Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/13/2019 5:13:11 PM
dmg04

Director's Cut: Part 1

English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

i couldn’t read all that sry , its to much.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • If anyone had any doubts about the future of this franchise, they should read this "Wall of Text". It just explains why and what in a great way. I can now understand why all my D1 friends have up on D2 and won't come back for D3.

Posting in language:

• I dont get what anybody expected. Its the same Luke. Its the same company. The same useless communitcation efforts. Hell, bungie using same old weapons and selling it back. Same mechanics, same monsters. Same bad ideas like gambit , gambit prime or whatever. We are doing the same f thing since forever. Which oddly SHOULD not be that bad if the the repetition was accompanied by whatever in game impacting kick ass gear or awesome cosmetic that made our guardians look awesome. But no, its the same waste of gear that gets obsolete as time passes with nerfs that nobody calls for in order to make the encounters maybe more challenging? Again, in order to justify poor mechanics. Honestly, im playing again because now i dont need buy ps plus. But it amazes me how can bungie keep its own game in this eternal same mistakes and how the community doesnt realizes that nothing is going to change. I have nothing agaisnt mtx as long as they are not in a fking 60 dolar game which forces you to also buy lame ass expansions to even be able to get old guns back i mean what the fck man. I tried warframe. Its a wonderful game, ofcourse it has its flaws, and i had no problem spending money with micro transactions. Buying stuff that looked cool.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • If you are going to kill well of radiance at least buff the initial aoe slam on activation to be able to kill guardians reliably in pvp.

Posting in language:

• Sound like a lot of excuses too me . Like a child explaining how 1 first grade is to hard .

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Edited by ghostx78x: 8/14/2019 9:43:31 PM
          I wish he would explain more about how the game is going to become more challenging or like an rpg. I like the ideas but it scares my older brother. I go for flawless raids- he has never done a raid. 2 types of players but we both enjoy Destiny.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DownyKitten: 8/14/2019 9:38:02 PM
          That microtransactions are responsible for Outbreak Prime is a line of bs. You were already working on this "concurrently" when we bought the annual pass. If you cant figure out how to budget the hundreds of millions of dollars the global community has forked over without depending on microtransactions from the most hated aspect of the game, then you're fired. In no way should you be leaning on this to make ends meet. Be honest: microtransactions paid for your Rolls-Royce and nothing else. Your employees are getting burned out? Really? Are they getting payed to do software development? Dont you dare, Luke Smith, use this as an excuse to provide an even worse level of service. Theyre adults, who signed up to do a job, for money, to serve up entertainment to distract millions from lives FAR duller or crappier than yours. Welcome to adulthood. Suck it up, buttercup! The "Directors Cut" is a case study of mismanagement in the gaming industry. How does one blow an opportunity to be successful, given the best product on the market - like <insert directors cut 1,2, &3>.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • There’s no pity party for Bungie Devs based on what’s been turned out from the studio since Forsaken. Luke can try all he wants to sugar coat the shortcomings with regards to creative development this past year. Do better Bungie.

Posting in language:

• How about designing activities where bosses actually move around the arena. Static bosses and throwing orbs at each other is lazy.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
              Dark Raven 2501
              Dark Raven 2501

Who are you to judge me? - 9/16/2019 10:01:07 AM

As crazy as it might sound I think that Luke might be on to something maybe if you guys when back to dlc instead of annual passes it might reduce the stress on the development team but as a side note there needs to be less focus on endgame content and competitive play and more focus on other parts of the game that have been neglected like open world/patrol along with strike missions and last start bring back all the good things back from the first game and not the garbage

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Character progression is ok but I've been doing that for five years or so... can we get some game progress? The queen and drifter scenes was a great start but then just ceased and put us in game limbo doing the same rince n repeat without any sense of accomplishment... Few basic ideas that many have probably already had ...have Ana bray convince Rasputin to use Siva to help us (so many paths with that story line) at the least fix the exodus black ship with improvements so we can go galactic or at a grander scale rebuild the golden age Have us take over the cabal ship in the EDZ ...maybe have it as a clan ship that we can work on ...new updates could be enemy worlds we use said ship to create a forward base. If not the cabal ship the dreadnought around Saturn or the leviathon gifted by calus for jumping through hoops yr1 D2 Have the taveller awaken and do something..... anything 😂

Posting in language:

• Ya, this sheds some light on what has been going on. Kinda sad they decided to create an activity around a single class/exotic/ability just to make the encounter harder. Personally, I think all activities should be doable by any class without the need of a very specific exotic/weapon/god roll. Maybe I am just a filthy casual but did he say that zero hour is soloable? I play on hunter and I do not have the patience to do pinnacle weapons for crucible nor the skill to even get my glory rank up. With the time limit on zero hour and the lack of match making option I just left that pursuit as uncompleted and probably never will finish it. I have around 8 pursuits just sitting in my pursuits tab because of this lack of option. About gambit, I don't like any of them. I would tweak classic gambit by not having any invading, that is just my own personal issue with the game mode. I just hate how Bungie makes a decent amount of weapons that makes the player feel powerful for pve but then have to nerf it for pvp, then they turn around and say "oh we made the players too weak". I won't be purchasing the shadow keep dlc until after it comes out and some more information and changes have been made to Destiny 2 overall.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • They need to focus on quality of experience vs quantity of experiences. From day one D2 has had a problem with the quality of the experiences available to players in game. They introduce Lost Sectors and Adventures, yet fail to make those two pieces of content meaningful beyond check off items for bounties or quests. The incorporate strikes into the game, yet remove the basic incentive for doing them(strike specific loot), rendering the whole playlist more or less useless beyond... ...check off items for bounties and quests. Seasonally they introduce new pinnacle activities and gear. Yet create virtually no synergy between the seasons other than the obligatory power boost from simply playing the game. Season after season they fail to address the core complaint in regards to activities(time spent vs quality of reward) and consistently(stubbornly) adhere to their own internal design philosophy, while generally turning a blind eye to community feedback in regards to core systems. Why do people STILL run EP? Even though the gear is not updated. Even though it is hit or miss in regards to getting enough rando's to complete? Because to many, they feel the REWARDS are worth the time spent. The activity is engaging enough to keep them coming back. And most importantly there is a CLEAR path to completion. This held true for the Forges, and for the most part Menagerie. He talks a lot about Reckoning and Season of the Drifter and it is abundantly clear why it didn't work as intended. The reward structure was too stingy and convoluted, with the usefulness of the actual rewards being questionable at best. Quality vs quantity. Moving forward, if we can do it in game, EVERY activity. From public events to the latest seasonal offering should have a UNIQUE reward associated with that activity. No, we don't need exotic drops from pub events. But they should be THE source for farming up planetary materials. Supplemented by chests and resource nodes and patrols. So if I want to spend an hour farming up 1000 dusk shards, I can do that by running around doing PE's. And then materials can be relied on more heavily, with steeper costs for upgrades, enhancements etc. Lost sectors? Should have always been the source for planetary gear. Gear that should have been refreshed in Forsaken. Hunting for Uriels Gift? It comes from Lost Sector X. Even better, the chances for gear should have been determined by LS specific challenges. Same goes for adventures(chance at masterwork gear maybe?) During a given season, these activities would also be sources(as they are now) for that seasons rank up/grind currency. Keeping everything relevant at all times. When the event is over, the currency is retired, and the progress associated with the collection ends(again, much like it is now). But EVERYTHING would be adjusted in a meaningful way during a seasonal change. This would eliminate the need to saturate the game with too many side activities that require players to choose between their normal grind, the seasonal specific one. Again, in some ways the game works like this now, but there could be a bit more synergy. Always ask WHY would a player do X? If there is no good reason other than it progresses a bounty/quest, then that activity is redundant. Everything should work in conjunction as opposed to being in competition for our time. Quests and pinnacle end game content should be where we pick and choose. Not between farming up enough resources to upgrade gear and running the latest activity. I rand Menagerie a total of 2 times. I think it is ridiculously fun. But I would really like to finish some gambit pinnacle quests. So what have I been doing? I play gambit, even though menagerie is this seasons main event. So while I have a nearly upgraded chalice, tons of runes, and I like the activity. It is unlikely that I will actually get anything meaningful from it this season. Why am I doing Gambit pinnacle items now as opposed to last season? Because last season I was trying to do a variety of other quests and activities that kept me from progressing in Gambit. And if Menagerie is still available in Shadowkeep, then it will keep me from the next big thing. It always feels like a game of catch up, no matter how much I play. And it just needs to be more connected. Obviously there needs to be core elements associated with the seasonal specific activity. But the REALLY grindy parts? Imagine if instead of 1500 grenade launcher kills in strikes. You needed 500 from strikes and another 1k from Gambit, Crucible, Forges, Menagerie, etc. So no matter what you were doing you would make progress. Apply that to all non crucible pinnacle gear. I say no crucible because I think there should be some separation between that gear and the rest. I like the idea of PvP only based items, just like Raid only, dungeon only, etc. So I am not asking that we be able to cheese our way through every lengthy quest or bounty. Just want a bit more inter-connectivity for the really tedious parts. Make the game feel more cohesive. Have requirements based on the weekly flash point. Have world enemies specific to a seasonal activity, that dropped seasonal unique items or consumables. Do this and you have a continuous supply of content that does not require coming up with new mechanics every 4 months. Lock down what is seasonal vs perpetual. Lock down what is additive vs what is time limited. And make it more consistent. A season is: Crucible map, strike or strike modification, new quest chain, new gear. That's it. Exotic quests, secrets, dungeons, etc. Those things could be released as they become ready(if they become ready), but as seasoning, not part of the main course. Sigh, so many things, but I think that is enough of a rant for now...

Posting in language:

• Edited by Organic Machine: 8/15/2019 12:49:58 PM
                  Thank you for the long post of info. I appreciate it. I have a long, honest response. I will also ask a question that I have asked here multiple times and never gotten any sort of official response on. I like the fact that this is all being communicated to us, so kudos to that, but I am not exactly hopeful of what I have read so far. Not exclusively so, but I’m more worried than hopeful. When Luke said that the game will always have to straddle the line of action and RPG, I just think you’re setting yourself up for failure in a way. In a way where you’ll ALWAYS be in a tight spot with issues, and in a way that will always mean isolating large portions of the player base. One of the major things that has always bothered me about this game, and still does, is the rigidity. Nearly everything of significance is activity specific, and it’s spread across the entire experience. I think that’s a problem, and here’s why. The game is VASTLY different from one activity to the next. The game goes from a solo-able story campaign, to public squares that both have activities that can be done solo to ones that require other players, to required matchmade activities, to PvP, to PvE/PvP blend, to super challenging activities with no matchmaking that are comparable to synchronized swimming. It’s all over the place. Which COULD be great, but I don’t think currently is because it’s either do ALL these vastly different things, or miss out on gear. In a loot based game, heavily restricting access to loot is not a good thing. I feel like I have to to jump back and forth between football, solitaire, ping pong, golf, baseball, pinball, synchronized swimming.... How many people actually enjoy all those very different things enough to regularly play them all? I think it’s an unrealistic expectation that does NOT consider how and why many people play video games in the first place. NO game can be everything to everyone, and it feels like Destiny is trying to do that. I appreciate the aesthetic of themed gear, I really do, but the source of gear is something that I have always thought was a problem. Per what I stated above, it’s SO restricting. I don’t like the feeling of logging into a game with the thought “what do I HAVE to do today” and would prefer to think “what do I WANT to do today.” And obviously I don’t HAVE to do anything, but if a player tries to only play the things they legitimately enjoy, they only have half a game. THAT’s how vastly different the activities in DESTINY are. I think Destiny would benefit IMMENSELY from multiple paths of progression/acquisition in a way that caters to players being able to play the type of activities they like the most. I think Destiny would benefit IMMENSELY from either/or options. I think Destiny would benefit IMMENSELY from alternate versions of certain activities where the amount of rewards is balanced by challenge and time invested. For example: raids. Raids are like nothing else in the game. If there was a matchmade version of raids that was similar to The Menagerie, but with checkpoints and the ability to fail an encounter, where players acquired A SINGLE piece of raid gear each week, and it was designed in a way where the player either does that version or the full version each week, not both. Not everyone, and based on participation and completion numbers, likes the sychnonized swimming, timed, trail and error mechanics. I’d raid with all three characters, every week, if I actually enjoyed it. With all that being said, I know I don’t speak for all, but I’d prefer to spend the majority of my post story time in the open world as opposed to closed fireteam activities that don’t ever change.. Question time: I’ve asked this multiple times here and never gotten any sort of official response. Why don’t you lean on your open worlds more? Is there a technical reason? Do you just not want to? Is it not possible to have level scaled versions of them? I ask because I really think they could be used to alleviate things like the tedium of doing the same exact activities that never change, overall rigidity of pursuit steps, etc. I think they could really be used to give players more options. They could be overhauled in a way that has them being used as a means to infuse the game with variance which would alleviate a lot of the community strife. Edit: The positives of Pt1. Accessing Eververse from orbit, changing the pursuits tab(separating bounties from pursuits), making more activities like Escalation Protocol and The Menagerie. Edit 2: As usual, people seem to think that I’m asking for raids to be watered down. And as usual, I am not. I’m asking for an ADDITIONAL, ALTERNATE version that rewards SIGNIFICANTLY LESS rewards each week that can be done in place of the full version. It’s an either/or option. If anyone actually reads this, thank you. While not necessary, any comments would be appreciated.

Posting in language:

37 Replies
                  • Trying a little more of that "open communication" that got sales up for you guys a year ago with Forsaken? You guys are far more transparent than you think you are. (Or you guys have soured me so much with the history of lies and deceit in the past that I just assume everything is smoke up our ass at this point) The real visionaries who knew what this game was left a long time ago and Bungie has been feeling their way around in the dark ever since. Maybe you should suck it up and hire Staten as a consultant to get some insight.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Edited by spankingCane: 8/14/2019 9:06:19 PM
                      🤪

Posting in language:

• Edited by DOCTORWHOLEGACY: 8/14/2019 12:22:41 PM
                      My feedback on Gambit, prime and menargerie. I love Gambit more than Prime. Ud have thought playing 2 or 3 rounds so often would make u bored but for me it doesnt. I think its the best. Gambit Prime is boring and one mode i def avoid doing unless theres a quest step. I just hate it. I dont find it exciting at all. Its weaker competition to what gambit is. Menargerie is great to a point. I love Escalation Protocol and to be honest i still prefer that to Menargerie. I dont do raids anymore as not able to so menargerie is a great substitute. Dont like the fact the Heroic is not Matchmaking. That kinda sits on the Raid players for me. I dont like the Tribute Hall as it is. Cause am unable to get the ones i want. Like Mara sov. She shouldve been on Dreaming City triumph instead of getting it from raid. I wish ud block my Tribute hall as i wont ever go in it and wish i had a refund of everything i put in. Black Armory is decent. Only forge i find boring is the EDZ down Sunken Lake area as i find it looks boring and dreary. The Reckoning is okay but not great. Its not as enjoyable to do over and over. Quest missions been great although Redrix broadsword step of having to do 25 of each of quickplay, rumble and competitive is exhausting and draining and still doing it. I wish u put the valor reset step ahead of it as already done it. I wish 1 thousand voices was able to get from any loot chest in last wish.then i could use the wall of wishes to get a chest Bring Heroic Strikes back. People speed through more in D2 than in D1. Make Scored Nightfalls matchmaking. Make public events a tad harder.

Posting in language:

• I should have stuck to my guns. When D2 was first released I said I would never buy anything from Bungie again as long as Luke was in charge. Then I succumbed to the hype around Forsaken. I did enjoy Forsaken for a little bit, but then came reality. The past year has proven my point and my original sentiment. This new info from Luke is more of the same. I simply cannot spend more money on Bungie related material until Luke is no longer in charge. Because, ultimately, I know his only goal is to find ways to force me to throw money at my screen.

Posting in language:

• I for sure won't be buying the next dlc after this. Pun intended here.... You just can't leave well enough alone can you? Glad the furniture in my house doesn't get rearranged every few months. Glad my real life guns always perform the same since new. Forest for the trees folks...smh

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • I am happy that the very cool eververse gear of the present/past will soon be an ornament that will cover some not so favorable looking new gear we'll get in ShadowKeep. My only hope is that we get some very cool looking new gear in ShadowKeep, that comes from the game not from a store. That is what I call balance. I know not every set can be a home run, but it should be. I also hope that this sets a precedence for a way to bring the old favorites up to the current state of things by the way of ornaments. Much like our character creations that we made back in the beginning of all things. It'd be nice to carry a set of armor all the way through as well. Especially when you have a great well thought out build that is already masterworked.

Posting in language:

• I just realised how well this wall of text sums up Bungie. I don't mean the subtext of 'we are clueless as to how to handle this game, but will push MTs even more'. No, I'm referring to the large amounts of typos, missing words, etc. In other words, a typical lack of quality control. Most other companies would be embarrassed to put out such an error-strewn communication. From a former journalist no less! Sure, compared to the state of D2 it's a minor issue...albeit one that speaks volumes.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • I giggled reading this like 20 times. I feel for the devs, I really do, but the leads put them in this predicament, not players. You can't say making dlcs and annual passes are hard when you Luke and leads are the ones making the shit. It makes absolutely no sense, YOU are hard objectives these timelines these expectations...from what I see, because the communities concerns for damn sure ain't making the cut. YOU guys decided to go the live serviced route not know what you were getting yourselves into instead of sticking to what you know works. Time and time again I see players telling what works, and you ignore it, and turn around talking about datto like he means jack shit to most of us. Get the -blam!- on with that shit. Let the devs tell you what they can do in how much time they will need to do it, communicate with the community that plan, and ask what we think about something before it goes live or is even in development. And you'd have something. This "We and datto know what you need" shit killed the game for most of us. Luke, and ap-blam!-ingparently datto knows what the -blam!- is best for the game. Not the forums. So why is there a feedback sections? Wtf are we doing here?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Can't wait for the next parts where more obvious problems are ignored and the focus is on things no one cares about. Classic Bungle.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Risky Man: 8/14/2019 6:41:44 PM
                            [b]Powerful Sources[/b] i still think the issues is that power means too much in destiny. Especially early on in a Season. We're told we need to max light in the first 2 weeks if we want to raid/do pinnacle activities. [b]Highlander [/b] Prime most definitely. Could use some tweaks. Maybe an invader cool down, Buff to Sentry is definitely needed (mark invaders on sight not on hit). [b] Reckoning [/b] STOMP STOMP STOMP. [b]Buffs and Nerfs,[/b] i will say i dont like being pigeon holed into a specific build ala Whisper. personally though i would have made whisper a "precision kill returns 1 bullet" exotic. [b]Questlog [/b]- Muscle memory everytime. plus finding a specific quest can be a little annoying going through each tab. Does seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. [b]Eververse[/b], have y'all thought about bundles/ or "battle Passes". now i dont play Fort-nite but what i would envision is a pass that would add items to the loot pool or ornaments that can be unlocked through use of an item. prices to vary [b]Menagerie is sweet [/b] but you know what is really sweet? Armor perks that are specific to Menagerie/gambit and season of Opulence/Drifter. i believe that's a good foundation to build off of. Give players something to build each season, a load out that is specific to a season. [b]things left unsaid, [/b] would def like to hear about things left untouched. Strikes, Patrols, Adventures. reusing adventures as story missions in a season/quest is getting a bit old. Could some time be used to make them unique?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • This radio silence is deafening

Posting in language:

• “We’ve been moving away from Dlc” No, you have moved towards dlc with a season pass that introduces a game mode and little content to keep naive fans grinding

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon