Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/13/2019 5:13:11 PM
dmg04

Director's Cut: Part 1

English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • With regard to proposed nerfs to supers like well of radiance and some exotics, with respect Mr. Smith I don't think it's the gear or the supers that are the issue. It's the encounters they're used in. In my opinion it's encounters in general that need to be worked on, specifically their variety. Number one, I would guess you've heard. GET RID OF STOMP. Or reduce signifcantly, or telegraph it, or make it avoidable, but you're eliminating all close range weapons that could otherwise be viable. The other mechanic that has to go, as you alluded to, is the trigger damage phase and stand in one place for x amount of time and unload. That's why supers like well of radiance seem so powerful because that's how most of the major encounters work. To whomever designed them's credit, I can think of a couple encounters that break this trend....sort of. First, in the Hollowed Lair strike you have the fallen walker encounter where once enough damage is done and its weak point exposes it pops a shield you have to get inside of to do damage. Things like that are more conducive to close range weapons. The other 'sort of' is the taken Knight boss in Gambit Prime. he shoots flames that cover an area. The problem with the encounter is you created a mechanic that requires us to stand in one place to get a damage buff, that coupled with the taken knight that is always flame throwing that spot, practically begs the use of well of radiance. Agan, the super isn't the problem. The boss attack isn't the problem. That's good it forces us to move. the problem is making us stand in one specific spot which in turn lends itself to things like well and barricades. I'm not saying get rid of such mechanics all together. There just needs to be more variety where supers like WoR aren't the go to.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 2
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon