JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/12/2019 8:51:17 AM

A thought: Recluse

Soooo, we're all pretty sure this is getting a nerf, its an undoubtedly powerful weapon in both PvE and PvP BUT how about, instead of nerfing it, we work on making two variants of the gun The first variant would be earned via reaching fabled, its perks would be noticabley weaker than current recluse, probably a reduction in range and the ability to refresh Master at arms upon any kull would be disabled with this one But from there you can work towards legend rank and unlock the current version of recluse, name it something spider related..I dont really care Anyway, I'm sure the idea of recluse is split down the middle, but its just a thought..considering lunas howl has a more powerful variant which can be earned at legend (I say powerful but really its just a range increase..which in itself definitely makes the weapon better) I personally dont have lunas howl OR not forgotten, but its a quest I'd definitely like to complete as its a well thought out and straight forward quest. Anyway, ya.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • In general I don't like nerfing as a solution to the weapon balancing problems in this game. That being said, balancing IS a problem. There is always a meta in this game and right now, as a casual PvP player, I find it kind of irritating that the PvP pinnacle weapon meta is dominating PvP and PvE. It seems like every YouTube video I watch features recluse and mountaintop including guides for the CoS raid. I have already stopped playing PvP because quickplay had been taken over by the pinnacle weapon meta. Trophies for elite players is fine with me but pinnacle weapons shouldn't widen the skill gap. Recluse is just an example of a larger problem. There are so few viable weapons. The fact that the crucible pinnacle weapons are the meta right now just compounds the problem because they are so difficult for most players to get. When Ikelos SG was the best DPS option I felt like I had to use it all of the time. At least it was available to everyone albeit through rng. Don't nerf the "OP" weapons. Tune them down if necessary but tune other weapons up so that more weapons are viable. OP weapons are only labeled OP because so many other weapons are useless in comparison. They aren't necessarily OP. I would like to be able to use whatever weapons suit my play style or mood in that instance and not feel like I'm using a bb gun. Variety is a good thing. Isn't it?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon