JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
8/13/2019 4:29:56 AM

Dedicated servers!!!

That’s it, it’s all I ask for!!!!! I’m tired of rubber banding players. Especially in comp! I have perfect connection in everything else in the game except in Comp!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• You want a company that takes months sometimes more to fix simple issues to be responsible for maintaining servers? This would be a disaster. And why is it people think there are no issues with servers?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • OR prevent win trading and network manipulation some other way.

Posting in language:

• You can still rubber band and lag with dedicated servers.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • is everyone that naive to believe that dedicated servers won't necessarily help? you can have dedicated servers but if ANY of the players in your match has internet connection issues you'll still have the same problem? lol

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Edited by IamMadBro: 8/13/2019 11:56:50 AM
          Never going to happen. Bungie is to uptight with their money plus they wouldnt have the slightest clue how to keep them running

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            Talonia_
            Talonia_

if I see you it's too late - old

Increase FOV that’s all I want.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I’d like ping limits in so when someone goes from the 50-250 range let’s say to the 500+ range then they get removed from the match.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Not with bungies stingy ass

Posting in language:

• Pay for it then. Just like how people pay for eververse items, [b][i]you[/i][/b] can pay for dedicated servers.

Posting in language:

24 Replies
                • OMFG yes! It's 2019 Bungie FFS you cheap -blam!-. Why are we still putting up with P2P connections? Dedicated servers and you could implement SBMM without a connection drawback and solve 2 massive problems with this game.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • Your not getting it. EVER. If it involves any financial outlay or even effort, YOUR NOT GETTING IT!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Bungie is too proud of their shitty hybrid system that doesn’t work for pvp or gambit and is too greedy to ever add dedicated servers. I would love for them to prove me wrong.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • [quote]That’s it, it’s all I ask for!!!!! I’m tired of rubber banding players. Especially in comp! I have perfect connection in everything else in the game except in Comp![/quote] Yeah this game really needs them. And Laggers should be punished not rewarded

Posting in language:

• It’s like your rewarded for having bad connection kind of

Posting in language:

• I haven’t had my super register damage since Sunday night. Cool stuff Bb not doing damage arcstaff not doing damage but making the sound that it’s connecting etc.

Posting in language:

• There's no rubber banding on dedicated servers? Boy, do I have a bridge to sell you...

Posting in language:

• [quote][b]The privacy flaw A fundamental flaw of any peer-to-peer network model is that it reveals your IP address to every player you meet in PvE or PvP. When we have a look at the connections Destiny 2 established in one of my 4v4 Crucible matches, we can see three Bungie servers located in the USA, one Limelight Server located in the UK, one Blizzard Server located in the UK and the other seven players located in France, Germany and Turkey. Peer-to-peer IPs By revealing the IP address of these players, the game makes it very easy to find out the country and city/town where they live. So, I can then block or throttle the traffic between my client and theirs, or I could launch a DDOS attack to affect their online experience—something streamers have to deal with on a regular basis, and has resulted in persistent problems with the relatively high stakes PvP mode Trials of the Nine. Bungie issued a swathe of two-week bans to DDOSers recently, but the attacks keep coming. Security and hacking "Never trust the client" is a saying you'll hear often from developers who work on multiplayer games. When you let the client take care of sensitive tasks like hit registration, then this makes it a lot harder to protect your game from hacks. Bungie faces this problem with the peer-to-peer network model in Destiny 2. To shield the game from hacks on PC, Bungie is preventing applications from injecting code into the game. The downside of this measure is that this also blocks any and all applications that provide an in-game overlay like MSI Afterburner, RTSS or Discord. It also blocks apps used for streaming or gameplay recording like DxTory, and OBS when you try to use the game capture mode. Despite these efforts, which harm legitimate players, hacks still exist for Destiny 2.[/b][/quote]

Posting in language:

• Funny how games like fortnite and apex legends have dedicated servers. Even lesser known games with smaller fan bases have them. Yet, bungie won't invest in it. People will say it's too expensive, people will fortnite and apex has a huge following. Well, destiny has a million players, playing daily. There is probably 4-8 million players playing per month. Bungie has made enough money off the franchise to put dedicated servers in pvp. If apex can, with no promotion at all, coming out the gate, day one, with everyone downloading the game and playing it day one and it wasn't a big ordeal. I really don't see why bungie cant do this fo r the player base.

Posting in language:

• [quote][b]Bungie’s response to cheaters plaguing Destiny 2 with DDOS attacks has angered the game’s community, with the relatively light punishments reportedly being handed out to those playing unfairly in the Trials of the Nine raising the ire of its players. Destiny‘s PvP suffered from similar issues in the original game, with its Trials of Osiris competitive mode being the target of cheaters using DDOS attacks to cause opponents to lag out of their matches, thus granting them an automatic victory. Destiny 2‘s DDOS attacks have seen cheaters taking advantage of its lack of dedicated servers, making use of its peer-to-peer connecting by finding out their rivals’ IP addresses and flooding their connection with packets of useless data, forcing them to be booted off the game. Also: Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris Expansion Gets Release Date at Paris Games Week 2017 While this would be irritating in and of itself, many players are reporting that those who embark upon these DDOS attacks aren’t being punished enough by Bungie. On the Destiny 2 Reddit page, one of the top posts calls Bungie’s response to DDOS attacks “completely unacceptable.” Read the post below: “By giving DDOSers a temporary ban and letting them keep the rewards to boot, you are tacitly allowing people to DDOS others. They know your official stance is that they won’t be banned, not even the second time they do it. Not only should you not allow cheating, which is honestly odd that we have to tell you that in the first place, but DDOSing is illegal is most western countries. You should seek to sue the people involved in it. Any stance other than ‘We do not allow DDOS strategies in our game’ is completely unacceptable. A ban of two weeks is not enough. You ‘banned’ every player for two weeks because of one of your own mistakes. You therefor admit it is an extremely lenient punishment. Start getting into action.” Read more at https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/355113-bungies-response-destiny-2s-ddos-attacks-angered-community#DxBoatXfphJg1fWZ.99[/b][/quote]

Posting in language:

• This games pvp is literally the definition of a dumpster fire.... That will Never change. Either quit or accept that. I've done Both

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • This is a wasted argument. If the logistics and cost of dedicated servers were too much when Activision was around, I highly doubt it's suddenly an option now. It would be great...but don't hold your breath.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Get Stadia. Dedicated servers aren’t much better. Could even be worse if you live far away from their servers.

Posting in language:

• Dedicated servers will probably never happen. The player base is not big enough to justify the cost. Other large scale games have deals cut with with major internet backbones and Destiny is just not big enough to have a contract like that. They can do the best they can, but it will never be up to the caliber of other major titles like COD and WOW. It all comes down to money.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                            • [quote][b]Dedicated servers will be offered for all Xbox One games, Microsoft has announced. Dedicated servers for the Xbox One versions of Call of Duty: Ghosts and Titanfall were previously confirmed. Senior Xbox director Albert Penello shared the news on Twitter, simply stating "yes" when asked if the Xbox Live Compute resources include dedicated servers for all Xbox One games. The Xbox Live Compute service is a means to allow creators to utilize scalable, cloud-based computing resources that Microsoft manages within its regional datacenters. This is meant to extend the technical limitations of what is traditionally possible through the finite resources of one console. Writing on the Xbox Wire, Microsoft said not only will dedicated servers allow for a greater number of gamers to play together at once, but players will also notice a generally more stable experience. "With server-based multiplayer gaming, not only can more players play the game (think hundreds of players simultaneously), the gameplay will be much more reliable for the players," Microsoft said. "No more host migration interruptions, suboptimal experiences for the host, home network NAT constraints, or player cheating." In addition to dedicated servers, Xbox Live Compute will allow developers to offload computations like world management, rendering, controls, network, lighting, physics, and AI to the cloud. This will, according to Microsoft, allow developers to create higher fidelity worlds with "deeply intelligent" NPC AI. Xbox Live Compute will also allow for games to be dynamically updated. An example provided was the ability for new maps and game modes to be added without requiring players stop to download an update. Check out the full Xbox Wire post for more on Xbox Live Compute.[/b][/quote]

Posting in language:

• With D2 going Free to Play, we're either gonna see a lot of things get pushed behind Microtransactions or we're gonna start seeing Advertisements on loading screens. That's the only way Bungie will get Dedicated Servers for their game.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                              • I think that's why they removed Trials. Too many people DDOSing and people getting angry over this game. So they rather instead of getting so much hate, they removed a beloved game mode.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon