JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Azlan - viii: 8/13/2019 12:10:18 AM

Would you grind for weapon ornaments if there was a specific way to get them? Up vote if so.

Could be good info for bungie to consider.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Depends on the difficulty, entertainment, and looks of the ornament. I won't be doing 100 Strike and 50 games of gambit to get a single Ornament. But something like get 1000 kills with (Insert Exotic) to get its ornament. That actually sounds rewarding AND you can brag about how good you are with it or whatever.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • Edited by Snafu Gundam: 8/15/2019 6:17:10 AM
      Nope. Weapon skins are just worthless extras. Nice to get for free thru Bright Engrams and Bright Dust, but overall do nothing. I care more for getting good guns than dumb cosmetics. Besides you already have specific ways to get them. Thru free Bright Engrams or buying them with Bright Dust.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Nah, I prefer rng tbh

Posting in language:

• There is a specific way. 1) Go "grind" some money at a job. 2) Give the money to Bungie. That's all they have an interest in doing.

Posting in language:

• Depends on the grind. Solstice level of grind... F U C K NO!!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Legend of Acrius has an ornament that you get from the quest. Would like to see more like that. ;u;

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • You mean other than grinding bright dust?

Posting in language:

• Of course

Posting in language:

• Hell yes. Id grind for everything they throw at me if it looks cool and i like it. They should make more ornament like Acrius which is a reward from the prestige completion

Posting in language:

• Edited by kaznachei: 8/14/2019 3:08:51 PM
            Well, you actualy can grind for ornaments too. Bright dust is earnable in the game and they plan to change how this works. hope it will be better

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Nope

Posting in language:

Considering this came before the Director's cut was released... This is [b][i]priceless[/i][/b]. Please read: "[b]Season of Opulence, Part II: The Evolving Eververse[/b]" from the "cut" to better understand the following in it. [quote]"The storefront, which we launched alongside Season of Opulence is the first part of the strategic shift we're making with MTX. The decision to run old content in Bright Engrams instead of making new Bright Engrams is another part of the shift. We want to believe that our players would rather just buy things they like from the store."[/quote] [quote]"We're giving it some Class specific content, so if you're on your Titan looking for Titan Universal Ornaments with smaller shoulders, you'll see Titan armor on one of the store's subpages."[/quote] I'm not even going to speculate on the above... I'll give them (Bungie) time to further explain. Love the new pet name for "micro" transactions. Common sense aside, there's nothing to fault them for the next quote. This is a solid. [quote]"We're also going to make it so that the pieces you've already acquired from a given set reduce the Silver price of the set. For instance, if you are 3/5 Optimacy set on your Titan, the cost to finish the set in Silver will be reduced by 60%."[/quote] Now for the biggie! [quote]" We have made deliberate choices related to cosmetic items and not having them come from gameplay. Gameplay rewards are where you get items, power, mods, perk combinations, stats, triumphs, and titles. The aesthetics for armor blurs the line some – we want players to get cool armor from activities and the world that feel thematic to where they were acquired. Cosmetic items like universal ornaments, weapon ornaments, shaders, ships, sparrows, emotes, and finishers typically come from the store (There are exceptions, but generally speaking, that's how we think about this).  We are continuing to try and separate capability/gameplay from vanity. Armor 2.0 and Universal Ornaments are big parts of this separation. This is also why Finisher perks are mods that can be socketed into equipment, so that their aesthetic can stand alone. "[/quote] So suck it up butter cup and pony up the silver, the acrius ornament, the raid emote, omelette sparrow etc. were a fluke.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Yes for sure

Posting in language:

• I think we could closed this thread. Luke Smith already stated that he want players to buy cosmetics in Tess shop. That's it. Bungie style.=)

Posting in language:

• Getting a ghost shell or sparrow horn as a nightfall reward was awesome in D1. Oh wait...no it wasn't.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • I want a mod that explodes confetti upon landing a head shot kill and a baby laughing or a "yeay" and when I die it goes off too.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Complete a catalyst, get an ornament. Or you can buy them from xûr

Posting in language:

• You mean like menagrie?

Posting in language:

• Whatever you ask doesn’t matter, bungie is broke, they need more than $200mln only to make it through the financial year, and that’s not even repaying publisher rights in full. Why do you think all star employees left for competition but Luke Smith didn’t get any offer??? No one at this level excepts to live on a salary!!

Posting in language:

• If they had REASONABLE requirements yes. For example Spare rations ornament. "Get 100 precision kills on enemies in Gambit to unlock this ornament"

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • If it goes back to destiny 1 style where we just have to farm a boss then yes.

Posting in language:

• I wouldn't mind if ornaments were tied to getting kills to unlock. Get 1000 kills with x weapon and get an ornament. 1000 headshots. I get some stuff being locked behind eververse, I wouldn't really care if it was a 50/50 split. Some behind eververse and some behind challenges.

Posting in language:

• No More Grinding. Leave it upto Eververse RNG though the medallion. 250 Bright Dust is too much though. Should be 50 each Max.

Posting in language:

• Only if the ornament enhanced the weapon,but I don't know though.

Posting in language:

• They have that for legend of acrius but yes I agree you should be able to grind for ornaments

Posting in language:

• Maybe.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon