JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by xShotty2Hotty: 8/16/2019 4:30:37 PM

Gambit vs Gambit Prime Poll

Gambit (Standard)

Gambit Prime

All, with the newly released directors cut concerning Gambit, i figured we could do a poll for which we would prefer. Personally i prefer Gambit Prime. Thanks -Shotty2Hotty Edit: Thanks for all the feedback. The hope is this can be used as a metric for Bungie to gauge what to do next with Gambit. This is the Community Feedback they wanted. I see Gambit going towards a hybrid cross between both the Standard and Prime game types. For those asking to have a "Remove Gambit its Awful" Button....I doubt with the resources spent that Bungie will remove it all together. At least from D2. Best bet is if they get enough feedback against it, it will not be included in D3 and they will come up with some other game type. (Also, it wont let me add another Poll option, unless i'm not seeing something). Please continue to make your vote and like the post if you haven't already in order to get more feedback from other players. Thanks

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• None of them as long as lairs handshake is a thing. Cause this exotic made gambit suck

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

11 Replies
    • Edited by PAPASITO 30: 8/16/2019 12:35:08 AM
      Am I the only person who preferred the old Gambit. I feel like these changes they implemented just made Gambit worse. I think the original Gambit was balanced, and it was nice to go in and really give it your all. In this Gambit, it feels very rushed, and doesn't allow any mistakes. Yea its nice that it doesn't last as long, and games are quicker, but at the same time, victories don't quite feel as rewarding when the game finally ends.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • People just want Gambit Prime because it's faster. In truth, base Gambit has a better flow.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Is there a none option so i dont have to do it for quests 😂

Posting in language:

• Edited by Rogue_Eagle: 8/15/2019 8:18:09 PM
          The more I think about it, invasions should happen at the exact same time, and should not be triggered by motes. For example, both teams can invade after 45 seconds. Then after 2 minutes. The reason why this would work is because it doesn't promote "steam rolling" since teams will know exactly how long they have until an invader comes. It also gives teams breathing room. Plus, they can invade at the exact same time. It's balanced. Maybe one team takes advantage of it, and the other team just focuses on getting motes. You can also time your banking to the invasion, rather than just banking to get the invasion. The thing is, the enemy will have a better understanding if that's what you're trying to do. Invasions as a whole just ruin Gambit. I understand that's the "thing." The uniqueness of PVP and PVE, but they're so freaking annoying. This is coming from someone who invades a ton, because I know it's the absolute key to winning. Expanding upon this. Invasions during the primeval phase should only trigger after certain damage thresholds. 1/3 of the bosses health taken off will allow you to invade the enemy, or maybe even the other way around. You can only invade the enemy after they've taken 1/3 health off. They shouldn't be timed during the primeval, because it just turns into an obvious catch-up mechanic and is annoying as crap.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Gambit Prime because the pain is over much quicker.

Posting in language:

• I actually really like gambit, both versions. But I got to vote gambit Prime. I wish invasions took just a little longer to come up though.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • 1. Random which you get 2. Rotate them per week Done

Posting in language:

• Uncoolhand Luke Smith and his backstreet boys over at Bungie fail to realize the analogy between Vanguard, Crucible, and Gambit and the irony behind the need to remove one or the other from Gambit itself. The same could be said about Quickplay or Competitive Crucible, or Vanguard Strikes and Vanguard Nightfalls. Why not just go ahead and feel the need to "Highlander" one or the other for both of those playmodes as well? I consider Gambit to be a standardized event where as Prime would be considered a further toxic and more competitive Gambit. Why feel the need to remove one? I see none. I made my vote but honestly the mere thought of cutting content in any way shape or form is as regressive as anything else Bungie has done.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Gambit Prime but they also need to make invasions less frequent.

Posting in language:

• I like both.... but then again i have almost 90 one man army medals so i guess i'm kinda biased when it comes to picking on kinderguardians who lack the simple ability to hide and cry when they decide to peak an obvious pvp type in the game mode.

Posting in language:

• I vote to keep both versions. They're different enough that they cater to your mood for the day. The end phase of normal Gambit allows you to fight from a "safe" location, while Prime forces you to move around, simultaneously contending with the boss, the envoys, and invader(s). I do the weekly bounties for both games, and that extra reward is a motivation.

Posting in language:

• I think the invader should be chosen at random with a timer before you go so you’d have time to put motes in. So we stop getting the nutty guy with a whole invader load out.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Vanilla Gambit, because Prime is full of bots.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Combine them. One longer round, fewer invasions, and no sissy ass specialized armor. Specializing the roles only makes solo que that much more frustrating. I'll be clear. If Prime ends up being the only choice, I will never play Gambit for any reason. The specialty roles are just nonsense I won't ever support.

Posting in language:

• Normal Gambit, but it should allow armor sets

Posting in language:

• normal because prime is all about invading, it's waaaaay to much, cut it down by 50% and im cool with it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • How about neither? Gambit is one of the most unenjoyable gamemodes they’ve put out. Its almost as bad as Breakthrough.

Posting in language:

• They both have pretty severe issues, but Prime is [i]slightly[/i] more tolerable.

Posting in language:

• Gambit Standard for me anyday. I like the 2 round system with the possibility of a sudden death round. I don't like the specialized roles and specialized armor and I don't like having to defeat envoys multiple times to deal damage to the prime evil. In classic if you are running solo you can load in and be ok no matter your playstyle and can even switch up if needed. With prime pushing twords specialized roles with specific armor sets for each it takes those options away and forces good all around players to limit themselves. No one uses team chat even if they go in solo as language will always be a barrier there. That alone puts solo players at a disadvantage. How can you coordinate with those you cannot communicate with? I understand the arguments for both gambits and I don't really see why either needs to be removed since that is the only 2 hybrid modes in the game yet we have 4 options for pvp plus the occasional iron banner. Not everyone wants full out pvp but welcomes this hybrid mode. I personally have quite a few unfinished exotic quest because they envolve forced good preformance in crucible and I am not a full out pvp player.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Considering I hate both equally and both have problems and mechanics that are sending me to both a heart attack and an aneurysm at an early age... I say Gambit Prime. Knowing full well the things I HATE about Gambit will NEVER be addressed.

Posting in language:

• I won't pick one. I like both. But both need corrections. Not too much of labour involved (at least as far as I can see it, I don't know what rust bucket their engine and tools are), so it could easily be fixed. For me Prime armour is one of few armours I don't want to barf from the look of.

Posting in language:

• [quote]All, with the newly released directors cut concerning Gambit, i figured we could do a poll for which we would prefer. Personally i prefer Gambit Prime. Thanks -Shotty2Hotty[/quote] I polled Gambit Prime cause I like that it is one round rather then 2. If Bungie decides to keep regular Gambit, make it 1 round and done.

Posting in language:

• Where is gambit sucks, remove it completely, and focus efforts on better pvp and more in-depth pve content

Posting in language:

• They're both just awful

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Should add a 3rd option of take Gambit away

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon