JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by GanjaLordGenji: 8/14/2019 5:06:07 AM

Directors Cut Part 2 should be a video, upvote if you agree

Love that you guys are doing this, but Id like to suggest making part 2 in video format. It’s better for a few reasons but mainly it’s more digestible for us as well as feeling more personal. Also I’m lazy and that’s the most I’ve read since college.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I think he avoid it because it will be called a Vdoc lol

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Yeah they should just do what RARE does for sea of thieves a weekly video covering whats been going on at RARE they use that format to talk about things like this and its nice feels less disconnected from the community like a wall of text does.

Posting in language:

• 50 people on YouTube already have you covered

Posting in language:

• No thanks. My attention span is long enough to read it and the written word leaves less room for misinterpretation.

Posting in language:

• Edited by One Shot Ted: 8/14/2019 11:12:03 PM
    I'd rather just read it.

Posting in language:

ShiverPike
    ShiverPike

I'm not British - old

Just wait a couple hours until someone does a reading of it

Posting in language:

• https://images.app.goo.gl/RzuAwGQ9rdrfKPXJ6

Posting in language:

• Edited by MC 077 Lasombra: 8/14/2019 7:55:12 PM
    You’re just lazy. Videos take more time to make, to get the level of detail from the first would make it loooong. You can’t just bother reading. Because you’re lazy. A short vid for you lazy people with a written memo would be the balance between you lazy people and the rest of us.

Posting in language:

• Edited by theleaper101: 8/14/2019 7:14:39 PM
    I’d like both. Some times if I watch a video I where it’s someone explaining things it’s 50/50 on wether I’ll completely listen or tune in and out, and with text sometimes I can stop and read an entire book, and sometimes I’ll get a paragraph in before it feels tedious for my eyes. Edit: It’s also easier to go back through text to find something than scrub through a video trying to find something, for the most part imo.

Posting in language:

• I think it's a matter of production costs and time. It's much easier for Luke Smith to just write up an essay and have it posted as an article rather than shoot it days in advance, with the setup for all the camera and audio equipment, then have someone edit it and review it before it's posted. Especially if they're going to keep doing these in multiple parts. If you want a video form just for easy digestion, plenty of D2 Youtubers cover it within hours.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by Pocket: 8/14/2019 10:46:23 AM
      No, text is way better. There are enough 12 minute videos with 2 minutes of content already on YouTube.

Posting in language:

• Nope, would rather read it than listen

Posting in language:

• I would rather it be done in bullet points. No extrapolations, no innuendo, no ambiguity, no personal opinions. Very simply - bullet points. This is where we are, this is where we are going, and the timeline to get there.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        PhraustStryke
        PhraustStryke

Gotta get those Blue balls, I mean orbs. - old

Only if it was unedited, unscripted, and uncut. If he swears, don’t bleep it. If he has bullet points to talk about, let him speak candidly. If he needs a moment to collect his thoughts, let us see that. Yeah the letter is great in all but to really emphasize key points that matter to you. You can do that when you speak that isn’t there when you write. Taking a moment to pause to let that last thought stew in the minds of the viewers. Stress certain words to really drive home a point to let them know that what I just said is a focal point. Using body language to create scope, depth, to portray emotion like passion on high points and defeat on low points are all lost in written form. In a raw video we can see all that we miss in writing. Only the writer knows where the stresses are. Only the writer knows where the pauses are. Only the writer knows what emotions are tied to what words. Those are all lost in written form. So I say if a video is posted let it be the real deal.

Posting in language:

• I say both. I like to read the posts in my downtime while at work, personally. But video format would be cool. It's not like the script isn't worked out already or anything.

Posting in language:

• In an hour or so they have a video on shadowkeep armor 2.0 etc... https://mixer.com/bungie https://www.youtube.com/user/Bungie 10am PT, 19:00 central Europe summer time

Posting in language:

• Nope.

Posting in language:

• If you want pt.2 to come out when Shadowkeep drops and pt.3 to come out next year. Levar Burton would be ashamed at you.

Posting in language:

• Take my upvote. Thanks

Posting in language:

8 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon