JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by luckynewton: 7/16/2019 5:32:53 PM

Like this if you want the menagerie chest exploit back

I think that the chest exploit made the menagerie more fun since it allowed for easier grinding, and I’m pretty sure most people agree with me when I say that the chest exploit at the end of the menagerie made it much more fun. I would like to see this return, and I think it, or something like it (maybe limiting it to 3) would be beneficial for the menagerie. Edit: The comments did a great job of highlighting that there would be no way that they would keep something like this in the game. They also highlighted that the passage above was more of a butthurt rant whining about the chest patch, which is 100% true. I think that the idea to give extra chests for flawless encounters is a good idea. To add on to this idea I would say that each chest after the first one should double in the amount of runes required per slot. This would help players spend all of the runes that they have been accumulating since the patch.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Trolling went crazy huh? Ask yourself 300 seconds on timer? Bit odd.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• OP I recommend you edit the post to say you want the loot generosity back that menagerie had and say nothing about the exploit. It’s rubbing people the wrong way.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by B1oody Bill: 7/17/2019 9:52:16 PM
      Boo hoo. Y'all crying about an exploit that was fixed. Think about that word " Exploit" that's something that was unintentionally in the game. Gee maybe they should let players exploit every chest everywhere. Just run through the menagerie, take your prize then run it again. Lazy cry babies.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • It wasn’t an exploit.

Posting in language:

• Just saw something about they are willing to entertain a middle ground, maybe a chest for each successful completion of a room with time left in the clock. Good reward to work to get maybe not to sure what would be a good middle ground to unlimited chests.

Posting in language:

• Chest Exploit? No. But if they made something like 2 or 3 chests and the end of the Menagarie Or A chest after each successful encounter, then that would be cool

Posting in language:

• WOW almost 1400! Let's keep it going.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I will refrain from liking but also wouldn't mind if they brought it back. It was kind of like waking up on Christmas watching everyone run back and forth to the chest.

Posting in language:

• I haven't played Menagerie since they "fixed" it.

Posting in language:

• Wow.... 1k upvotes and counting. I personally do not care how much loot there is at the end. But damn, bungie...stone could ignoring the most popular topic in the last few months. A new low guys.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
          • Was never an exploit Guardian Do you really think any of us would have continued playing it so much if the chest had 1 drop by the 2nd week? It was fully intended to work like this and Bungie are showing their true colours of they do not care what the community want

Posting in language:

• agreed even if they had 3 chest i would be happy with that or a chest slot machine type of thing

Posting in language:

• They could at least allow us to open the chest 3 times. One is just too small of a reward for a 6 man activity.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Love seeing all these likes, yet not one response from Bungie.....typical Bungie listening again.

Posting in language:

• Im firmly in the camp of “1 chest per completed encounter.” You only beat boss? 1 chest. Beat Arkborn, Gauntlet AND boss? Take 3. Discourages AFK and truly is an “effort for reward” fair trade.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
              • Middle ground would be nice. The option to pick up 2/3 times would have been successful middle ground .

Posting in language:

• Still the most rewarding activity to day.. just cause you can't farm it means nothing. You can still pick the legendary you get as well as the masterwork. They take 15 minutes a run same as a strike but you guarantee a legendary not two blues and some glimmer

Posting in language:

• Edited by Capnmorgan: 7/17/2019 2:41:55 PM
                [quote] I think that the idea to give extra chests for flawless encounters is a good idea. To add on to this idea I would say that each chest after the first one should double in the amount of runes required per slot. This would help players spend all of the runes that they have been accumulating since the patch.[/quote] A second chest for flawless would give the blueberries a reason to actually do something other than be afk half of the time while in encounters. I’ve lost count of how many times I Rez and they just sit there. The second one also being double the price would be nice for those of you who have booku runes. For me, I’m just now getting blues. So it would be wasted on guys like me.

Posting in language:

• Just give me three chests at the end. Damn, even two!

Posting in language:

• I play Destiny since almost a Year and still do not have near "perfect" equipment and the armor pieces that I am looking for. Random rolls and enhanced perks are a -blam!- and the amount of crap it takes to get that one piece is way too high. Therefore, Menagerie was a 1st step in the right direction for me. I mean it's not like you do 10 runs and are done. But it gave you an incentive to do several runs per week. Last week I made one run on all three characters and it only happened because a mate of mine asked me for help. It's not so much the reduced loot but knowing the god roll is now as unreachable as all the other loot in the Game so far has been. It's just frustrating to know how minimal the chance to get what you want is, same as with Reckoning where you struggle to get even a group that's capable (tried it 2 days ago with knights and Blackout, this is still an obscene and exxagerated activity) and then at the end, you get a blue item and some bits of Glimmer. Way to go.

Posting in language:

• I agree. For me, it’s not worth playing anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

Posting in language:

• I think people need to understand that the chest was not meant to work out that way and the long timer is so individuals can explore and get the lore that's around the place. However, I do feel the Menagerie isn't worth the grind for one loot drop (sometimes two + a mod depending on how upgraded your chalice is). Maybe something like having between 3 - 5 chests and only 1 powerful drop from them. Giving players the chance to get that god roll they want? Just an idea lol.

Posting in language:

• I think it'd be nice if for ever perfect run it spawns an extra chest at the end. So if you're perfect you get 3

Posting in language:

• It wouldn’t be so bad if random rolls weren’t so unforgiving. Mtashed farmed 100plus waking vigils and none of them was a weapon he was looking for. Cannot hit me with that one run for one worthless gun bs.

Posting in language:

• holy hill 1214 upvotes!!! :O

Posting in language:

• Normally they don’t like casual is enjoying the game. However if your grinding like headless chicken and enjoying the game, they really appreciate it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon