JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

7/19/2019 6:18:12 PM
dmg04

Hey all, While I don't have specifics that I can share at this time, I do know that the team is working on the problem space of Scout Rifles, and how they don't have a perfect place in the Sandbox. Pulse Rifles have enough range to edge in to the space that Scout Rifles are meant for, and we get feedback frequently on their viability in both PvE and PvP spaces. Once we have more info, we'll let you know.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

WaveRebel-
    WaveRebel-

pissed - old

Hc meta is old and tired. Thank you.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• What if Pulse was a mod/trait of Scout rifles? it would compete with Rampage for example.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mijati: 7/22/2019 9:01:58 AM
    ok lets say they buffed the scout rifles ... do u know what will happen than after ? 99% of the players will run arround with ace of spades because range and dmg. to buff scouts, they need to go above the stats of many hand cannons. and they wont do this. the only way to adress this problem is, to give players a 4th weapon slot where only hand cannons, and pistols have a place, and dropp there range to close combat area, but keep the dmg. the next point is than u have the trouble with shotguns. the only solution to this problem is : remove the scout rifles. and turn them all into auto rifles. give autorifles the option for AUTO or semi automatik fire modes.buff auto rifles to the stats of former scout rifles. with more dmg in semi autofire mode. and less dmg in full automatik mode. and ofc we can keep the stats for automatik rifles like they are now, ( rate of fire, stab, mag size and so on ) example : take a 600 rounds per minute autorifle u have the stats from it, range , stab, dmg and so on.than u change to semi autofire mdoe, and u get a higher dmg stat, but less rate of fire ( lets say standard 150 for scouts ), a bit more range a bit more stability same counts for the linear fusion rifles ...linear fusion rifles is a dead weapon class... a lot of autorifles,noone use anyway can be deleted....valkyr for example..... u got 2 weapons, when u take a closer look into them,u can find the solution to 90% of the weapons problems this game has...suros regime, and hard light....

Posting in language:

• Edited by TSoni5610: 7/22/2019 12:24:51 AM
    This is how everything should have been since day 1 in my opinion. Sidearms: good at very low range Hand cannons: good at low range Autos: good at mid-low range Pulse rifles: good mid range Scouts: good at mid-high to high range (or even very high range) I’m talking about the most used archetypes like 180 hand cannons and scouts, 450 pulses...

Posting in language:

lmao just no

Posting in language:

• *puts bygones in vault* “So long...partner.”

Posting in language:

• Pulse nerf incoming 🤣

Posting in language:

• That’s great, but what about No Land Beyond?

Posting in language:

• Please look into Autos as well.

Posting in language:

• Edited by crazymike: 7/21/2019 1:36:52 AM
    So you're going to nerf pulse rifles.

Posting in language:

• Bingo... I mean bungo! Lol

Posting in language:

• This man said "perfect place"

Posting in language:

• How about a fix for PvP as a whole? Still got invisible players and guns all over the place since your last patch and still no word on that being fixed. But hey the menagerie chest only poops out a single reward now so yeah.

Posting in language:

• Scouts feel super slow and clunky. It's not just about them being under powered. It's about everything from the camera angek when shooting from the him to the clunky slow zoom. And balance. To not having better perks and perk combinations. You need to put back d1 perks on scouts like the firefly/explosive round combos. The d1 iron banner scout riffle is my idea of a perfectly balanced scoute. Same frame as the night watch. But it had more player options, grips, scopes ,perks in each column. And it was kintic but with perk combos like FF/ER and armor piercing rounds, richotte rounds explosive pay load. It felt right. Seems like any scout that's a little decent in D2 has to be a lengedry scout. You guys need more kinetic ammo types for scouts . And more combinations. MAYBE Ricochet rounds/explosive payload so that if you shot a enmeys in a group the shot bounces off increasing the damage and explosions to the enemy next to him and so forth and so on. Scopes are not great I was looking forword to getting that penical scout all season. And when I did it low and behold. It came with static roll. And some long sillys scope with kinda makes it useless have not used it since I got it. It feels really off balance and long and awkward. You guys need to give us more scope options. Like the scout lazer dot scope from d1. I love scout riffles there my favorite weapon. Out of the whole catalogue. At least they used to be in D1. I would love to see them returned to there former glory. But its gonna take more then a buff to do that. it's sad that it's been a issue since launch and your probly not gonna address it until the last year of the game. I hope that with d3 you guys do a inventory on peoples issues from this game. And take them into account before that launches. Not just the big named twitch streamers.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Kopa Kabana: 7/20/2019 8:20:01 PM
    We asks for buffs, gets pulse rifle nerfs... it's like this guys are out of touch with the community :(

Posting in language:

• What about Skyburners Oath? The gun is horrible

Posting in language:

• [quote]What about Skyburners Oath? The gun is horrible[/quote] I use it in comp on certain maps where I can spam around corners. Pretty good on javelin actually

Posting in language:

• And in PvE? The gun is designed to kill Cabals and every other weapon can do the same thing but better and with all races, that's why i think it's a horrible weapon

Posting in language:

That gun is pretty racist :D

Posting in language:

• Sweet so you are nerfing pulse rifles. D.A.F.

Posting in language:

• Hurray it sounds like a scout rework in shadowkeep, I can finally use my favorite weapon type :)

Posting in language:

• Congrats folks, Bungie will answer your request to buff scout rifles by nerfing pulse rifles. Have you learned nothing?

Posting in language:

"Nerf fusion rifles" meme is still relevant as ever.

Posting in language:

• Yep

Posting in language:

• Scouts don't need a buff. Auto rifles do. Long range weapons you should have to work for your kill, not 2 tap people from across the map

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon