JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Bring back factions
7/19/2019 6:23:29 PM
dmg04

Hey all, thank you for the continued feedback on this! (I've posted this line a few times today, so go ahead and roast me for the copy pasta...) We've been getting feedback on the absence of Factions/Faction Rallies since they went on hiatus last year. While I can't make any promises on if or when they'd return, I'd like to ask some questions here to help prioritize the feedback points that we've been collecting. 1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most? 2. What were features that you did not enjoy? 3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way? Ex: Lost Sector Grind - some people enjoyed it, while others really did not Thanks, -dmg
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• -having loot to grind -loot wasnt interesting because no random rolls and the grind was way too much focused on lost sectors. And also dead orbit/fwc ornament were just recolors. -having only one reliable way to grind faction rally was a bad idea, as you mentionned not everybody liked lost sector farming. Strikes, missions,pvp, raids,gambit, menagerie etc...should reward a good ammount of tokens since they take longer to complete than a simple lost sector.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Just make Factions like on D1, pledge and that’s it

Posting in language:

• 1) The rallies open up 3 untapped loot pools. With random rolls back in the game, could we see a return to the D1 style vendors, rank up for a package, get a gun or armor, along with monthly, or bi-monthly (whatever has the best cadence for the game/team) faction rally. With a pinnacle/curated roll weapon for each faction be the reward for a winner, rotating between each type of weapon. There’s so much untapped potential in faction rallies that it hurts my soul. This will of course take some time to implement but could the perfect marriage of D1/2 faction systems. Obtaining reputation/tokens can be very tedious because the quickest way to do so is lost sectors. That’s not an issue, but maybe strikes should have an increased turnover (average time of a strike multiplied by average clear time of lost sectors that could’ve been run in the same timeframe) as well as raids... running a raid and getting 16 tokens that I could’ve run a lost sector 8 times in 4 minutes is heartbreaking. Reputation/token reward structure along with random rolled rewards are the 2 big pieces I’d love to see get some focus on, thanks!

Posting in language:

• I really liked pledging to a faction and collecting and repping their gear. I think it should work like this: Vendors are available all of the time. Each season their armor and weapons would get updated and sold at random. Each faction should level up like D1 and give random roll weapons and armor. In addition at the following ranks you would get these items: at rank 10 you get a themed ghost shell, at 25 a themed sparrow, at 35 a themed projection, at 50 a themed ship, at 60 a themed transmat, at 75 a faction exclusive weapon (like a faction pinnacle), at 85 a dynamic themed shader, and at 100 an exotic class item. Each season the rank resets and you have new rewards at the same increments. I think pledging should be account based, not character based so you really have to weigh your options. Lastly, there should be a title for pledging to a faction for 4 seasons straight. "Neo-Cultist" , "New Monarch" , and "Plague Bearer" (feel free to change those names). It would be an excellent opportunity to introduce new factions too. A followers of Osiris faction (please God with someone other than Vance), an Eliksni faction, a Calus faction, maybe a Drifter faction, and a Cayde Legacy faction where you pledge to the Colonel.

Posting in language:

• +1 to everything in this post. Except the part about the Drifter.

Posting in language:

• 1. guns and armor 2. time limited 3. faction specific exotic ornaments were cool. lost sectors would have been better with different higher level mobs, not by making us weaker.

Posting in language:

• Reactivate the faction vendors. Have them bring 6 items, 3 guns and 3 armor pieces, that change rolls on weekly resets. Have their prices change daily, sorta like spider' currency trades A combibation of shards and planetary mats. Exotic class items too i guess. I really dint care for them, just bring em back so people shut up about them.

Posting in language:

• [quote]1. What are the aspects of Factions or Faction Rallies that you liked most?[/quote] New weapons and armor with Faction oriented colors and themes. [quote]2. What were features that you did not enjoy?[/quote] There was no point to it: we grinded Lost Sectors and such for tokens, which is good because of 1. but thats all we did. You guys did add a reward for which faction won but it wasn't that great. Thats more like a kids competition at a family picnic. [quote]3. Have there been any other activities in Destiny or Destiny 2 that you thought Factions impacted in a good way?[/quote] No because it didn't affect anything. Now Factions are on the backburner when they could be part of a much larger story.

Posting in language:

• Just bring back factions permanently like D1. Literally all 3 factions for the past 3 season have literally sat in the tower and nobody had batted an eye at them. If there just gonna sit there get rid of them an free up some space for the game. Why have something in the game if it's not being used?

Posting in language:

• Link Faction Rallies to Gambit Prime. Have all player on a team be made up of the same faction, at end of Rally week give different rewards for Faction that won the most games, faction with most motes banked, and most enemy guardians defeated. Keep up the hard work. Guardian out.

Posting in language:

• Disagree with this one entirely. Factions should never be tied to one individual activity.

Posting in language:

• I liked Factions. Faction Rallies feels like a bit of a waste of the factions. Cool in concept, but I'd much rather just be able to visit Jalaal whenever I want and give him materials to build my rep with him, like D1. I do think that you could bring factions back D1 style AND add the rally event on top of that, and it'd be pretty cool. You could have a unique weapon offered by each faction, not available in the regular faction loot pool, and have people compete to see which one they get. I'd also like to add that if you do go the D1 faction route, I'd very much like to see exotic class items come back, or better yet, give us an exotic weapon for each faction. Have it be through a quest we get when we reach X rank with said faction.

Posting in language:

• Should be around all the time like D1, but a little improvement too.

Posting in language:

8 9 10 11
You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon