JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Bring back factions
7/19/2019 6:23:29 PM
dmg04

Hey all, thank you for the continued feedback on this! (I've posted this line a few times today, so go ahead and roast me for the copy pasta...) We've been getting feedback on the absence of Factions/Faction Rallies since they went on hiatus last year. While I can't make any promises on if or when they'd return, I'd like to ask some questions here to help prioritize the feedback points that we've been collecting. 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not Thanks, -dmg
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? Picking a side, having an extra source of aesthetics 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? Being locked to a faction Lack of scoring in game for rallies 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not I miss the Destiny 1 ranks and also the activities. I don’t necessarily care if it’s a race, but it’s cool to have a side. The biggest disappointment with closed Destiny content is it remaining in game as a disjointed legacy. If you add something it should be in game for good. Don’t be a giver taker, it’s does more harm than good.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• *Cracks Fingers* - i know this will not be read by you, but it is worth a go. Hey all, thank you for the continued feedback on this! (I've posted this line a few times today, so go ahead and roast me for the copy pasta...) No Problem - at least we are getting feedback - thank you We've been getting feedback on the absence of Factions/Faction Rallies since they went on hiatus last year. While I can't make any promises on if or when they'd return, I'd like to ask some questions here to help prioritize the feedback points that we've been collecting. Thank you - we are waiting and listening as well. ANSWERS: 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? - an additional source of loot via the token / vendor ranking system. - a guaranteed source of an exotic item or Catalyst for an exotic weapon. 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? - lack of any narrative, or even a seasonal narrative to give us motive to join that specific faction. - factions were used as an extension of content where they were actually suppose to be a part of the initial content. - the balance between faction rewards pertaining to exotics etc. - you were almost always going for a certain faction because they gave you X's catalyst. - each faction should be able to give you a catalyst yes. But for all 3 weapons, just requires different missions. 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not. - factions can be used to aid the gameplay in so many ways (faction buff if 50% of your team belongs to the same faction?) - lost sectors were fine, they were easy. - I would like to see a faction specific mission type / story type similar to the Zero Hour mission where you get to explore different areas of the game that you previously did not have access to, and only certain factions can access certain areas - as your faction leader gave you a map to X's location. - buff your character in certain faction zones by wearing faction gear and using faction weapons. (see it as a menagerie type of grind) Faction Exclusive Exotics Weapons - per Character. Dead Orbit : - Trace-beam Orbital Activated Strike Team. (TOAST) Unique Trace Rifle that can Mark a target or area for an orbital strike. the longer you hold the fire button the bigger the strike gets. War Cult : - Time Lord. Unique Grenade Launcher that can time Freeze enemies in position. has a 3 round Magazine. - you can fire 3 rounds or hold X to switch to one large round with a Huge area of effect. New Monarchy: - Eye of the Executioner. Unique Sniper Rifle that can enrage enemies upon a successful hit. 4 rounds in the magazine - 1 charge shot for powerful enemies, 4 shots for normal enemies. - Enrage has an AOE that when 1 enemy is hit and killed it enrages the enemies around them causing them to attack each other.

Posting in language:

• That's funny... I was just thinking about an 'Enrage' type of weapon yesterday. But, it would infect the enemies with a Siva strain, sit back and watch the show! lol Good Idea!!!

Posting in language:

• I think Factions should be tied with SRL, pick a faction and you race for that faction. Make sure that all factions have same number of racers. Faction with most points and end of event gets a faction sparrow. Each race would have 2 racers from each faction.

Posting in language:

• Great idea here. Bring back the D1 faction system, they're always there, function like they used to. But do a faction rally every month or two and offer special rewards for it. Special rewards could be something like Exotic faction class items. Special armor. A special curated weapon. Sparrows, ghosts, and ships.

Posting in language:

• Your idea is dope

Posting in language:

• I am glad. I hated them.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Hey all, thank you for the continued feedback on this! (I've posted this line a few times today, so go ahead and roast me for the copy pasta...) We've been getting feedback on the absence of Factions/Faction Rallies since they went on hiatus last year. While I can't make any promises on if or when they'd return, I'd like to ask some questions here to help prioritize the feedback points that we've been collecting. 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not Thanks, -dmg[/quote] Well factions need a role to play in their own way when it comes to loot,activities,bounties etc. Instead of having the faction rallys come and go. I reccommend having the faction leaders become actual vendors and have reputation gains for whenever a faction rally isn't active. And whenever a rally is active that's when the factions get their high end loot available for their loyal followers. I'd love to see *different* NOT *variants* of weapons and armor. The weapons and armor for each Faction needs the gear to show distinct design for the all of the factions. For example,don't give us an origin story and glue a freaking Red Monarchy sticker on it and say that it's a different weapon. When it clearly isn't,just the same gun with a sticker on it . Just something to throw out there. Thanks for reading. Have a nice day everyone.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Corrick II: 7/21/2019 6:15:41 AM
    Factions need to have a greater role both narratively and practically. Right now pledging your allegiance to a faction doesn’t mean much beyond what recycled armor and weapons you can earn. It’s probably asking a lot but it would be nice if our Faction participation had some meaningful affect on the world. Like factions having a clearly defined presence in patrol zones based on the percentage of participants in that area (the dominant faction spawns “outposts” that could grant ammo or limited resources, or a buff for rewards or XP if you’re in a zone your faction controls), [i]something[/i] to make it feel like Factions actually matter. Otherwise all Factions are good for are old gear and shaders and... well, that’s pretty much it.

Posting in language:

• It would be nice to have faction weapons again and some new faction catalysts.

Posting in language:

• Just please make factions permanent like in D1, with exotic class item quests!!

Posting in language:

• Faction bounties could give you tokens to trade in for loot, just like the crucible and vanguard tokens work.

Posting in language:

• don’t know what was wrong with D1 system of factions. I don’t understand why they don’t want to go back, not everything has to be a huge new idea

Posting in language:

• I honestly liked the faction rallies, minus the lost sector grinding and limited time catalysts that thanks to RL and across account pledging meant I wasnt able to get the one for SB, but the main thing for me was the fact that every month we got like three new guns atleast. You know one from the winning side and the two from the losing side. Dont see why that would be hard to bring back unless it's hard to allow for say a couple of days or a week for people to buy the winning gun with random rolls each time. Other than that it just felt like no other activity was worth doing to grind because even if the rewards are more per completion the time to complete other activities made it so lost sectors were the fastest. Be nice to see maybe a mix of d1 and now where you have constant progress on factions to get the base loot pool and then a rally to bring some new general guns to the pool, even if they are just y1 brought I to y2+ like say the beautiful prophecy hand cannon lol.

Posting in language:

• Just make it like D1. There was no problem with it.

Posting in language:

• yep

Posting in language:

• Don’t forget the enemy faction names

Posting in language:

• I thought factions were done well in destiny 1, constantly there with something to earn at the Pinnacle, progress was a little slow, but it was something you did over time. Faction rally came back twice (or was it three times?) here, and I had time to rank up one faction enough for an exotic catalyst. 2. STOP TRYING TO TIE CATALYSTS TO LIMITED-TIME ONE OFF EVENTS! That's pretty much what set the whole bad juju escapade,

Posting in language:

• Edited by WTHTXJAKE: 7/22/2019 4:19:58 AM
    [quote][/quote]

Posting in language:

• Just please bring factions back somehow. My entire guardian's backstory and character was based around his dedication to the new monarchy (and now fwc) and without the factions, the game just isn't the same for me.

Posting in language:

• I didn’t like repetitiveness of the lost sectors, but I did like that lost sectors got utilized— refreshing parts of the game that become mostly irrelevant at later levels is a great way to make them meaningful in an event. I liked finding those secret scannable that counted toward progress too... the repetition was the problem not rallies themselves. Creating more unique boss fights — similar to the outlaw sectors might be good. But the reason factions need to return is bc it’s a major part of the games lore, and immersive world. Losing those vendors is a bummer too, since some people really loved their gear and seeing a y2 version would be great... honestly there’s no reason not to just make them permanent with random rolls if “rallies” aren’t coming back... it’s a huge empty spot where there shouldn’t be one...

Posting in language:

• JUST BRING BACK FACTIONS LIKE THEY WERE IN DESTINY 1

Posting in language:

• Edited by omegawolf: 7/20/2019 4:01:59 PM
    (insert roasting insult about copy and pastaing)

Posting in language:

• I’m gonna be completely honest. You guys had it perfect during TTK and ROI era of D1. I feel that a lot of us just wish we could rep our faction as we wanted and to get their loot as we wanted. We don’t need them to be powerful just want them to be there for us to earn. We miss being decked out in our favorite looking armor with our factions logo slapped on it. We really miss our exotic class items that we busted our butts for. With trans mats in the game our faction ones would be good to have back. Just my thoughts

Posting in language:

• All I have to say about faction rallies is screw renowned. Don't ever bring that crap back.

Posting in language:

4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon