JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/16/2019 5:44:21 AM

Competative..bullshit...

How can anyone do competitive with bad match making and no real possibility of advancing as single player..

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I got both recluse and Luna solo. And Luna I did first season it came out It's possible.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Nothing pains me more than comp, I've played games an had to carry teams to win. There is clearly no skill level taken into consideration when matchmaking. I'm not the best can hold my own well. If you ever want a hand or a few games hit me up lol

Posting in language:

• I can probably help you out my dude

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • I feel you. Lost every game I played last night. What’s frustrating for me is the pinnacle aspect. I think we can all agree that the PVE side of things is easier just by the nature of the beast. It may take a while but ANYBODY can get those weapons. Now PVP is a whole different beast and the way they have the pinnacle quest set up is honestly not fair to those who aren’t as good at PVP. I’m not saying that they should just hand it to you, but make it so that as long as you are grinding and playing you’ll get it. I want to go for Recluse and after last night, I’ve realized I’ll never get it. How is that fair? It’s like the rich get richer while everyone else struggles to get by. I know they will never change it because that would be unfair to those that already have it, but maybe in the future change things. It’s just not right that PVP pinnacle weapons are achieved in the manner that they are. And yes I realize there are plenty of you who have it and play solo. 4 games last night and the supposed skill based matchmaking is broken. We were crushed in every game. Wouldn’t have been so bad if you didn’t drop below the level you achieved. But my will to do it now it’s s just broken.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • [quote]How can anyone do competitive with bad match making and no real possibility of advancing as single player..[/quote] Dont play comp solo dingus

Posting in language:

• Solo player life in como is tough brother.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Competative[/quote]

Posting in language:

• 5 matches 5 losses... And back down to Brave 3. I am dead inside. I may actually lose my mind.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • I did it...

Posting in language:

• If bungie changes anything tubers, streamers, and extreme sweats would instantly burst into tears because rather than being able to pub stomp and create faked content they would actually have to be good at the game, once they realised they sucked they would find another game that caters to content creators and bungie would lose free advertising. Been that way since day 1 D1, there are so many easy ways bungie could fix and balance this entire game, ut if it doesnt come from the mouth of a tuber or streamer you will never see it. So best thing to do is embrace the suck, troll the shit out of everyone, and enjoy yourself. And whatever exotic youre going for just know its not worth it, especially if it involves crucible

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            My buddy got 1 game away from Fabled by solo-queuing. He lost so I and 2 other average players got him there. You just gotta have the right connections.

Posting in language:

• Make friends. LFG. Anything. Don’t ever go in solo unless you’re confident in your skills. Another piece of advice... it’s summer. Kids are off of school. Either play really early in the morning, or don’t play comp. I’m on EST and I only play comp up till noon. After that, when all the Mountain Dew aderrall tryhards are on, I switch to QP

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • It's possible. Embrace the meta and reap.

Posting in language:

• I don't know what you've had to deal with but I pretty much solo my comp grind to fabled every season, so sorry it's not working out but you should look for a team perhaps

Posting in language:

• I soloed to about 1100. It was pure luck. I couldn’t get over 300 for some time then when I hit a good streak I went LFG and a good player from my clan and they got me Recluse and Mountaintop. I’m a 1.0 kd player. Use LFG and sort through the asshats (there are many). You might get lucky like I did.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Griefer: 7/17/2019 6:48:59 PM
              x xx x x x x x xx

Posting in language:

• As a person who usually solos and gets more defeats than wins I recommend trying to find a team, communication and sticking together is better than doing multiple fights alone. Plus you're more likely to have smarter teammates than dumb blueberries, you can check my pvp history if you want, the only times we lost were due to the spectator glitch or the erentill fusion rifle. Other than that we demolished the enemy teams or almost lost. Tldr: try and find a team, it's better than hoping the blueberries will be smart.

Posting in language:

• Bungie make a metric ton of cash out of the recovery business,that will never change I've read the amount of abusive and toxic comments below on your genuine post,its discussing Just keep trying m8 you'll get there,try and stay positive,eat well,rest well lots of water stay healthy in your gaming and happy and you'll achieve fabled Good luck

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Until Destiny 2 gets dedicated servers, the game mode is 'Competitive' in name only. :(

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 7/17/2019 12:08:22 PM
                Because comp is not a true competitive ladder. Overwatch is a true competitive ladder...and people say that (as long as you communicate) you can do pretty well as a solo player. But the way True Competitive ladders work is that they stratify players according to skill. AT the start of each season Overwatch has like five (?) placement matches. Where you play teams of varying skill levels....and then the outcome determines which rank you start out at. Then you go up or down from there. So you start out playing against people close to your own skill level....then you either climb or fall to your true skill level. Where you are winning and losing about 50% of your games....and you level out. Bungie does none of this. Comp was designed in a way where the goal was clearly to simply keep people playing for as long as possible. Not to trutly stratify players according to their skill level.

Posting in language:

• Don't forget the bad competitive system with resetting everybody every season to 0 points and a cap at 5500 points. This absolutely has nothing to do with fair matchmaking but has all to do to avoid a lot of players getting the rewards.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                • You can't. Jumped in last night to get three matches done before reset. Match 1) couldn't hit anything. Fired blanks the entire match. Even my super failed. Match 2) don't worry about that 3 stack on the other side. Match 3) teammates could not secure any zone nor could they keep it ( didn't help that a cheater was on the other team) If I am lucky I will get back all the lost points from the bonus at reset. Good news making "progress" towards Revoker.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                  • I've just been dicking about in there and got to 1400 alone (working on the sniper points). But it is luck really.

Posting in language:

• it was easier that first season NF and LH were available. I managed to get one season in with legend...this season isn't going to happen and it didn't happen last season either, too busy with life lol

Posting in language:

• I'm two resets away from fabled I just need one win out of my 3 games next week, then the following week one win out of 3 games and it's mine.....all solo queued, I've found luck with matchmaking has been the biggest help

Posting in language:

• I mean comp or destiny for that matter isn't built to be a solo experience sure you can do it but its built to be played with others. That being said at lower levels of comp I prefer to play solo

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon