JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

7/21/2019 6:02:33 AM
If you still keep getting your ass handed to you after Pichu’s recent nerf, then as you humans say: [spoiler]You simply need to “git gud.”[/spoiler]
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

If you watched the video, you would know that Pichu is still top tier. The nerf did little to nothing to impact its viability. It made it go from the straight up best in the to top 5.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by The Dragon: 7/21/2019 4:20:32 PM
    [quote]If you watched the video, you would know that Pichu is still top tier. The nerf did little to nothing to impact its viability. It made it go from the straight up best in the to top 5.[/quote] Heaven forbid there are top tier characters... But it’s more about how good the player is, less so with the characters themselves.

Posting in language:

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

Pichu can still zero to death. The only other characters that can are Ice Climbers and Peach/Daisy, but Ice Climbers requires extremely precise desyncing combos and Peach/Daisy require knowledge of aerial float canceling. With Pichu all you have to do are spam aerials to just drag opponents off the stage. The nerfs didn’t change that at all. They just made it so f tilt kills slightly later. Watch the video. Both of them also have decently large hitboxes. Pichu’s is tiny. A lot of short hop aerials miss it, especially if it crouches, which takes away a lot of characters’ approach options and combo starters. The only character I can consistently start short hop combos against a grounded Pichu with is Shulk because the range of his aerials is very disjointed. That’s partially why I main him. If you really don’t think Pichu is still broken then you 1)Didn’t bother watching the video 2)Have never played an actually competent Pichu and 3)Know very little about the smash meta and are just trolling while pretending to know something (r/iamverysmart). It’s the pokemon thing all over again. One of my friends mains Pichu. Got to Elite Smash with him. I can only ever beat his Pichu with Chrom (can almost match it’s speed on the ground and ko it in 3 attacks) and Shulk (disjointed aerial range). In all other matchups we’re even. Even he agrees Pichu is broken and needs a nerf.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Pichu can still zero to death. The only other characters that can are Ice Climbers and Peach/Daisy, but Ice Climbers requires extremely precise desyncing combos and Peach/Daisy require knowledge of aerial float canceling. With Pichu all you have to do are spam aerials to just drag opponents off the stage. The nerfs didn’t change that at all. They just made it so f tilt kills slightly later. Watch the video. Both of them also have decently large hitboxes. Pichu’s is tiny. A lot of short hop aerials miss it, especially if it crouches, which takes away a lot of characters’ approach options and combo starters. The only character I can consistently start short hop combos against a grounded Pichu with is Shulk because the range of his aerials is very disjointed. That’s partially why I main him. If you really don’t think Pichu is still broken then you 1)Didn’t bother watching the video 2)Have never played an actually competent Pichu and 3)Know very little about the smash meta and are just trolling while pretending to know something (r/iamverysmart). It’s the pokemon thing all over again. One of my friends mains Pichu. Got to Elite Smash with him. I can only ever beat his Pichu with Chrom (can almost match it’s speed on the ground and ko it in 3 attacks) and Shulk (disjointed aerial range). In all other matchups we’re even. Even he agrees Pichu is broken and needs a nerf.[/quote] *Laughs in Counter*

Posting in language:

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

Yeah. Counter does work. Both Shulk and Chrom have Counters, which help me in that matchup. Doesn’t change the fact that Pichu is broken because a lot of the cast doesn’t have counters

Posting in language:

• Edited by The Dragon: 7/21/2019 10:48:54 PM
    [quote]Yeah. Counter does work. Both Shulk and Chrom have Counters, which help me in that matchup. Doesn’t change the fact that Pichu is broken because a lot of the cast doesn’t have counters[/quote] A lot of the cast doesn’t have reflector shields. A lot of the cast don’t have charge shots. A lot of the cast don’t have long range melees. A lot of the cast aren’t heavyweights. Just adapt. Practice with other characters you aren’t used to.

Posting in language:

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

Pichu has a positive matchup against the entire cast. It wouldn’t be mentioned in the video if it wasn’t broken. But you wouldn’t know because you didn’t even bother watching it

Posting in language:

• [quote]Pichu has a positive matchup against the entire cast. It wouldn’t be mentioned in the video if it wasn’t broken. But you wouldn’t know because you didn’t even bother watching it[/quote] You keep factoring the skill of the players out of this...

Posting in language:

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

In a match of two people of equal skill with one playing Pichu and the other playing almost anyone other member of the cast, the Pichu player would win because it’s better than a majority of the cast. Yes, skill affects matchups, but in high level play where most people are around the same skill level what characters they’re using has a rather large affect on the match.

Posting in language:

• [quote]In a match of two people of equal skill with one playing Pichu and the other playing almost anyone other member of the cast, the Pichu player would win because it’s better than a majority of the cast. Yes, skill affects matchups, but in high level play where most people are around the same skill level what characters they’re using has a rather large affect on the match.[/quote] Except that the last 9 tournaments, Pichu players weren’t even close to placing top 10. In fact, Pichu hardly even placed at all. What high level players were you talking about? Why weren’t there more Pichu users that placed above all the others? Or perhaps, like I said before the skill of the player matters more...

Posting in language:

Epicperon
    Epicperon

Cramorant - old

The best smash player in the world says Pichu is still high tier. Every tier list I’ve seen puts it at top tier or high tier. And it’s my personal opinion that Pichu is annoying to play against. I think it needs a nerf. Look, this argument is going nowhere. I’m not going to change your mind and you’re not going to change mine. Let’s just agree to disagree.

Posting in language:

• [quote]The best smash player in the world says Pichu is still high tier. Every tier list I’ve seen puts it at top tier or high tier. And it’s my personal opinion that Pichu is annoying to play against. I think it needs a nerf. Look, this argument is going nowhere. I’m not going to change your mind and you’re not going to change mine. Let’s just agree to disagree.[/quote] There’s nothing wrong with Pichu being top tear. Pichu is only annoying to you because you aren’t adapting. Pichu needs no nerf. Your complaining needs a nerf.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon