JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/14/2019 2:10:26 AM

Y'll need servers, bungo!

Not the first one to say this i bet, but D2 PvP really needs servers. like the amount of trading is stupid. And the times ive bin killed behind a wall is uncany. Has this even bin commented on by bungie ?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Wont happen, bungues to cheap. Hell one of their devs is so cheap she wouldnt spend on a decent set of clothes for the 2.0 live stream 🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Y’ll... that’s the other offspring of Oryx, right?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by Dirty8Speciall: 8/15/2019 8:30:08 PM
      I agree but Bungie is scraping up the moon rehash as new content and putting Eververse more up front than ever to make ends meet. There's no way in hell they're spending money on dedicated servers.

Posting in language:

• £5 from each player = 5million pounds to do it?

Posting in language:

• Destiny pvp is very unstable. I never had these kind of issues on cs or in warcraft.

Posting in language:

• CoD still doesn't have dedecated servers and they (EA) makes billions on those games.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
      • Bungie has commented. They said that the dedicated server multiplayer infrastucture, used universally among other AAA studios worldwide for the past 20 years, is too expensive - and that the improved quality of the game and future consumer draw isn't worth it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • [quote]Not the first one to say this i bet, but D2 PvP really needs servers. like the amount of trading is stupid. And the times ive bin killed behind a wall is uncany. Has this even bin commented on by bungie ?[/quote] Yeah, you are repeating what many people have already said. Bungies reasoning for using peer to peer. https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/25/15695064/destiny-2-servers-network-bungie

Posting in language:

Ram the Socket
          Ram the Socket

S o c k e t s - old

They’ve already made crucible medals based around P2P. The ones where you ‘trade’ final blows with melees or somehow [i]perfectly time a trading final shot on someone.[/i] Dedicated servers are for the best. It’d reduce instability and inconsistency, and even help in gambit.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • It's not the servers that's lacking, it's your 1800s internet that's lacking bud. Don't play FPS games on McDonald's WiFi or on any WiFi connection for that mattter. I haven't had "rubber banding" or any other connection issues on wired 80down/30up. Tho, I have noticed the lag compensation on pvp and the usual framerate drops when doing a puplic event etc etc.

Posting in language:

• Bungie consistently ignores this request as according to them prior to the release of D2, their "hybrid" servers work best for the game 🤦‍♂️

Posting in language:

• The servers are sh it probably the worst. Out of the hundreds of games I've played never seen a game so unstable.

Posting in language:

• We should make this a daily request. Peer to peer for player versus player is just a terrible idea and is easily exploited as evidenced by the years of complaints. It is even a security risk as IP's are observable. Dedicated servers should be a priority over everything else at this point. I would even think the move to Steam would make the transition easier.

Posting in language:

• ^^^^

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ninja Slayer: 8/14/2019 9:03:34 AM
            Trades are designed to be there, not lag. That is netcode. Kills behind walls are also lag, and dedicated servers wouldn’t fix that. Lag is real and always will be a thing. If someone has lower lag than you, that will always be a thing, and vice versa. I don’t care how fast your internet is or if you’re wired on not, latency is latency. D2 has servers, Bungie operated servers, or it wouldn’t exist.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • Hopefully when the Google Stadia version comes out, Microsoft and Sony can convince Bungie to also put Destiny 2 on Microsoft Azure cloud servers for Xbox and PSN customers.

Posting in language:

• Yeah I've been noticing a few hiccups with the servers when I was playing strikes yesterday

Posting in language:

• We said this in D1 already, did they acknowledge the issue? Yes. Did they change it for D2? Hell no and they were even confident that all the problems were solved, it only got worse. Bungie has in several interviews and one dev blog defended the whole P2P and threw in some semi-technical terms about how much better their system is compared to regular P2P, none of it is true of course. https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45919/7_This-Week-At-Bungie--05252017 Yeah we may not get host migration issues, now we get lag, lost bullets, trades and plain disconnects instead.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • It's just not bin spoken about enough, peer to peer deserves to be in the bin because I bin getting killed through walls and the other team bin getting the same and everyone bin complaining. It's just not bin fun.

Posting in language:

• How much would dedicated servers cost Bungie? Just curious how this would impact the overall cost of the game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • We especially need servers now because now that eververse is only purchasable directly and eververse is coming to the director so you have access to micro transactions 100% of the time AND their are apparently a million concurrent players they 100% have the money to support servers. I mean we know the money is not going into refreshing the vendors stock every season and seasonal content is mostly paid for in dlc form. They don’t really have any reason not to.

Posting in language:

• it's not going to happen and if it did.... for some reason it would be for the raids only... or worse gambit only dedicated servers

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon