Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/13/2019 5:13:11 PM
dmg04

Director's Cut: Part 1

English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Wow. Can't even get myself to read it in its entirety. Much smarter people than I will tear this apart as it should be. You truly asked for it Larry. You must understand what the words integrity, accountability, and respect mean before you start attempting to make the case that we should feel sorry for you and Bungie. That somehow you really care when your actions say otherwise. And mentioning Halo only highlights the fall from grace this company has conducted itself into.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • What a load of dribble

Posting in language:

• Need FAR more info on armour 2.0 and mods. For example, is it confirmed things like ‘enhanced hand cannon targeting’ will only drop from raids? Or can I get it from other non-fireteam activities? That’s the sort of detailed information I need before I’ll consider buying shadowkeep.

Posting in language:

• Just keep the game fun please, don’t go all out dark souls and frustration. Keep it fun.

Posting in language:

• I purchased Destiny, I didn't subscribe. Y'all seem to assume that everyone owns everything you sell day 1 and consumes the content as if their lives depend on it. If Destiny can't grow infinitely then stop selling it infinitely. I expect to be able to play what I paid for, not that it will be replaced by something else from an Annual Pass. I can play Borderlands right now, and everything I paid for is still in the game for me to enjoy. Either by myself, with friends, or matchmaking with randoms. After reading Luke Smith's ramblings, he clearly doesn't understand what I & my friends once enjoyed about Destiny. Bungie left us behind years ago. You cater to "influencers" and those completely addicted to your product. I can't even call it a game. It's a drug. 9/13 will be here soon, thank goodness. I can get Shadowkeep for $5 in a few months. Just like the Annual Pass and all your other DLC that loses its value almost overnight.

Posting in language:

22 Replies
      • „We want a Questlog with great tracking that can help players prioritize what to do next. Oh, and this fall, bounties will be separated from quests and [b]PC players can assign a hot key that takes them directly to the Pursuits menu.„[/b] PS4 Players can use Touch pad/Touch pad button. Press the touch pad to use the touch pad button to open menu.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Rogueseiferv2: 8/14/2019 2:33:54 PM
        Imagine being David Samuel getting excited for all this cool powerful stuff you’ve created just to watch it get nerfed to oblivion because datto doesn’t like it To clarify, David Samuel is the guy in vidocs that is happy as hell and excited about new things. So much so they’ll bungie made an emote of his gestures This guy is one of many I believe enjoys their work and are incredibly proud to create the content we have Content that continues to get nerfed for the sake of keeping someone like datto happy Rip buddy Edit: there are actually people downvoting this post about a guy that gets that excited for his work bungie made an emote of him

Posting in language:

63 Replies
        • I absolutely appreciate this level of communication. Thanks!

Posting in language:

• For all of you bashing Bungie. Let's see you do better. Let's see your experience working on a live game. Lets see you be leaders. You think you know better so, prove it. Their people. They can only do and go so far. Think about them first then yourself. Things can be done and said in a respectful manner too. I don't why you all forget that this is a team of people not robots. Start caring about others instead of yourself.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by VanillaGorilla: 8/14/2019 11:34:54 PM
            I bet if we were to look at any other mmo forum, we'd find the same type of complaints over microtransactions

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Yea it's starting to feel like shadowkeep should be called streamerskeep

Posting in language:

• Instead of lamenting where you went wrong, maybe just fix Reckoning Tier 3 because it is god damn ridiculous to just be stomped off the bridge and lose all that progress time and time again. It’s broken and asinine that you just shrug your -blam!-ing shoulders and say “Oops, my bad”.

Posting in language:

• LMAO you ban me for a week for "disruption" because I said you should pay more attention to the feedback in your forums instead of your favorite streamers?? This is why your studio is a JOKE and why no publisher wants anything to do with you guys.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
              • Edited by ShAnK311: 8/15/2019 1:50:51 AM
                Feedback: -Not sure why one Gambit has to go, but if that's what's happening, keep regular Gambit, but maybe add the armor roles to it, and make acquiring the armor more deterministic. I am fine with both though, because I can play regular Gambit solo and still do okay. Prime seems like it is for people with friends, and all my friends (and I, as well) play much less frequently than before. -Break "containers" out of the Quest inventory - talking about the Mote Synthesizer, Chalice, Dawning Oven 2018, and probably more as we go - and make them their own section of the Pursuits screen. They need to be isolated as their own item type, wherever they end up, especially if more of these come out as D2 continues. -Eververse does not need to go to the Director. Tower Bounties need to be accessible from the Director though. I am fine with going to the tower to turn in rep or claim powerful rewards at the end of a play session, but accessing Tower bounties from orbit would be a huge QoL improvement.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Edited by ThisFuknGurl: 8/14/2019 4:27:25 AM
                  With all do respect this first DC showed how disconnected Luke is to the community. There are a lot of guardians who love bungie and want nothing but the best for the game and the amazing people working on it, but It doesn't feel like we are getting any of that love back for the most part. This game is bigger than Luke, bigger than datto, but It feels like those are the only things that matter. I feel for the devs. And i'm sorry they have to put up with toxic players. I love the work they are doing, but their leaders aren't making the right calls, their leaders aren't directly engaging the community, and It feels like they don't play the game from the right perspectives which is a massive problem. This game has changed, not for better, but for the worse. Most if not everything destiny 2 is right now feel like it goes directly against all of the player feedback that you guys have been taking for years now. That's not to say none of our feedback has been taken into consideration. Datto doesn't speak for the community, YouTube, streamers don't speak for us, yet most of the changes feel like they are made for them. I want to dig into what Luke wrote, but these comments in this post cover it really well. Hope Cozmo and Dmg don't have to read it alone because these comments players are making are directed at the leaders, not them.

Posting in language:

33 Replies
                  • I like how the ViDoc or whatever it is showcased the people working on the game but yet they did absolutely ZERO work like the rest of us have to do to upgrade our armor. Yeah sure they are the developers but -blam!-ing really? The let’s assume you’ve gotten your legendary set. -blam!- you, You grind that shit out like the rest of us and see how you like it. It must be nice being able to just spawn in whatever they want just to show off instead of playing the game THEY MADE.

Posting in language:

• I think Eververve was Activision's idea, but the way they are implemented is left up to Bungie. Activision was the publisher not the developer. Every company these days have some type of microtransactions because why not. It is free money. How can you turn that down. I understand all that, but what I don't like is the way it is being implemented in your game. I get it, its your game, but you should value the money we already paid for Destiny 2. Which you didn't do that fgood of a job making. Just my 2 cent.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • Excellent explanation. I for one appreciate the time you took to share this. We consume your team's hard work ravenously and most of us don't appreciate the long days/nights, the deadlines, the financial stress and the ambition that goes into a production like this. If we like the content, then we need to respect the process even if we don' t understand the technical aspects. As for praise, let me just say that I've played Destiny almost to the exclusion of everything else, since D 1 issued. Take care of crew. Build it and we'll come.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • Bungie forums: We WanT tRanSpaReNcy! YoU gUyS bArelY giVe iNsiGht oN yoUr ActIons! Bungie releases directors cut Bungie forums: ThiS sOunDs LiKe a BuNcH of ExCuSEs!

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • This kind of communication is outstanding . Bungie is absolutely knocking it out of the park as a independent studio. I'm very excited for the future of Destiny and Bungie.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • Fantastic as always, so tired of the community on here doing nothing about complaining instead of appreciating all that you offer us in your game already. I'm super excited for shadowkeep and the continuing story. The only thing that would make me more happy is continued voice acting for guardians. As for the community members that do nothing but complain and troll get over it? The game will be what it is, if you don't like it move on. :3

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • Luke Smith after part 3 comes out: https://youtu.be/S7Iq6lOSoPM

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • As they say, no good deed goes unpunished. What a forum. Anyways, send my thanks to Mr. Smith. No other game developer does this and I appreciate the transparency.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                • One stop using content creators as source of change. Two nothing mention about crucible issues mainly Comp. Three STOP HATING ON WARLOCKS LIKE GODDAMN. Everytime yall nerf us and we go a different route yall just keep nerfing us. We cant jump so let us be.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                  • Only of bungie would have continued on the destiny 1 formula, instead of just winging with destiny 2

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                      i couldn’t read all that sry , its to much.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                      1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon