JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Moudiz: 8/14/2019 1:33:49 PM

FPS issues on PC after changing fov

[b]EDIT: [/b] The issue seems to have fixed itself after a windows update, thank you those who tried to help. I got a new mouse and I tried to put the game at 105 fov earlier today and it instantly put my fps to 15-20, I tried reverting and putting my settings at the lowest level possible but nothing worked; here's some of my specs: GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM i7-7700HQ @ 2.80 GHz 16 GB RAM
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• FOV does impact performance, but not as much as the render resolution and some of the shadow and terrain options. If you put back to default settings and still barely get 20 fps something else is going on, like corrupted files in destiny folder or on your nvidia. I would reinstall destiny and nvidia drivers, if still happens i would format and reinstall windows. Only getting 20 fps doesnt sound like video options issue, when first launched i ran d2 at 80 +fps on 1080p with i5 4460 and rx 480 8gb. Are you using 1080p or is your laptop screen 1440p? best of luck.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Destiny 2 is poorly optimized. Lots of people are having FPS issues suddenly

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • FoV is one of the biggest impacts to performance. I'm not sure why yours wont revert back though. I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but did you save your setting when you changed them back?

Posting in language:

• Hi there. Thanks for your report. You might want to [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46407]remove your CVARS.xml[/url] file to see if anything changes.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon