Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/13/2019 5:13:11 PM
dmg04

Director's Cut: Part 1

English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I will go to Reddit for the constructive adult comments. It is time this forum grew up, shame on some of you.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Some feedback based on your Director’s Cut : Part One (which I found an interesting read). I enjoy Prime over normal Gambit. Quicker and more efficient. Not sure about feeling like less invasions though? I still feel like there are too many invasions (too quickly together) and that Invaders still have too much of an advantage being able to see enemy guardians AT ALL TIMES. Especially with weapons like Truth. Snipers have also become a bit of a problem in Gambit as invaders can see EXACTLY when you’ll pop out of cover. I’d like to see Prime the main mode with more time between invasions (at least an extra 15-20 seconds) and I think after 5-10 seconds of invading, the markers for enemy guardians should disappear. Let the invaders see where guardians are at first, then they can begin the hunt as the markers disappear (they can use their radar as they get closer). Oh and while Gambit perk armour (from awful Reckoning) was a cool idea, having multiple levels of that armour just made it too much of a hassle to bother chasing (plus Tier 3 Reckoning isn’t fun). While challenge is a good thing, please don’t go all in on making everything challenging, especially to the point of requiring fireteams all the time. I actually find the current mix of challenge in the game quite good. I don’t raid as getting 6 people together for a long session is just a hassle I can’t be bothered with (I’ve passed Leviathan which I didn’t find particularly fun, EoW was ok and Spire of Stars the boss was tedious and I gave up). Shattered Throne a friend and I two manned and we aren’t fantastic players, so that was great. Zero Hour and Whipser I managed to LFG with a friend (Zero Hour being available at all times was MUCH better than waiting for public events, it meant I have a fair go at jumping in and learning the level). Things like Menagerie was fun (until the chest nerf, 1 reward isn’t quite enough). Overall there is a good mix of ‘challenge’ levels and I don’t want it to go too far one way or the other. Oh, and Tier 3 Reckoning sucks, but I think you know that. As much as I want a Gnawing Hunger, it just isn’t worth playing Reckoning. I don’t mind Eververse for cosmetics, I understand wanting gear as game rewards, cosmetics from MTX. Nice hearing Whisper ornaments funded Zero Hour, great piece of info. BUT. The silver prices are just too damn high. I’m in Australia. A full new game costs about $79. 1000 silver costs $15. So 800 silver for a Solstice glow ornament costs me about $12. You really think one ornament is worth 15% of the price of a brand new full game? That’s where you lose me. If a gun or armour ornament was like $3, I’d be with you all the way. Currently it seems way overpriced, especially as it feels like you’re heading towards less opportunity to accumulate bright dust. Chalice style reward system was cool, being able to focus on the rewards you want. I’d like to see more activities have more direct paths to the items you want. Say an activity had a full 5 piece armour set, maybe the end of the activity could reward one key, but 5 chests appear, each corresponding to the individual pieces of armour. You can then choose which chest to use your key on to get that specific piece of armour (head, arms, chest, legs, class item). Chalice was a good way of rewarding players. I’d be happy to see more RPG elements enter the game. PvP could do with some sweeping changes (I think one shot weapons and special ammo is far too prevalent). But one piece of feedback I’d like to give is PLEASE don’t extend grind for grind’s sake. The Solstice grind was incredibly boring and tedious. I did one set of armour to Legendary and that’s all I’ll do for this event. That grind sucked the life out of me. Especially as there was nothing along the way to keep you going. Say for completing each armour piece I got a special Solstice weapon along the way (completing helmet gave me a Solstive Auto rifle, Arms a Solstice shotgun etc etc), cool, I’d feel like I was getting rewarded through my grind. But as it was, it was an AWFUL over the top grind. Looking forward to hearing more about Shadowkeep (still haven’t pre-ordered as I want to know more first). But please, if I have to re-grind out my whole Escalation Protocol armour sets for them to be 2.0 compatible, I won’t be happy. At least make them ornaments or something.

Posting in language:

• Edited by polam73: 8/14/2019 6:33:01 AM
      with almost 15 million player base (annual income of 15x100 =1.5 Billion... that is how much we players pay Bungie. claiming things are hard to develop because they were disorganized? that really sounds irresponsible. people are sympathetic and love Destiny so much they are willing to forgive and forget. yet what I really saw in Luke's words are more disorganized rants vs ...streamlining business resources (supply) and understanding the player base (demand). He knows a lot about the game but he does not understand the demand side enough to make good decisions with the resources at hand. Bungie really needs good business people who are organized and able to properly manage resources. It's not easy but with 1.5 billion ...it really should not be all that hard.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • To summarise "we f ucked up so we're gonna nerf some shite, maybe even remove some stuff you've already payed for and well screw you cos you've not bought enough silver"

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Some interesting stuff. So much needs to improve with D2 (a good raid would be nice) I'm interested to read about future changes. Moving EV to the Director is a scum move. I don't want that crap in my face any more than it already is. I'm also irked that somehow game dev - and this isn't just Bungo, but the wider sphere* - seems to think it differs from all other industries, in that hard work and hard work alone is all that is required and therefore should be applauded. Last I checked, hard work is a prerequisite for most jobs in most industries, and quality end work product that brings success is what should be applauded. * So yes, I realise it's a consumer-created problem too, can't shy away from that.

Posting in language:

• D1 will be remembered as the golden age of the franchise. Mark my words.......

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • about the whisper nerf... was it because of the raids? It was mentioned it happened because huge bosses got easily killed or something like that. I‘m just curious.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Tuck2001: 8/14/2019 7:45:38 AM

Started a new topic: Something I would like to see with the new eververse

• Edited by Nohbdy: 8/14/2019 7:00:19 AM
            Oh well

Posting in language:

• Edited by gabezilla101: 8/14/2019 12:00:33 PM
            I think it’s great you’re trying to communicate in a transparent way with the player base. That said maybe nerfing things isn’t necessary in PVE. Maybe that’s how you can let the player experience the game the way they’d like to. Nobody puts a gun to a players head and forces them to use well or whisper. It’s a choice and players should be able to experience things at a difficultly level they can enjoy. The answer is better rewards and accolades for accomplishing the most difficult tasks with less as a choice. This still allows casuals or veteran players the fun of melting things with OP weapons and abilities but distinguishes the player who accomplished more while using less. Food for thought and leave my Warlock alone.

Posting in language:

• The one thing I disagree with, we don’t have a powerful sources problem. Having the diversity to tailor your game and still be leveling up and not feeling like you’re missing out is key to enjoying and NOT feeling overwhelmed

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Edited by Shrike22498: 8/13/2019 5:43:07 PM
              There are way too many invasions in every form of gambit!

Posting in language:

8 Replies
              • Edited by Jester: 8/13/2019 8:19:32 PM
                Gambit Prime is better than Gambit. In every way. The biggest problem with Gambit Prime is that heavy ammo decides games, but it drops sporadically and can be cheesed (with Armament Mods). So Gambit Prime doesn't feel like an even playing ground competitively. [b]The solution is to have everyone start with a set amount of heavy ammo, and that's all they get for the whole game.[/b] This prevents that one a-hole in matchmaking from hoarding all the heavy spawns. And it forces some tough choices: Am I going to burn my heavy ammo on invading? Or killing invaders? Or clearing the bank quickly? Or burning the primeval? This wasn't my idea. I'm just advocating for it. Sincerely, A Grizzled Ancient P.S. Supers also decide games, but super economy is a known issue across all of Destiny 2 right now.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • So they want to make this game for no lifes people who spend 10 hours every day on this game

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by BoopBot: 8/14/2019 5:58:02 AM
                    ----Preface--- D2 has amazing art, great writing, cool lore, solid gameplay. Bungie is made up of some of the best people in the industry when it comes to game development. Though i have no comment on their higher management. I want to lead with that because the rest of this is going to be sarcastic and a bit antagonistic in response to ... a lack of reason and transparency to the players. -----Reaction---- [quote]I like Gambit Prime. It felt like a great refinement of Gambit to me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. [/quote] DMG.... does he READ your feedback from the forums and reddit? Does he NOT KNOW how much people VIOLENTLY DESPISE Gambit Prime?! [quote]I wondered, How are we ever going to make content that fairly challenges players again? [/quote] I think the community agreed that " More OGRES on a Bridge" was not the route to take. [quote]Generally, in activities we expect players to complete alone (dungeons, raids,[/quote] Like 2-8 % of the community does raids because you arbitrarily require premades and have no good integrated communal tools for organising, communicating, or pushing people into raiding... [quote]Destiny had sweet gear and in order to create challenge in the Reckoning we broke a bunch of our encounter design philosophy. That sweet gear, coupled with the encounter design meant the number of ways to viably/efficiently progress was dramatically reduced.[/quote] The sweet gear no one got? The gear they complained never dropped? Are you Joking? Is it April First somewhere and I am unaware? [quote]But here's why: we asked the media to play the game on Heroic, because when the game is challenging, overcoming the challenge feels incredible. [/quote] Halo was also polished, scaled well, had no time investment requirements, no RNG for loot drops, no excessively small loot pool because of it, didnt reuse assets from its predecessor (Marathon?) and had a level playing field for PVP that had no loadouts requiring grinding gear for advantages or broken skill trees, which made it one of the best fun and accessible console FPS games for over a decade. Maybe go back and look at your other baby. It did good. [quote]Oh, and this fall, bounties will be separated from quests and PC players can assign a hot key that takes them directly to the Pursuits menu.[/quote] its not that theyre together that's the problem, its that they are repetitive, monotonous, unrewarding, and impractacle for people who dont have 3 characters and the 20 hours to invest in them a week. [quote]Last year, we thought long and hard about Eververse and how we wanted to change the strategy around microtransactions in Destiny. As some folks have smartly pointed out, MTX is a big part of our business being a live game[/quote] Really? MTX? Not the.. roughly 25 million copies sold?+ dlc + season pass? On average how much did you make per player? ... + $100million from NetEase to sit on your board of directors ? How much did Activision take for MTX to be a necessity to keeping this game going when you already charged for DLC that had reused assets, some of which questionably had already been designed for DESTINY 1?? I.. QUESTION the validity of this statement. [quote]We want to believe that our players would rather just buy things they like from the store. [/quote] Oh, I get it.. Alexa, Play "Whale Noises". You do realise the same methods you use to draw people into microtransactions is the same methods used to get kids hooked on gambling and opioids right? [quote]The storefront is going to get another round of enhancements this fall, too. We're going to move it to the Director, so you don't have go to the Tower and see Tess to interact with it.[/quote] ... yeah basically what I stated above. [quote]We have made deliberate choices related to cosmetic items and not having them come from gameplay.[/quote] 🥕 & 🥢 (carrot and stick, call it what it is) [quote]THE MENAGERIE IS SWEET [/quote] Wait, hold on... [quote]THE MENAGERIE [b]WAS[/b] SWEET[/quote] I fixed it. [quote]Escalation Protocol is one of the best things we've added to Destiny 2.[/quote] Agreed. It was rewarding, accessable, and fun. And you used it to make Blind Well, Gambit, The Menagerie, and the Reckoning... though.. Side note... Screw the Reckoning. Couldn't even get into it because I couldn't finish my gambit prime story because THE ENTIRE THING IS FULL OF AFKERS and I always happened to get more on my team than the opposing. It Took forever, Wasnt fun, and made me not care about AAANY of the season of the drifter content. So, THANKS for that. But Back to EP. IT WAS GREAT. MORE STUFF LIKE THAT. But lose the stomp mechanic and overloading the arena with BEAMS... BEAMS EVERYWHERE. [quote]There's a lot a lot a lot of awesome stuff we didn't spend time talking about (Tribute Hall,[/quote] Or how you sucked all the glimmer and materials out of your average playerbase. [quote]Lumina,[/quote] Unfinished because, solo, and, nightfall. Thanks [quote] that cool Drifter cinematic with the Taken Captain, [/quote] Your animators are great. Give them raises with all that money still being pocketed. [quote]lore books, [/quote] que? [quote]Vanguard/Drifter choice, et cetera). [/quote] Cant partake in something you never reached.

Posting in language:

• Edited by blade329: 8/13/2019 8:19:45 PM
                    I liked what I read for the most part. However, like another user stated, let's be real careful when using streamers for game design decisions. Guys like Datto are very competitive and have a channel to keep up. His needs are totally different from an average gamer like myself. Just because I subscribe to streamers doesn't mean I agree with what they want all the time. I might get build tips or information from them, but sometimes I totally disagree with game changes they want.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • So your gonna nerf warlocks. If you never took away or sunsinger resurrection. We would not need a nerf. The only good thing on the warlocks fire tree is the well of radiance. Bungie is Redick. My only feed back on gambit is we need bigger maps like the titan map. That to me is what feels so good about gambit prime. The bigger maps.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Banzai: 8/14/2019 5:20:23 AM
                      Ok Luke Smith... You've convinced me. For the first time I will buy some silver, but only after the game has moved to steam. You guys gotta do something about the social tools in the game though, if this is meant to be an mmo-ish kind of game. They're... Erm... Not very good.

Posting in language:

• Edited by baez320: 8/13/2019 11:36:37 PM
                      Here is an idea for Datto and everyone that wants nerds of supers... hold on and sit because I will blow your mind.. Ready? [spoiler]GO TO YOUR -blam!-ING MENU. CHANGE YOUR -blam!-ING CLASS. STFU[/spoiler] Problem fixed. Game becomes challenging again. Pro tip: works for guns too. Pro pro tip: coming from a Titan main Ps. Why the -blam!- do we have to be held hostage to the puny nerd? Serious question.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Will all this in motion could there ever be a more variety in settings for console players? I’m surprised that D2 still hasn’t had more settings to play around with especially for those who aren’t on pc. A port of D2 pc settings to console would let players adjust more the way they play and see the world of D2. Players in console versions can adjust PoV to see the world and their surroundings much more clearer. Adjusting aim assist, reticles, and aiming sensitivity to have a more efficient and sharper way to eliminate enemies, button layouts to give the player a more comfortable way of playing the game. These settings could better and up the experience of Destiny giving each console player their own unique way of playing .

Posting in language:

• Finishers are eververse Items? lmao. Good thing I pre ordered control and BL3

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                        • Edited by AlphaLion42: 8/13/2019 9:49:42 PM
                          Thank you for Part 1 And the effort and time it took to write that. HONEST FEEDBACK: No particular order here so I’ll start with 1. EVERVERSE: (I mean no disrespect by anything I am stating it’s just me being direct and blunt) The ONLY thing that should’ve been added to “the director” Would be the ability to grab bounties from all over. This will be a huge TIMESAVER and convenience to the majority of players. I’ve never heard of anyone complaining that they have to go to the tower to visit the Eververse. 2. SCOUT RIFLES: Thank you, genuinely. 3. GAMBIT: That’s a tough decision because I actually do enjoy both modes very much. Having more options or GAME MODES , makes players HAPPY and gives them a CHOICE. If there’s any chance of keeping them both, I would do that. We all know a major grief in the crucible at the moment is the lack of ability to choose your game mode, and doing this may piss off a large portion of the gambit crowd. 4. WELL OF RADIANCE: I’m a hunter Main, I don’t have a Warlock, and I’m pretty sure I speak for the Majority when I say, for lack of a better phrase... THIS.....SUCKS. Nerfing in PVE unless truly broken (prometheus lens) should never happen. datto is in the .1% of the community and also a streamer. The majority of us don’t have the contacts, or resources, or time to do what he does. He seems BORED and does not speak for ALL of US. He never mentioned to NERF TITAN BUBBLE in D1....funny how that is. He complains like a baby, and catering to him just enables that behavior. He is NOT the 90% plus people who play the game. Again just being direct, Pardon of this is harsh. 5. TRANSPARENCY: Thank you for taking that step and hopefully we all continue down this road. Much appreciated. 6. THE FUTURE: I think destiny is in a good spot right now and I am definitely interested in seeing how Year 3 turns out. For the last two years you guys of taken quite the amount of criticism and have been very gracious about it. That alone deserves respect. So thank you and everybody at Bungie for the patience of dealing with a “Hostile” group at times. Lol To be honest I had took some time off in January because I was annoyed at some things, I came back last month and I’ve been having a great time. I play on PS4 and for the most part and play solo, and I think a lot of the changes have been excellent and fun. Edit: spelling Edit2: about Datto, This is my opinion and as I stated it is not intended to be harsh I’m just being direct. Please keep the conversation mature if possible lol. Thank you.

Posting in language:

51 Replies
                          • Hey everyone, let’s just blame streamers because that’s just so easy and obviously not wrong in any way! Being part of a mob is fun because I don’t need to think at all.

Posting in language:

23 Replies
                            • Bungie, you guys are to be applauded for being prepared to share your views with the community as Luke just did but you still don't get it. The major problem with D2 is a static and stale loot system, it simply does not evolve. You say you think Menagerie is fantastic, and, for the first couple of weeks, you were right. But it gets old real quick. Once you've gotten your god roll weapons there's nothing to play for. Even in Heroic menagerie once you get the sword why do it again? You're just repeating the EP experience, once you got the armor and three guns, why return? After you brought back random rolls and perks logic should have dictated that you introduce that into EP, so people could farm for a different shottie etc But you didn't. By the same token, you should have a rotating loot system for menagerie. Why not introduce a menagerie auto rifle, scout rifle, rocket launcher etc. Then you could could also include a Uriel's gift, Positive Outlook, Manannan, etc as part of the farmable loot pile. Imagine how many people would return then. My friends have been farming more for a different roll of Dust Rock or Erentil than they have for actual menagerie weapons. It's ironic that, as part of the pre-launch advertising for D2, the narrative you gave Cayde was spot on, when he was doing the inspirational speech to the troops he said it was all about the loot. It's a shame you've forgotten about that.

Posting in language:

• Edited by sonicBOOM5431: 8/14/2019 1:31:37 AM
                              To all the people pointing out datto for the well of radiance discussion, notice when he published that video (about 2 weeks ago for all you lazy people). Now, if you read the director's cut and actually process what Luke is saying, you would realize that their thoughts on well of radiance were established WAYYYY before datto ever made a video on it. Datto just happens to share the same point of view as them and made a video on it (because contrary to popular belief, opinions are allowed). The entire reckoning activity was designed around how stupid powerful well of radiance is, so much to the point that they broke their own designer rules in order to make the activity. Thats actually a problem. They actually had to manually change the game in ways they shouldn't due to players having one specific tool. That is not good game design and shouldn't be requires to happen, but well of radiance in the state its been in requires it. The season of the drifter launched months ago. Again, let's look at the date of dattos video. Check and mate

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • More challenging = more pandering to the elitist neckbeards that want Destiny to be Dark Souls, and forgetting to about the vast majority of the player base.

Posting in language:

4 5 6 7 8 9 10
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon