JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Hadriel: 8/15/2019 6:25:22 PM

Lets talk about Eververse changes... Can we have nice things outside of Eververse too?

Eververse has never really bothered me until this season and the solstice started. It's understating it that complaining about glow prices and price inconsistencies would be beating a dead horse (Datto already covered that bit here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLnIyxGkH0E&feature=youtu.be ). Aside from the wildly inconsistent pricing, I'd like to address the issue of exclusivity created by hiding certain items behind the paywall. Placing awesome items behind a paywall is obviously nothing new (neither is complaining about them...). Putting lots of cool things behind that paywall (Unique sparrows, ships, ornaments, etc. all only obtainable via loads of bright dust or silver) is kind of lame but understandable. Placing so many nice things behind a paywall when there is very little equivalent in the game world that you can earn via gam eplay is the hot button here. The problem I see here is that there are barely in game equivalents that you can only get solely by playing (or at least very few versions of such). It would be really nice if more ships, shaders, ornaments, etc were tied to triumphs or generally in game activities. As of now, most triumphs give you more triumph score and some count toward a seal or two. That's nice and all but triumph scores are becoming more inconsequential as time moves forward. Why can't these also be tied to in game loot on the level of Eververse quality exotic cosmetics?(see the black armory ship) Even if the cosmetics at Eververse are left intact to preserve exclusivity, adding a variety of different cosmetics exclusively tied to in game activity, triumphs, etc. (think raid exotic ships or emotes RNG based) would be very welcome. It's worth noting the above doesn't mean eververse should go away. In fact it should be the exact opposite. I like seeing lots of stuff at eververse to buy. What I don't like is that it seems all this really nice stuff is there, while there's a lot less nice stuff out here. **** It would seem that this very thing has been directly addressed in the Director Cut post from Luke Smith a little while ago. With that said, i'll leave it up because it is feedback to that philosophy i suppose. 8/15 UPDATE - IMO it looks like we were heard! Now i'm not vane enough to believe that this is a direct response to this post but it's nice to believe that "someone" at least read it and decided it was important enough to address is in Part II of the directors cut. [quote]Time-out. Before I go on, I want to interject: It seems like some comments from part I around MTX are being misconstrued. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Maybe it felt too ambiguous. Let me try and clear this up before we get into armor. Destiny has and will continue to have Weapons, Armor, Ghosts, Ships, Sparrows, and Shaders that you can earn from activities to prove to the people looking at your character that you did the thing, whatever that thing is: I beat the Raid a bunch; I earned Iron Banner gear; I played a ton of Crucible; I wanted to gather rain in my shoulder pads so I played Gambit a ton; I made a sweet set of Astroshaman gear at the Rune table; I farmed that Strike for the Mindbender roll that makes people rage; et cetera. Let me be crystal clear: That isn’t changing. What we are doing with the new armor system is saying: Find the perks you want, find the armor look you want, (from the megalist of currently available Destiny 2 armor) and pursue that armor to get the elements/stats you want and combine them to make your Guardian. Destiny also has an MTX store that houses things like Sparrows, Ships, Emotes, Ghost Holograms, Weapon and Universal Ornaments. The items in that store rotate and can be purchased with Silver or Bright Dust. And starting this fall, Bright Dust is just another in-game currency that you can earn by completing Bounties, instead of buying a bunch of engrams and sharding them to generate Dust. In Shadowkeep, there are armor sets, weapons, Ghost, Ships, and Sparrows coming from the destinations and activities. [/quote]

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• "Stop being so needy. We use Eververse funds to pay for future content, that we'll also be charging you for in the form of an annual pass". -Bungie

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

15 Replies
    • Destiny 1 : Woah, awesome ship! Who did you kill for it? Destiny 2 : How much did that ship cost?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        If anything, the directors cut seems to suggest eververse will be getting even worse. I love destiny, but I have a feeling the franchise is going to end up getting ruined by locking all the cool gear being a wallet.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
        • Edited by DLAROC: 8/15/2019 10:57:17 PM
          Eververse is their bread and butter. It's probably half the reason why the workers were over worked this past year. The content was small but Eververse was expanded upon and they brought dozens of new cosmetics every update. And less and less exotics that matter. And no new strikes or PvP maps.. I hope this year will be different but I doubt it. If they're complaining now that this past year was too much, it's only going to get worse. https://www.destructoid.com/bungie-doubles-down-on-destiny-2-s-microtransaction-eververse-even-without-activision-in-the-picture-563741.phtml

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 8/15/2019 1:01:57 AM
          https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/13672/7_Introducing-Eververse-Trading-Company This was what Eververse was created for, it was to help Bungie and the live team, not case them to lack on their job-creating in-game content. Now I get Bungie needs to make money as a company as all do to provide content for us, but when people use Eververse as an excuse on why they need to make money through Tess as they are doing right now and will get worse with Shadow keep? Think about this for a moment. Bungie recently signed a 100 million contract They have their story that makes bank They have Tess in both D1 and D2 The base game, expansions, and now and Annual Pass Then there are things like a $40 Boost pack, Rock star, Refer a friend, etc... Then you have pre-orders that some bundles are up to what, $400 that people do buy and a lot of them for that matter and whatever I missed that I know I've missed a few things when it comes to Bungie selling something. Tell me something knowing Eververse was never a thing with the Halo franchise, somehow the Halo franchise made 5 billion. How did that happen without Eververse?

Posting in language:

14 Replies
          • If you want Destiny to improve, stop buying silver.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • Edited by f3: 8/15/2019 4:52:19 AM
              Destiny was supposed to be about building a character that you’d take through Bungie’s 10 year journey, up [b]those mountains over there[/b]™ and [i]To The Stars[/i] or whatever. A large part of that vision was the armor. Having cosmetics like that tied to micro-transactions seriously undermines that concept of character building.

Posting in language:

• Bungie's definently just trying to tap into that fortnite market strategy by making the base game free for everyone and gauging you for 20$ armor skins which I'm sure we will start seeing a lot more of all of a sudden in shadowkeep and it will be said that is because "we've been asking for them"

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Edited by Nuke: 8/15/2019 7:56:06 AM
                Just the whisper ornaments were enough to fund zero hour... Who even bought those crappy ornaments? Compare that to the rate of silver eververse is going with now ...im expecting at least 5 zero hour type quests per year.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • For casual players of an RPG-esque game especially, cosmetics are a sort "endgame" in themselves. I don't raid nor do any PvP, so when I hit light level cap for a season, I've got no reason to keep playing. There's nothing else out there in the game to go after other than "god rolls", which won't make much difference at all in the type of gameplay I do where the hardest content I play is the occasional nightfall. However, if there were things like weapon ornaments, sparrows, ships, or ghosts behind more things such as strike bosses or particular areas/tasks on a planet, I'd have much more reason to keep playing for the sake of collecting things. If they insist on all cosmetic items being from eververse only, then they should consider raising the returns of bright dust given by dismantles from bright engrams, as well as increasing returns on eververse bounties. It takes a month worth of farming engrams just to afford one item sometimes, and that's only if you're lucky enough to have enough dust to buy it when it's available for the week: otherwise you are never getting it again. 100 dust per engram, on average, is nothing. 20 dust per bounty(which you are limited to via bounty notes) doesn't even add-up. If the returns from bright engrams felt fair, then perhaps I would find more reason to log in and keep playing, but grinding XP for hours only to get ~100 or so dust is just abysmal, therefor there's little incentive to even bother. Another thing is the rotation of the dust portion of the shop is, frankly, annoying. Why not have everything for the season that is available for dust always present, replaced when the season ends with stuff from the new one? It's often a big kick in the teeth when you grind your rear off for dust, only to realize the next week's items for sale aren't anything you really want; equally so, it really sucks when you don't have enough dust for something on sale, and haven't any realistic chance to afford it in time.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Edited by GMDeece7: 8/14/2019 2:11:07 PM
                    It’s already finalized. Eververse’s new system is staying on destiny. All event engrams will pretty much be rehashed of gear from the previous seasons. Shadowkeep’s reward engram will either be A. Black armory/season 1 of forsaken B. The year 1 gear that DIDN’T appear this season (this is far more likely). Their plan is simple. Lock new, cosmetically appealing items behind a paywall. Bring in ways substantially lower the bright dust on players before shadowkeep, like the tribute hall. Players that use all their bright dust will be greatly tempted to buy silver from them when they run out of bright dust. Shadowkeep comes around. New items encourage buying EVEN MORE silver. This is their plan to get funding now that all funding from activision is about to be cut. People can continue to try their best to complain on the forums. But this system, from what the recent post said on this website, is planned to continue. They have squashed all hope of changing this. The only chance this has to change is unfortunately, with a boycott. But this is like beating on a dead horse. Plenty of people will continue to buy silver, funding their game, making the boycott completely null. It’s over. The war was lost before it began. Eververse is here to stay. This is their new system. It’s impossible to stop this now. This is how coin of fate has landed against us.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I was just checking my collections, I have almost every ship and sparrow from seasons 1-6 then damn near nothing from season 7... interesting

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Edited by The_MEKster: 8/13/2019 10:31:50 PM
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ "Cosmetic items like universal ornaments, weapon ornaments, shaders, ships, sparrows, emotes, and finishers typically come from the store (There are exceptions, but generally speaking, that's how we think about this)." -Luke Smith [u]This is not how WE think about this![/u]

Posting in language:

• Edited by Kanashimi510: 8/13/2019 7:18:54 PM
                        [quote]We want to believe that our players would rather just buy things they like from the store.[/quote] I'm trying not to take this out of context, and I'm trying to understand all that was said, but this quote kind of stood out as a "wtf!?" moment in the director's cut news update. So, they "want to believe" that the players would rather buy items than unlock them through gameplay, like progression, loot drops, and eververse engrams? 😐

Posting in language:

34 Replies
                        • Everyone asked for direct purchase, now we got it. But now we don't have an engram to earn stuff (even tho it was a lootbox).

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • This eververse become realy unfair....there are people who cant pay for all stuff so y not to let players a chance to get it from lvl up engrams? The lack of choice to get new stuff whithout money grab should be in the game as well the chance to buy.

Posting in language:

• not a paywall when you can play to get it

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • There is nothing in eververse that players need. I wish people would just stop complaining about Tess and acting like it's the end of the world. What's done is done and there are far worse games with mtx than destiny. I don't really support it and I am not against it, but the whining is just getting ridiculous. So what if you don't get the new stuff from free engrams. So what if you have to earn bright dust from activities. You will survive.....

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                              • Tl;Dr response [spoiler]No, cuz EvErVeRse is iMpoRtant tO SuStaIn suCh a GamE oF ThIs MagnituDE dUh buNgie seD So and So dID cOOl foRum gUY whY TotALLy IsnT tryING tO juSTifY hIS baD Use oF MoNEY[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Agree 100%. Eververse is geting increasingly manipulative as time goes on. More things springing up on the store while things that were previously able to be earned in game are now locked behind a pay wall. I hope bungie sorts their shit out before they release shadowkeep. This aggressive monetisation has no place in a full price game, with paid expansions AND a season pass. Eververse had been ok for the most part and fairly non intrusive untill recently.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Eververse has never really bothered me until this season and the solstice started. It's understating it that complaining about glow prices and price inconsistencies would be beating a dead horse (Datto already covered that bit here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLnIyxGkH0E&feature=youtu.be ). Aside from the wildly inconsistent pricing, I'd like to address the issue of exclusivity created by hiding certain items behind the paywall. Placing awesome items behind a paywall is obviously nothing new (neither is complaining about them...). Putting lots of cool things behind that paywall (Unique sparrows, ships, ornaments, etc. all only obtainable via loads of bright dust or silver) is kind of lame but understandable. Placing so many nice things behind a paywall when there is very little equivalent in the game world that you can earn via gam eplay is the hot button here. The problem I see here is that there are barely in game equivalents that you can only get solely by playing (or at least very few versions of such). It would be really nice if more ships, shaders, ornaments, etc were tied to triumphs or generally in game activities. As of now, most triumphs give you more triumph score and some count toward a seal or two. That's nice and all but triumph scores are becoming more inconsequential as time moves forward. Why can't these also be tied to in game loot on the level of Eververse quality exotic cosmetics?(see the black armory ship) Even if the cosmetics at Eververse are left intact to preserve exclusivity, adding a variety of different cosmetics exclusively tied to in game activity, triumphs, etc. (think raid exotic ships or emotes RNG based) would be very welcome. It's worth noting the above doesn't mean eververse should go away. In fact it should be the exact opposite. I like seeing lots of stuff at eververse to buy. What I don't like is that it seems all this really nice stuff is there, while there's a lot less nice stuff out here. **** It would seem that this very thing has been directly addressed in the Director Cut post from Luke Smith a little while ago. With that said, i'll leave it up because it is feedback to that philosophy i suppose.[/quote] I wanna light Eververse of fire and throw her off the Tower and put all her Items in Strikes, Raids, Nightfalls etc. MTX have no place in a Paid Game with Paid DLC. “But it’s only Cosmetic!!” Yeah, so was the Hayabusa and the Recon Armor in Halo 3 yet, I was able to get them without paying extra bucks for it on top of the $50 Base Game and the $20-$30 bucks I spent on the DLC. If Bungie can’t make their Bill payments, pay their Employees etc. with the Game and the DLC alone, then they are not doing wise with their money. Cause Digital Extremes does just fine with MTX alone to support Warframe. CD Project Red had no MTX for the Witcher Series and they are using that revenue they got from the Game and the DLC without MTX and they are fully funding Cyberpunk 2077 with it. And DE and CD Project Red are both self publishing Developers. If these companies can make their bill payments and pay their employees without MTX, Bungie can also. But cause of greed blinding them, they don’t see that it’s possible anymore.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                                • So the directors cut p1 is basically bungie admitting what we already Know about just how little they learned despite D1 and ensuring us that eververse is going to get so much worse than it has before. Lovely

Posting in language:

• I'll just leave this here to explain away some of the possible reasons behind why some things are done the way they are (no equivalent "cool loot" for free in the game). https://youtu.be/xNjI03CGkb4

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                                  • The problem I have is there isn't stuff to do and collect now and they are going to take engrams away and make us pay for it! What the hell is the point of playing this game if you can't get anything for playing it now! That's Right there is no reason!

Posting in language:

• I've been saying that for years now. What's the point of grinding, when all the good stuff is behind a paywall?!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                    • Honestly just add back the seasonal engrams and put new stuff in them or what i would want is add every eververse thing created in d2 to said engram including this seasons and remove duplicates so we can get whatever or something like that

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                    ;
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon
                                    preload icon