JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Flawless: 8/16/2019 12:29:58 AM

Armor 2.0 Perks being limited to certain armor elements?

Watching the stream about Armor 2.0, it seemed very much like certain perks were only available on armor pieces with a certain element to them. That is, each of the three elements on an armor piece would have a certain pool with mutually exclusive perks. Shotgun perks for example had an arc symbol to them, sniper perks had a void symbol and fusion rifle perks had a solar symbol, so they were only available on armor pieces with the respective element on them. Additionally, other perks like (Enhanced) Ashes to Assets, (Enhanced) Impact Induction and Recuperation were also limited to specific armor elements. If that is actually the case, that would mean that these (non weapon) perks can not be combined with all of the different weapon perks. If you wanted to use Enhanced Impact Induction (which requires arc armor) and perks for a weapon like Hand Cannons or Sniper Rifles (which in the stream required void armor) that go into a slot on the same armor piece (i.e. both these perks go on hands), you would not be able to do that. Build options would be massively limited for a seemingly entirely arbitrary reason. Such a limitation would potentially ruin the entire Armor 2.0 Experience, as we would now be able to choose the perks we want to use, but be massively limited in the pool we can choose from. It would not cause additional grind or add anything to the system, but simply make it impossible to combine certain perks with each other for the sole reason, that some developers decided that weapon type X has to be tied to armor element Y and therefore you can combine a basic perk like Recuperation with a Fusion Rifle perk, but not with a perk for Hand Cannons, Sniper Rifles, Shotguns... [b]Edit:[/b] If Bungie really want to put a value to the armor elements and want to make us farm at least three full sets, i see it as a far better option to just make each armor piece grant +2 to all (or some) stats, when equipped with a matching subclass element (i.e. equipping Gauntlets with solar element roll grants +2 to all stats, while using a solar subclass), instead of limiting perks to certain armor elements and therefore limiting player choice and build options.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• how about we wait before criticism as of now primary weapons can roll scavenger on three pieces chest boots class item. while heavy n special scavs are limited to arms and class items.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • Ah when I first saw it, I assumed you had to get a void, solar or arc version of the same mod..

Posting in language:

• Yep effectively triple rng. Rng for base stats, then element and finally for the correct rune to drop. Mathematically this is an impossible grind unless this is your day job. Like Smith has literally made a game exclusively for Datto.

Posting in language:

26 Replies
      • Well with the state Destiny is in right now with all the Bad Game Modes, Super Nerfing, & Weapon Nerfing, the new 2.0 Armor is like pouring perfume on a Pile of Doggie Doo thinking it's going to change it from what it is.

Posting in language:

• They don't have an elemental affinity to them

Posting in language:

• Yup, so now just on 1 chracter they expect you to have multiple armor sets to grind for to simply inflate play time. Theyre trying for a massive MMORPG system in a very very basic looter shooter world. Itll never work. We're witnessing the beginning of the end for the destiny franchise

Posting in language:

• Or... Bungie is going to let you change the element for a 10000K glimmer and 5 Enhancement core fee.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ardour: 8/16/2019 5:32:40 PM
        If I would be Thanos, I would snaped fingers to... make all rng dissapear from this world.

Posting in language:

• You can choose the perks you want or you can choose the armor element bonus but you can have both. If your arc hunter who want hand cannon targeting, you can have it but the helmet won’t have the added damage resistance

Posting in language:

• This right here is going to be the next huge pain point for the community. It’s like Bungie makes something awesome then throws it in the mud as a final step.

Posting in language:

• This is dumb

Posting in language:

• I agree. I’m wondering about exotics too. If they don’t let me me have enhanced sniper with Astrocyte I’m gonna be pissed

Posting in language:

8 Replies
        • it looked too me that all armor perks are available for all armor elements. so say gauntlets get reloading perks only, every affinity will have the same perks to chose from as long as you have found that perk. so your void gauntlets will be able to equip the same perks as you solar ones, they just have to be the correct affinity. artificial grind extender, that's all this is because otherwise you would unlock one perk and have it for all armor regardless of affinity. the bungle way I guess🙄

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8d2WuFVD4 Watch this video starting at around 2:35. It may alleviate your concern (somewhat). I had the same concerns. The enhanced perks are still up in the air though I think.

Posting in language:

• Bungie can keep that elemental lockout garbage if thats the case, i’m keeping the enhanced rolls on IB and solstice armour...looks like “old” armour won’t be irrelevant for a while yet.

Posting in language:

• Bungo are like King Midas in reverse. Everything they touch turns to shit. 😖

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • All this Armor 2.0 thing does is gives Bungie a way to recycle armor with little to no development overhead. It's not about making shit fun, it's about creating "new features" to sell in Shadowkeep. Aka: marketing ploy

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • I created a post specifically telling Bungie to clarify this. Your topic was part of the reason I made my own. It's getting buried, but I feel as though we should really keep the traction going with this topic until we get an answer. My post is below. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253199316?page=0&sort=0&showBanned=0&path=1

Posting in language:

• It seems like an unnecessary step that the community may come to hate. I just don't understand the purpose of it. Seems like useless mechanics.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • this is what Bungie always does, rolls out something new and awesome but then tacks on 1 really stupid idea that just pisses everyone off... this elemental affinity crap is stupid and honestly put a huge damper on my excitement. finding out enhanced perks drop from top tier stuff like Raids and IB (funny that IB counts as top tier) also is annoying. I'm not doing 50 raids for a mod when I already have that perk on 10 pieces of gear

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • When will people learn? How many times do we have to go through this cycle? Disappointment>excuses from bungo, playing victim>but hey look here we will fix it with this magic patch, start over, recycled d1 favorites!>instant hype from drones>start over

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • I think this element is what is making me lean to not continuing with destiny. I have always preferred the "shooter" side of the game to the rpg side and this arbitrary roadblock is a step too far on the other side of the line for my tastes. That isn't me saying its bad design (although I don't understand why arc energy and the effectiveness of my void tractor canon are linked), but it just isn't for me anymore.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Affinity is just a way to increase the grind. In the video it only showed some of the mods, not all of them. So chances are their will be a shotgun mod for each element. A hand cannon mod for each element etc. etc. you will just have to keep playing until you get them all so that way you are not limited. It looked like there are even neutral versions of the elemental versions. Maybe those ones are gong to be harder to get. Who knows though, still lots of unknowns. Just gunna have to wait and see. It looks like this armor 2.0 will be a massive pain in the ass though, at least for the first couple months.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Until we learn that perks are slot exclusive (like arms/torso/head/legs/class) I'm not too worried, you'll just end up mixing up elemental armor pieces to get what you want.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Yeah this isn't going to work

Posting in language:

• I also wonder how does Armour 2.0 play out in Crucible. Are they nerfing the effects or just letting them go or what?

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon