JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by dmg04: 7/19/2019 2:59:09 AM

Buff Oxygen SR3 (And Scouts as a Whole)

No rant, it’s in the title. Worst pinnacle could use a buff. Edit: Yes, scouts need a buff all around, I was just zeroing in on an underperforming pinnacle weapon.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

Hey all, While I don't have specifics that I can share at this time, I do know that the team is working on the problem space of Scout Rifles, and how they don't have a perfect place in the Sandbox. Pulse Rifles have enough range to edge in to the space that Scout Rifles are meant for, and we get feedback frequently on their viability in both PvE and PvP spaces. Once we have more info, we'll let you know.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

113 Replies
    • Yes, sitting in vault RN cuz it isn't even better with Dragonfly spec mod.. And Buff Thorn on console. That gun is not good.

Posting in language:

17 Replies
      • Edited by Talonia_: 7/24/2019 12:42:34 PM
        Talonia_
        Talonia_

if I see you it's too late - old

Scouts don’t need a damage buff. All that needs to happen is to look at weapon ranges as a whole. Pulses need to be brought down in range. You could up scouts all you want but since pulses have the same range it won’t do anything. Changes should go as Scouts increaded range by 15% Pulses decreases range by 20% Handcannons range decrease by 5% Autos are in a good spot If this happened it would make scouts a more viable counter sniper option. Instead of pulses and some times even handcannons.

Posting in language:

• I want to see scouts return to greatness..along the lines of Chaos Dogma...now THAT was a -blam!-ing scout rifle.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I don't have Hush, but I feel like Hush would be worse. Is it not worse?

Posting in language:

8 Replies
          • Huh? It shreds in Gambit. It's a total beast.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
            • I miss Hung Jury...

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • I miss so much d1 scouts fang of iryut, vision of confluence,her noblesse, even d1 jade rabbit

Posting in language:

• no

Posting in language:

• The meganeruoma perk should have a much bigger and more damaging explosion. Or atleast make it so enemies that don't die from the blast get stunned for a short time. Also hush and revoker could really use a buff. I think hush should be changed so that any precision hit buffs draw time or atleast add a damage buff while the perk is active. Revoker should also refund 1 shot on a body shot in addition to a miss. So missing a shot or landing a non-presicion hit will refund the shot after a second.

Posting in language:

• Hunter Joe You make some valid points and i agree that eververse must be removed from this game but, Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold

Posting in language:

• If your scout rifle is under performing, you need a new scout rifle.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • why buff ? the question should be why u bother yourself to play with this useless guns ? hand cannons do more dmg. some even have a better range, impulse rifles do the tripple dmg and better range,even auto rifles do more dmg.to ask for a buff for scout weapons, u could better ask to get a puppy ingame

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                  • Scouts are weird to buff. Bungie doesn’t seem to want to promote sitting back and picking your way through encounters, like good ol early D1 Icebreaker. Odd thing is, encounter design doesn’t even seem like it would support that play style really anymore, but I dunno what goes on in the mind of Bungie They seem fine in PvP tho, map design is the real issue

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • So pleased to see Buff asked for and few if any asking for nerfs... BUFFS....................FOREVER!!!

Posting in language:

20 Replies
                      • The main issue that scouts have are how they stack up against pulse rifles and especially against the 4 burst, aggressive frame ones. The effective range of these pulse rifles is just too long for pve and pvp. Scouts definitely do need a pve buff, but in pvp the damage numbers are ok (150s hit 68 to the head with a TTK of 0.8s, 200s (MIDA) are a 4 crit kill for a optimal TTK of 0.9s, 180s have a more forgiving crit/body ratio for the optimal TTK but the TTK is slower at 1s)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Edited by Shiv-ren-nurudo: 7/20/2019 10:20:19 AM
                          Shiv-ren-nurudo
                          Shiv-ren-nurudo

totally not scholar mind - old

Eh. I’m done.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                          • I have oxygen now and it seems a bit weak. Jade Rabbits is better.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • Give scouts increased RPM (all of them)

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • I remember when my go-to weapon was the Nameless Midnight....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  Talonia_
                                  Talonia_

if I see you it's too late - old

Personally I like oxygen. I use it as my anti sniper.

Posting in language:

• I think they should have the unique perk on the Oxygen SR3 where it also increases damage on precision hits along with the increased Firefly explosion. Something like Rampage but with precision hits instead on kills, with this I think the Oxygen will feel more like a Pinnacle weapon that’s worth grinding for instead of a decent rolled legendary.

Posting in language:

• Scouts have a place in the sandbox. I don't care what the devs say. They nerfed them to make bows look more appealing. What they should've done was make bows special weapons instead of primaries. They could've been used as powerful dps weapons. Snipers would still be more powerful in PvP. They could've kept bows as two shots and nothing would've been op. They don't want us getting close for dps. Use bows. I bet they'd nerf bows too if they were good dps alternatives.

Posting in language:

• It’s like they need to do something unique, something outside the box that no other weapon does. If we’re just going off of ranges, most of the long-range is handled better by Pulses just by the design of Pulses being more punchy and forgiving, and anything mid- to short-range can be had with Hand Cannons, SMGs, autos, etc. They need like, a targeting uplink perk inherent to each scout that gives it bow-grade (if not better) target acquisition. Make it very hard for them to miss. Or some sort of damage perk that only comes on Scouts, maybe a Box Breathing-esque sort of thing. Box Breathing that proc’s immediately, idk. I’m spitballing but you get the idea.

Posting in language:

• Oxygen is insane...the perks are useless, but in pvp, the gun itself with a targeting adjuster is borderline broken...

Posting in language:

• Oxygen shreds guardians in Gambit and PvP, so I think it's fine. Although it should have better perks. Otherwise, I agree. So long as we don't get another MIDA meta. Getting really tired of that gun lol

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon