiny 2 from vanilla all the way through to this months dreadful Solstice 'event' But yes, Forsaken wasn't the golden goose that Bungie claimed it be (good not epic) ....it had nowhere near enough meat on its bones to last 12 months

Posting in language:

• Man said stfu😂😂 don’t cry big boy

Posting in language:

• This statement bothers me slightly: [quote] ...(enhanced perks will come only from pinnacle activities)...[/quote] If this is only activities without matchmaking I will be highly disappointed. This might be the deciding factor whether I buy the next expansion or not, so will hold off for a while before buying into this. There are other games coming out soon which should keep me busy until I see how well this was implemented.

Posting in language:

• Iron banner will likely be one source so there will be options for solo players.

Posting in language:

• I remember way back they talked about trying to open the game up so solo players could be more part of the whole endgame process, but none of this has pointed to any of it :|

Posting in language:

• The game ISN'T HALO! Its a looter shoot that is pivoting towards being a MMO with RPG elements. Get over it or leave.

Posting in language:

• Game has never been a Looter-Shooter... [spoiler]neva....eva[/spoiler] An action Shooter? Yes indeed. Hence action MMO. There is a difference. One I've been telling you....and this forum for a few years now. By most of the standards around here....ESO would be a Looter-Shooter. No worries. All you Looter-Shooter people will have your BL3 ( Looter-Shooter ). I actually can't wait. Borderlands is the true Looter-Shooter. Not some hybrid game....that the Looter-Shooter element stops at "you shoot shit and loot drops, therefore Looter-Shooter"...

Posting in language:

• But that's what Destiny does to. You shoot, you loot. You also do quests and you get loot. You do raids you get loot. The core difference between Borderlands and Destiny is Borderlands can be 100% solo.

Posting in language:

• Nah buddy. Haha ...wow. Well uh ...no wonder...that description just confirms my point. Loot drops in ESO....you shoot shit in ESO....you do quests in ESO.... There is a reason [b]professionals [/b] get hired....and place games into genres. I promise their reasoning isn't "you shoot shit n loot drops". But honestly...this is tiring. I'm not doing this anymore. You just proved this place has no clue about genres....and that you can't even admit when you wrong. [spoiler]toodles[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Nah buddy. Haha ...wow. Well uh ...no wonder...that description just confirms my point. Loot drops in ESO....you shoot shit in ESO....you do quests in ESO.... There is a reason [b]professionals [/b] get hired....and place games into genres. I promise their reasoning isn't "you shoot shit n loot drops". But honestly...this is tiring. I'm not doing this anymore. You just proved this place has no clue about genres....and that you can't even admit when you wrong. [spoiler]toodles[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Edited by BoopBot: 8/15/2019 8:58:20 PM
    This game has DEEEEEP roots in Halo, and obviously, so does the company. It's also a recreation of FireFall, which had serious troubles by launch, one of the Glaring problems being class and loadout based PVP. Keep screeching.

Posting in language:

• So go play Halo. Solo. Because it’s actually intended to be played solo. Bye.

Posting in language:

• DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE VIDEO YOU LINKED? One quick click and its own video contradicts what you are complaining about. 42:06 They talk about how the solo game is meant to ease players into try to be more active in the game and how devs classify players baised on what they do. Casual: Character creation Interested: Level 5-25 Committed: 25-50 Determined: Small raids, guilds, PvP Hardcore: Large Scale raids and Competitive PvP LISTEN TO THE VIDEO! He states devs goals is to ease players into a group that defines them and they make sure there is content for every group. The fact you want to reach your hand out and take away from more dedicated players is disgusting. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to be hardcore. Play what you want. Destiny is NOT Halo, HALO IS STILL RELEASING GAMES! If you want to go play Halo, GO PLAY HALO!

Posting in language:

• Maybe, instead of yelling and being pedantic, watch the whole thing where he talks about finding ways of coercive and enabling solo players to join up.

Posting in language:

• And that's fine, start joining the group that has been campaigning to get LFG into the game and not on an app. Please don't be one of those asking for raid matchmaking, Destiny raids aren't built nor balanced for the general population and would need major reworks/changes of bringing back prestige raids in order for normal raids to be then balanced around the average joe.

Posting in language:

• Its mostly the social aspect that holds the entire game back. Everything else kinda laches off of that. I would argue Raids are not complex, just poorly designed when it comes to visual telegraphing. The idea of a level design is to help the player see where they go next, to hint at actions. World's First raids reveal how terrible Destiny 2 is at this concept. THat's not a design feature, thats a design flaw I think matchmaking should be an OPTION, not the only or default mode, but an OPTION at least. Same goes for Nightfall, ESPECIALY NIGHTFALL, because you can get " Sherpad" through nightfall, but the reality is you already KNOW how to play the map, its just harder and requires better LL. If CARDS are involved yeah you need to know more beforehand, but if the UI was expressly showing the group select their options then theres no way to be confused about it. Again, this game lacks social features. LFG not being integrated is REDICULIOUS for any MMO ANYTHING.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon