JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: A thought: Recluse
7/19/2019 1:24:16 AM
In general I don't like nerfing as a solution to the weapon balancing problems in this game. That being said, balancing IS a problem. There is always a meta in this game and right now, as a casual PvP player, I find it kind of irritating that the PvP pinnacle weapon meta is dominating PvP and PvE. It seems like every YouTube video I watch features recluse and mountaintop including guides for the CoS raid. I have already stopped playing PvP because quickplay had been taken over by the pinnacle weapon meta. Trophies for elite players is fine with me but pinnacle weapons shouldn't widen the skill gap. Recluse is just an example of a larger problem. There are so few viable weapons. The fact that the crucible pinnacle weapons are the meta right now just compounds the problem because they are so difficult for most players to get. When Ikelos SG was the best DPS option I felt like I had to use it all of the time. At least it was available to everyone albeit through rng. Don't nerf the "OP" weapons. Tune them down if necessary but tune other weapons up so that more weapons are viable. OP weapons are only labeled OP because so many other weapons are useless in comparison. They aren't necessarily OP. I would like to be able to use whatever weapons suit my play style or mood in that instance and not feel like I'm using a bb gun. Variety is a good thing. Isn't it?
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I feel ya, a direct nerf towards anything is just a bad habit that bungie needs to break, No i dont want recluse to be nerfed, id much rather see a fine tuning to keep it viable while not being a "go to" And in the process, id love to see other weapons brought up to speed, scouts, auto rifles, bows, they've all just lacked in comparison to meta worthy weapons I want an overhaul to make everything on equal footing, this way we can actually have that variety in weapon choices

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon