JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by superskybro: 8/15/2019 11:47:09 AM

Do you ever just think about the Vex?

About where they came from? How we met? What powers and technological achievements they may have just laying about a few lightyears away from Sol Sometimes I wonder what would happen if they Vex ever went to war, with all their flawless simulations and mysterious battle frames. Almost makes you think that the Light and the Darkness are the only things keeping the universe from being... One.. big mach-WAIT A MINUTE! Light represents Life, growth, and tolerance. All great on paper but alone and left unchecked they can spiral out of control Darkness represents Death, decay, and survival of the fittest. All necessary evils but each unsavory and undesirable What if the Vex and all their technology represent a universe lacking such concepts? If the Light was killed death and a survival of the fittest mentality would be the only thing left standing, meaning that the Vex would be impervious to such formalities as they are a robotic/liquid race. If the Darkness was killed then Life and tolerance would be the only thing in existence, meaning the Vex who are beyond Life and morality could just mold us into whatever shape they need for their collective to thrive Perhaps the Vex in all their wonder represent a universe of unchanging nature, literally incapable of evolving and adapting to the circumstances they have to live with! The Vex are the third piece of the puzzle! Light = Life Darkness = death Vex = stagnation The collective seeks to assimilate itself into the very nature of our reality, what better way to do this then to become the antithesis of paracausality itself! [spoiler] I've been hanging out with Asher and Osiris too much [/spoiler]
English
#lore #destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• The vex are micmicing sword logic. Go read oryx’s bio.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • I think about the Vexs origins, and how they seem to be a counter version to say Halo’s Flood. One single drone can destroy a world, incredibly hard to eradicate, and can turn organic flesh into what they wish. Only difference is, they’re not actively trying to destroy everything like the Flood. Which begs the question, if the Vex are basically construction drones here, what in God’s green and blue balls are the Combat focused Vex doing now?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • The whole thing is rather Vexing.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • To find out more about the origin of the Vex, you need to enter a Hilbert space, if the Taken have not misaligned the Pyramidion’s base geometric intuitions. After which you should now find yourself in a vast desert of tiny, cubic crystals. Climb straight up the Sierpinski carpet and then through the manifold.  [spoiler]Brakion is not far now.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Vex are wierd. Like... Who built them? Did they build themselves? If they built themselves, then there must exist a fully organic Vex. If someone else built them... Then they're just sentient milk right? Also, who built them? Why? Also... What would happen if someone introduced the Taken to the Infinite Forest?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • All I think about are the THICC thighs of Minotaurs and Praetorians.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • 2 years later and Asher still hasn’t told me what the expected destructive capacity of the Almighty is in Zetajoules

Posting in language:

• I was just thinking that possibly we could team up with the creatures of darkness to fight the threat of the Vex.

Posting in language:

• [quote][spoiler] I've been hanging out with Asher and Osiris too much [/spoiler][/quote] Meanwhile, I haven’t been to Io since the last flashpoint.

Posting in language:

• Damn, this shit's deep. Tell me, how many sleepless nights do you have a month just thinking about this?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • Rather than Light = Life, Darkness = Death, and Vex =Limbo, I believe the dynamic to be closer to Light = Creation, Darkness = Destruction, Vex = Time and/or stagnation. The Vex are capable of Time travel on a massive scale, and any race capable of time travel would be able to defeat any race incapable of time travel in a war. The Vex, by all accounts, should have already succeeded in conquering all of existence because they can time travel while no other known race can. This raises the question, "Why haven't the Vex already conquered the universe if they can time travel?". The answer is clear to me. The Vex haven't conquered the universe yet because it's not their goal. The Vex don't need to, or even want to, conquer anything, at least not in the same way races like ourselves or the Hive do. The Vex simply desire to be a law of the universe, ingrained into the very fabric of reality. To that end, all the Vex need to do is wait. Wait and calculate. They don't want to participate in the conflict between the light and the dark, they only care about the outcome. The Vex want to see which side the universe favors, because it will give them that much more insight on how to become a universal law. The Vex only need to defend and wait, that's why they have converted into robot bodies that cannot die of age. The Vex hardly even attack us, they almost entirely take defensive action against guardians. We arrive on already mechanized worlds such as Venus, Nessus, or Mercury, and the Vex defend their holdings. The only time we ever see the Vex attempting to claim new territory is on Mars in D1, but once we kill the mind leading the Vex on Mars they seem to give up and only defend the small parts of the planet they managed to control. Really, I don't think it's possible to defeat the Vex when they hold both the advantages of time travel and only needing to defend. The best course of action is simply to make it so that the Vex need us in some capacity to complete their goals. If ever given the chance, it would be ideal for us to become an ally of the Vex. We might just be able to join the Vex at the end of time if we do.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • No but I do think of Araskes a lot

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • This whole Light and Dark thing is just irritating as hell. The universe is far too complex and weird for simple duality.

Posting in language:

• I just wanna see some Vex combat frames already

Posting in language:

• I think this guy wants to have Vex with the Vex ?!?! Shocking !!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • I am a man. I have a beautiful wife that I love. So you tell me what I think about. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Nope

Posting in language:

• Nope. I prefer not to go insane.

Posting in language:

• Hmmm🤔. Nope. 😁

Posting in language:

• The salvation of the Vex means survival at all costs, meaning the extermination of meaning. The Vex are entirely of the material world, and they're created to preserve the universe they were born into. Light and Dark are not of this realm, and were created when the "First Collapse" occured when the Traveler departed resulting in the accidental creation of the material universe. The Vex are the ultimate extreme in regards to causality which is acausality, whereas the mortal beings such as humanity and the other organic races live within this causal plane, unless influenced by a Paracausal power (Light & Dark) This is why the Vex are an evil so dark it despises other evil. Because at least if Darkness wins, something will exist. Material realms would cease and the Society would return albeit corrupted. If Light wins (it won't) meaning continued existance in another form of the "Society" but it would leave no room for the races deemed unworthy and the cycle will just repeat itself.. The path forward would be for all the mortal races to come together to fight the Darkness. The Darkness needs to take the Traveler to be made vulnerable, and the mortal races need to defeat both the Light & Dark to win. No more Gods, only people's deciding their own Destiny with the veil restored and the powers that be amongst every being, as the universe expands indefinitely instead of being surrounded by Nothingness. [The Vex just needs the right mind to lead them.] [spoiler]...and perhaps cause a new wave of Darkness down the line.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• This started out like a love letter to the vex.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Vex limbo is the vex of sword logic lul. If the origin of the vex is found and killed, there will be no limbo. Then what?

Posting in language:

• Edited by VinnyML: 8/14/2019 8:22:08 AM
                            I love this post, OP. I just wanted to say that first because I kind of disagree slightly. Though the principles guiding the Vex are different than those of the Hive, I see their end goal as similar, if not functionally identical. The Vex focus on shaping the future based on a pattern, trial and error, and removal of variables that compete with or complicate their end goal. The Hive are explicitly striving toward a final state of the Universe in which the most fit are all that's left. This too can be seen as removing variables that complicate the end goal. Both the Vex and the Hive are creating chaos at this point in time, but their objective is the diametric opposite of that chaos. Where they differ, I think, is in the reason behind their respective quests. I think the Vex travel and conquer for power and to remove enemies in their quest for domination and homogeny. The Hive, however, are really drinking that Sword Logic Kool Aid. They too work toward a perfect final state, but they don't necessarily need to be there when it's achieved. We killed Oryx, and in the dogma of the Hive that was right and good. We were and still are more fit; a better version of the perfect final state to which the Hive aim to guide the universe. Anyway, that's just how I see it. This is a great thread. Destiny lore is amazing and vastly underutilized. I hope they continue to release the Grimoire Anthologies. I'd love to see some novels like with Halo.

Posting in language:

I tried but it too vexing. Ha, see what I did there?

Posting in language:

• Not in that way, no. .. It's purely platonic 😛

Posting in language:

• They are just bots filled with milk, don't overthink it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon