JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Bring back factions
7/19/2019 6:23:29 PM
dmg04

Hey all, thank you for the continued feedback on this! (I've posted this line a few times today, so go ahead and roast me for the copy pasta...) We've been getting feedback on the absence of Factions/Faction Rallies since they went on hiatus last year. While I can't make any promises on if or when they'd return, I'd like to ask some questions here to help prioritize the feedback points that we've been collecting. 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not Thanks, -dmg
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Loved the unique armour sets! Did not love the fact you could only pledge to one faction. Let us go on a free for all to get all the gear, then pledge to your most liked if a competition between factions is still what you want them to be. Loved it focused on PvE in general. Maybe have quest lines for each faction to explore factions areas?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by KingLycaon00: 7/22/2019 10:41:47 PM
    1. I liked factions in D1, when the vendors were always open, and you could always earn rewards, just by playing. I also liked that you could choose between weapons and armor. My favorite thing was the Exotic Class Items that you had to reach a certain rank for, then do a quest, then you got bonus faction reputation when you were wearing it. 2. I didn't like the Lost Sector grind, the Renown system, and that factions weren't available 24/7(The Renown system could use a rework). 3. I liked the bonus to reputation that faction rallies brought, and I think faction rallies can stay, but 24/7 access to vendors, weapons, armor, and reputation needs brought back. I think a base of the D1 faction system(Always gaining reputation, can claim rewards whenever, and picking armor or weapons) with faction rallies once a month(Bonus reputation, a week of showing off for the winning faction, and time-restricted rewards) would be a great compromise of the two.

Posting in language:

• I don't know what I could say that already hasn't been said, PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD bring back the old system of Factions. The Rallies were fun for the first two days but the community has spoken, we want to old D1 system where Factions have a weekly inventory of weapons and armor with random perks and we pledge our loyalty/flexibility to change side to the Faction of our choice for the entirety of the game, or until War Cult has that god rolled hand cannon that would destroy in the Crucible.

Posting in language:

• Factions were one of my favorite things about D1. Should go back to them being vendors with rotating loot, and bounties to earn reputation. You could still make it so you can only pledge once a season, or month on each character. But you could instill a goal system where the player has to earn a certain amount of reputation with them to earn the pinnacle reward. The lost sector grind was way too tedious and time consuming for your average "casual" player. I would like to see the factions make a return. It's sad to me that those characters do nothing anymore in the tower.

Posting in language:

• The D1 system works perfect, why change some that do works, bring it back, +faction crucible dead orbit vs future war cult guardians progress for some exlusive faction weapons like hush or 21% delirium.

Posting in language:

• Having faction as a permanent thing in the background like in D1 would be a great start. Let us get armor and gear. Wear our class item and build up token/rep like we use to with random rolls and such. Then can have the actual rallies where there is a big prize weapon with a case the losing factions weapons are completely scrapped and gone to give the event some real reason to happen. Real Consequence for not supporting your Faction. (like there was meant to be real consequence for the loyalty quest, still waiting on all the package I'm due. I didn't stop being loyal when the new season started) Having the exotic class item as life exotics, maybe exotic ships, Sparrows and ghost as other rewards for being on the winning faction. The lost sectors was just bad, I don't want to have to run the same loop over and over. I want to just be able to throw on my cape and fly the colours and gain that way with more colour = more rewards for the faction I'm flying the colours for and play what I want to play. You could easily put in states bonus like rat king, if you have people all running a particular factions colours getting a certain boost, with mix and match effect depending on the spread. And even in pvp have it like Dead orbit does more damage against war cult and cult against new and new against dead. And switch reverse it every week or season.

Posting in language:

• Please bring back the vendors permanently with weekly rotating loot like in D1!

Posting in language:

• Bring back venders that stay at the tower like D1 so we can always be able to get bounties from them and collect gear. I’ve always envisioned a mode similar to gambit, but even back in D1 I wanted it. 3 teams of 2 guardians face off against each other while slaying ads and completing an objective. Depending on which faction you pledge to at the beginning of the season you can get a “pledge coin” (patent pending). This guarantees you in a slot on your factions team in the match and guarantees your factions loot at the end of the game. If you use your coin you must purchase a new one, otherwise you’re placed into a random factions team. DO, FWC, and NM can either kill each other or complete objectives to win the match.

Posting in language:

• First New Monarchy Forever 1. Community aspect 2. Little impact on the overall event Having to change faction to get stuff 3. Liked the lost sectors at first but got old fast I would like factions to be Uber Clans within a faction week you would only queue up in strikes, gambit, PvP with your faction mates. Each faction need its own emote likened to floating faction symbol from before, that maybe got bigger if multiple faction members used it together as a group. Participation in activities throughout the week add to each faction’s running tally with specific events each day giving bonus points. The winning faction gets a special emote that only that factions members gets till the next rally. All armor and weapons are the same between the faction expect with different paint job, so you could stay with your faction and not feel you were missing out on loot.

Posting in language:

• While you are at it please for all that is of the light MAKE A VENDOR FOR BARYON BOUGH........

Posting in language:

• 1. Honestly, just having Factions as a semi-static thing in the background that you could work on in conjunction with whatever else you were doing at the moment was nice. An extra little pool of loot that was functionally and cosmetically a little bit different than anything else we had access to. Hung Jury or Palindrome to supplement what we already had going on. 2. I understand the appeal of faction rallies as a monthly event sort of thing, but I hated this aspect of it. In order to ACTUALLY get the things you wanted from a rally, you couldn't just run faction stuff in the background. You had to focus on the faction tokens to actually rank up enough. Similarly, having the contest part of it also didn't feel good.Factions worked best, for me, just being an extra thing on top of whatever else I was doing. Having to put them front and center for a week every month just made it feel like a chore. 3. I liked the Taken King story missions and side quests (Outbound Signal, the No Time To Explain questline) that integrated the factions as part of the overall world. Even having Lakshmi-2, Hideo, or Arach Jalaal narrate some of the patrol mission beacons was a nice thing. Factions were a subordinate function of the game, not a primary focus. They added in the background, they didn't take center stage. You'd see a guardian in full New Monarchy gear every now and then or something like that, and it would add. Having everyone wave their faction flags like it was a sporting event always felt strange to me. It seemed artificial in a way that say, Iron Banner, doesn't. The one week out of the month when everyone would have IB Emblems and be wearing Million Million or Goldspiral shaders felt cool and uniting in a way. Doing the same with faction rally felt like trying to recapture that in a way that just profoundly didn't work for me.

Posting in language:

• 1. I loved the life of it. I loved that it got people on and fighting to give their faction the spotlight in the end. 2. I didn't like how the weapons and armor were exactly the same each time, and i miss the old faction system. 3. Lost Sector grind was actually pretty fun I think if you put cool bosses into them for the rallies that were similar to the spider bounty bosses it could be a lot of fun. Like "Kura'Haviks Bane of the War Cult" for a fallen enemy that is fighting against the warcult and you could have one for each faction on each planet idk what you guys have the resources for but it was a thought i just had. My personal recommendation though... This might get a little wordy. Factions should be a thing always. For you to grind with and get rep for through bounties or passively if you're wearing a class item like you used to be able to. I think what you could do for the rallies is then let the armor and weapons roll Curated Rolls that have perks you wouldn't normally be able to get. Like Curated Gauntlets dropping with Enhanced Hand Cannon Loader during the rally or the Weapons rolling with a perk they normally wouldn't be able to like if the FWC had an omolon Hand Cannon in their stock, it could drop with Outlaw/Dragonfly during the rally. (Just an example) Make 2 or 3 "God Rolls" and have them be there during the rally. I think that could be a really fun way to update the rallies. I also think the winner weapon should be special. Maybe give each faction a real "God Roll" to have for sale if they win. Give it an inherent perk instead of a frame perk and then give it a specifically designed God Roll. Using the example from earlier... FWC's Omolon Hand Cannon. It's Curated Roll is Outlaw Dragonfly. If that's the winner weapon for that Rally, it would have a perk where the frame perk would normally go. So maybe add a perk that's less useful than Rampage but still noticeable like D1's Crowd Control or Army of One. Then make it come with a dragonfly spec mod on it, really just spit balling.

Posting in language:

• D1 Funtionality of all tower vendors and rolls refreshing every week was a cornerstone to our weekly objectives for certain god rolls. Factions were something you pledge to long term instead of crucible tokens you got faction tokens because you were pledged. I feel permanent factions would be ideal with a inventory change every Tuesday. I miss Arach Jalaal looking at me like I was a cheapskate for not spending more materials to up my rank. Plus exotic class items. Overall the whole D1 vendor system would be amazing mixed into what we already have.

Posting in language:

• 1 the things I liked about faction rallies: -They gave players a selection of activities of earning tokens -The catalysts did give the community a REAL GRIND -forced you to choose one faction only 2 Things I disliked about the faction rally -lost sectors were repetitive but fun - The gear wasn't rewarding at all - wasn't all the time. 3 The way Bungie put out faction rally - At first it kinda took away the feeling it gave us in D1. Instead of making it once every 2 or 3 weeks (can't remember) it should be changed back to being able to rank up your faction from doing regular activities, BUT the week after iron banner make it like a double faction tokens. Mean while give each faction new gear, new guns, returning guns with random rolls, bounties, exotic catalysts, ornaments for guns, and even maybe pinnacle faction guns (that doesn't change every season). That will give players more of a incentive to grind on this weeks of faction rally. allowing them to still progress while just playing. It would be nice to add the old or new exotic bonds, cloaks, marks to each faction. Giving us EVEN MORE to grind for. Although you should allow players to choose a new or same faction every time the rally comes back so players can alternate. I loved D1 and I love D2 at this state right now and I think that by doing these things will make the majority of the community happy.

Posting in language:

• Make factions like D1.

Posting in language:

• What I loved about D1 rally was the gear variety each vendor added to the game. I genuinely got excited whenever it came around to see what new rolls each vendor had. In D2 I loved how faction rally refreshed older content like the lost sectors. D2 has a TON of older content that can be updated with new objectives! For example what if the story mission aboard the Almighty became a time trial with cranked up enemy spawn rates with the objective of getting as many kills as possible with enemies dropping solar cores that Dead Orbit uses to power it’s fleet? What if as a show of force, New Monarchy enlists players to run a special Arms Dealer strike with the condition of destroying as many enemy vehicles/ munitions cashes as possible? What if FWC wants players to track down a particular vex mind that happens to be the Minotaur boss from the mercury public event that instead flees into the infinite forest leading players on a wild goose chase through the various forest environments? What if Calus got jealous of all the other factions and set up his own vendor and objectives to vie for our attention? There’s so much potential replay value and faction rally could be the perfect opportunity. Now all that said, I completely admit that I have no idea how big of a task things like this might be from a dev point of view. Anyhow, sorry for writing a novel, and I can’t wait for Shadowkeep!

Posting in language:

• 1. I like how they're factions we interact with and get to know humanity a little more. It's not the usual Taken/Fallen/Vex we always interact with. It can totally be used for introducing more side characters, more side lore and not the usual epic quest to save the universe. I also enjoyed the politics and dynamics between NPC characters. 2. I didn't enjoy that i had to always "gogogo farm" every time they were up, kinda forced me to do the most efficient and acenine tasks so that i don't waste more time than necessary to get these arbitrary goals in time to get everything. I don't like missing out on stuff and get sad that stuff is retired. 3. I like how guardians were out in the world and doing ad-hoc content, though the different factions were nothing more than a recolour, gameplay-wise. I'd love to see a modified "Faction Gambit" where "enemy" factions knock you down and steal your "votes" but don't kill you while invading.

Posting in language:

• 1. I really liked the element of prestige that came with a high faction level, being able to show off your level 100 faction rank with the specialized exotic armor piece in D1 was a nice flex. 2. The catalysts being tied to separate factions was a terrible idea in my opinion. The whole point of a faction is to make a pledge, stick with it, and support whichever you like best. Having to pledge to all 3 factions took away the pride of being a die hard dead orbit, FWC, or New Monarchy loyalist. Additionally, the renown made for some cool challenges, such as full renown raid, but it also got in the way of gameplay. An example would be EP in which everyone would wipe after the heroic event so the rest of EP doesn’t become unnecessarily difficult. Maybe an opt in/opt out option would be best so that you can have the difficulty when you like, and play the game normally when you don’t.

Posting in language:

• If you know me (I think you might, I bed you all to bring the factions back almost daily) I adore the factions, they played a significant role in the build up to destiny 2 and they give a unique flair to players. The factions are a fun way to grind out things such as lost sectors, public events, patrols- even raids! Giving a hefty payout (in terms of season 3) to patient players who can handle the grind.... buuuut, the problem with the factions, in my opinion, was the exclusion of aligning with multiple factions, not being able to grind out every faction at once was very lame, and should’ve only been an event exclusive thing. (example being: the factions are available year round, while the faction rally is an event that locks you into the faction you’re pledged to at the time until the event is over) Each faction throughout the first 3 seasons had their own style and unique weapons, some bad, some beyond great- I would go so far as to say better than crucible pinnacle weapons, and their gear gave newer players an edge against veterans, since they’ve been absent, it’s not easy to find someone with ANYTHING faction related aside from maybe a ghost shell or an emblem. One thing I sadly missed in Destiny 1 was the beginning of the factions, I could never experience using a year one faction weapon until house of wolves where you could obtain them from a rare drop in the prison of elders, I urge the dev team- if they read this, go into the Destiny 1 database, rip out the year one- AND I MEAN YEAR ONE ONLY -faction weapons, and put them into Destiny 2, they were powerful, they were efficient, and they are worth being used today. When it comes to the armor you guys had the right idea, one set of gear with a bevy of ornaments that could be obtained by completing challenges when aligned with the faction that gives the ornament, what would be lovely is if you brought in the Destiny 1 faction armor sets and added them in as ornaments for the armor, while also adding in new and unique looking designs, it would bump up the flair factor by- uh- ALOT..... A couple more things to add, lore books for the factions- I and I’m sure a lot of other players in the community would love to know more about the factions and the consensus, while we have enough to know the factions’ ideals and philosophies, I would absolutely love to know how they’ll be included in the war against the cunning and the warrior (you know who I’m talking about) will the dead orbit fleet flee? Or will it go out to help fight off the pyramid ships? Will new monarchy seize control over the ruined city? What has the war cult foreseen? We won’t know if we can’t get lore from these guys, add in the lore books, make them sort of easy to complete. While I do love being the only guardian (probably) to be wearing ONLY dead orbit gear as of now it really is a shame when people ask me where I got my armor and weapons, I would rather see more people in my armor than nobody knowing where my armor came from~ I hope I gave the dev team some insight as to what I want to return from the factions, I just want them to stay so I can have all their stuff, and remain loyal to them after so many seasons..... Oh and P.S. when offering exclusive weapons for the faction rallies, you should’ve made the weapons exotics..... and keep making faction exotic ornaments! That was cool! 💚💚💚💚 love you all and I’m glad you still acknowledge their existence... ~Lochrine -8

Posting in language:

• Make factions like how they were in D1 with weapons being randomly rolled every week and factions being in the game 24/7. Faction Rallies should be a live event in between Iron Banners that when it's live you could be able to grind for a certain exotic catalyst or curated rolled legendary weapons. Also [b]REMOVE THE TOKEN SYSTEM![/b] Do it for Crucible and Iron Banner as well.

Posting in language:

• 1. I liked in Destiny you could rank up the faction just by playing the game and not having to turn in tokens. I want an option to either Play to earn or to turn in materials to rank up. D2 factions- I like that you could only pledge to one the entire week for the whole account having us choose wisely for the week but it would be better if it worked like D1 where every week Is faction week. Having exclusive exotic gear would be great but put a twist on to only work if you pledged to that faction for the week. 2.I as a player did not enjoy the tokens and that faction rallies only came twice every season 3.I would say everything in the game can potentially impact the faction. Although at the time faction rallies only had one thing that impacted faction in a big way which was Lost Sectors which I consider, and probably others, to be low tier endgame content. If you go the way of D1 reputation system just adjust everything like you do with clan xp. Additional Feedback: (only if Faction aren’t coming back until D3) -Add a quest to introduce the faction if and when they pledge, which then leads to another quest for the faction that could reward a faction exotic weapon and only works if they pledged. Like earlier in my post also add armor to can synergize with weapon. - you can add faction missions to further their cause and when they complete four mission they get a boss mission that requires two other to complete not so much like a dungeon but a little more than a lost sector. -last you can add seals to further a player’s commitment I hope this helps you guys find this helpful

Posting in language:

• Honestly, just make them permanent vendors. I hated having to wait to grind for the faction guns, and i'd much rather be able to grind them at any moment. Maybe, instead of just tokens, you guys could bring back the donation feature, and we could donate planetary materials, or other currencies, however try to prioritize tokens.

Posting in language:

• I think Destiny 1's faction system was perfect. I wish factions could be like that.

Posting in language:

• As a former D2 only player who recently went back to D1 to check out the raids in preparation for shadowkeep, I will say, I prefer the faction rally system in D1 better. Factions should be a reflected on all activities that are done in game (perhaps like a portion or percentage of the exp you earn doing everything goes to the faction). If you wanted to switch it up, you could have certain activities give more of a portion on certain days (like, strikes today, or crucible). Rank ups could be rewarded by being able to select a randomly rolled gun or armor price that could change ever so often (weekly?). But you could pick from a selection. It'd be cool too if you could only select one per account, and if that choice gave you a character bonus (Like a attribute bonus or something small), and that if the faction race could be presented in game some how (perhaps by who is in first second or third as shown on the flags in the tower or something). To answer your questions, I didn't really like most of the faction rallies, and certainly not grinding lost sectors. I did most faction rallies for the guns and for the catalysts, but those weren't a big deal.

Posting in language:

• Hello dmg. Short and sweet: Please bring back D1 factions. I was nice to have extra vendors on the tower with weekly rotating gear to check out and try out. Also grinding for the ships, shaders and the exotic class item was something for all the completionists out there like myself. But a big point I hate about D2 faction rallies was the RNG on the drops. I am missing 1 gun from one of the factions just because I wasn't lucky enough to have it drop. Also I played enough to max out the 30 packages for each character on each rally, so there was nothing I could have done. And like I said, I try to get as many things in my collection as possible, so that really keeps a very sour taste in my mouth all the time. So please, regardless of how the future for factions look like, it would be fantastic to give us players a way to acquire the old year 1 guns and armor from those factions, so that completionists can max out the missing spots.

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon