Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by KING ROMULUS4th: 8/10/2019 10:57:09 PM

Buff auto rifles

Buff damage in pve by 15%

Buff damage in pve by 25%

Increase range by 20%

Increase range by 30%

In my personal opinion I’d like a buff for damage in pve. What do you all think? Edit: https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/253145234/0/0/1. Underrated post about the state of auto rifles.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Get you an age old bond or halfdan-d. They are the antipode/recluse of auto rifle with a good roll and very viable even in comp. Not saying that others need love..there are viable options. The valakadyn is probably your best short to mid range auto.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

4 Replies
    • Autos are meant to be a support weapon..... They do not need to be as hard hitting as other weapons. If you want that then the mag size needs to be drastically reduced

Posting in language:

12 Replies
      • Gonna take the road less traveled and say they need a magazine boost, maybe 50% larger magazine. Besides that, slightly better target acquisition/bullet magnetism. They deal great damage, but between recoil causing missed shots and seemingly good shots still counting as body shots, they struggle to eliminate enemies in a timely fashion during pve and pvp alike. Better magazine would make up for their low dps on stronger enemies, and allow for more trash to be killed before reload. It also allows for effective suppressive fire and/or prefiring in pvp. Better accuracy would be to make it more common to reach peak ttk.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • If autos ever get a buff which they do need a buff breakneck will be a beast

Posting in language:

• BUFF SCOUT RIFLES

Posting in language:

• It’s funny. My son has been grinding the Dreaming City to acquire a Re-Told Tale as it’s the only weapon he hasn’t had drop yet and all he is getting is the Tigerspite (or Abide the Return). He immediately dismantled them before even looking at the role (He has a Outlaw, Kill-Clip w/range MW already). He played yesterday and tried a completely random load-out and finally used it with the 17 Calvin sidearm. Surprisingly, he dropped 42 kills with them. No heavy, only a couple of super kills. His Tigerspite wrecked people. It was pretty funny. The state of use for autos in the Crucible aside from the Suros, is pretty slim.

Posting in language:

• Use Suros and Git Gud, baby rifles will never be buffed, this isn’t COD

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • PvE? I thought they needed it much more in PvP. That's where they feel weak to me.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • auto rifles wont be buffed cuz break neck would run supreme and your comp community would cry and cry and cry and cry

Posting in language:

10 Replies
              • I don't want it to be so OP that everyone starts using them. However, I'd like to be able to kill a basic yellow bar enemy (not a powerful one, the one step above red bars) with a single clip. At this point, I've loved the auto from Day 1, but I can't use it anymore if I want to keep up.

Posting in language:

• Edited by FattGods: 8/9/2019 1:18:23 PM
                Is it just me or has anyone noticed a big increase in random load outs lately? I've been seeing smgs (that aren't recluse), auto rifles, and trace rifles all over the place lately. It even made me pull out a well rolled Halfdan-D. It's actually not bad. After a couple games I infused it to 750 and even masterworked it lol.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                • So you want a 25% buff to autos? Done, here's a 0.04% buff like you asked.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Yep auto rifles are not fun in pve right now at all trying to kill yellow guys is especially stupid I’d rather any other gun really it’s a shame tho always felt like auto rifles should be the ultimate gun for mid range combat but I honestly feel like I’m always reloading before anything is dead 😂

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Agreed. Breakneck is an absolute pain in the arse to get right now because auto rifles are water guns

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • Bump

Posting in language:

• PvE damage: Increase by 25%. PvP damage: Increase by 8%. SUROS Regime: Instead of 5% buff for entire lower half of magazine, do something more similar to the way it worked in D1. Last round should have at least a 40% buff (it was about 55 in D1, I think).

Posting in language:

• Change the Sweet business to take special ammo and buff it's damage to be like Trace Rifles. It would separate itself from the Suros Regime and be able to introduce some diversity to the kinetic special weapons. Also, it would make sense as a kinetic "Trace Rifle". Maybe give it extra damage against non shielded enemies as well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Edited by DuBChiri2: 8/10/2019 10:22:52 PM
                          I made a post about auto rifles. Please give it a look as it took me...1 whole hour to write. Not including the 30+ minutes of fixing it or calculations XD. https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/253145177

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • I don’t have the topic handy but a guy posted on the forms an in-game test of the primary archetypes. He wrote out his math and what he did to get his numbers. When doing body shots in range of each weapon type he posted a comprehensive dps list. 1 Bows Technically equal in dps as high end SAs and SMGs (if you can make the shots). Wish Ender out classed everything tho. 2 SAs no matter the roll they all were fairly consistent at a high dps rate. 3 SMGs while recluse (and a few others) were higher than SAs, the bulk of SMGs were lower. 4 HCs like SAs were fairly consistent. They bridge the rather large discrepancy between 1-2-3 and 5-6 being the middle ground. What made them shine was that at range they still out dps ARs, some Pulses, but only some SAs. Their falloff isn’t that big in small places like PvP. Where as SMGs and SAs still have a falloff. 5 ARs were also fairly consistent and only 5-10% ish lower than most HCs. But more consistent on overall DPS. 6 Pulse ARs and HCs were near the same dos output as a whole. Blast furnace topped the list doing more than the ARs. Where pulses excelled where headshots which would place them more at spot 4. 7 Scouts.... they were at the bottom of dps by a solid 15% ish. Even with headshots at range all ARs, all Pulses, all HC (especially HCs), out performed scouts in ALL aspects. He tested all at 730. Scouts were the bottom at 28k, bows (wish Ender) at 54k. This is DPS over time. Not a quick draw. PvP smg will beat a bow any day. Pulse 34k, AR 34k, HC 42, smg 53, SA 49 (again SA is across the board, where as smg is 43-53ish) He did not test outbreak, snipers or shot guns and only did primary if memory serves. So he missed some guns, but as a whole he got consistent numbers.

Posting in language:

• NO! they are good as is.

Posting in language:

• Buffing the damage by anything over 5% would be unrealistic. You're talking about making auto rifles stronger than SMG's at close range.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • Why just pve? Auto rifles don’t exist on pvp either

Posting in language:

• In short, Auto Rifles need a buff in both PvE and PvP seriously

Posting in language:

• Auto rifles need a buff in pve and pvp.

Posting in language:

32 Replies
                              • See it’s not a simply matter of buffing the damage or range, it’s a matter of TTK. The only reason they are not good, is because pulses and hand canons can 3 shot kill you. Increasing the damage would simply make the game state the same. making other weapons weak and people asking for buffs, While auto rifles reign supreme. People would still be getting killed almost instantly. (Heavy and special are a huge cause of this, but that’s for another time.) And making the damage the same as other weapons via range increase or damage, would make the most sense. But even then the game would be even more of a “I shoot you first I win” game than it already is. The only remedy I can see for this is to make classes more distinct with far more options for characters . the game needs more MMO in it. So that way while it still won’t be 100% balanced at least people will actually be able to use what they want and play how they want, with out being crippled by not using the meta weapons.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Agreed https://youtu.be/LITcZCgJsnk

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon