JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Forum Feedback
7/14/2019 7:02:20 PM
If someone posts proof of a cheater, the post shouldn’t be locked for naming and shaming. My personal take.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by drew012278: 7/15/2019 11:55:37 AM
    Truth is in the U.S. it’s innocent until proven guilty. I have seen many a video here where maybe they cheated maybe they didn’t. I used to play with several friends from the UK one of whom moved to NZ and oof when we played with him we were all lagging everywhere we got several messages along the way that we were cheating. We weren’t we were playing (and suffering with the lag too) because he was lonely in a foreign land and gaming with his buddies was the highlight of our day. Some could have easily made a video and called us cheaters. And maybe they did idk but fortunately if Bungie looked into it they saw we weren’t all cheating we lost more matches than we one with the lag. But like I said we were not going to stop playing with our good friend because his internet sucked. Are there cheaters ? Of course yes. But it’s up to Bungie to figure it out this is their property. And we as a community should not be judge jury and ban 🔨. Especially when probably at 50% was just teenagers angry they lost.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• "Innocent until proven guilty..." it's a video game, not the justice system you simp.

Posting in language:

• You are missing the point completely it is in FACT the video games justice system. Preventing unjustified hazing. But judging by the fact you choose to insult your not someone I will continue to debate with. No need to reply I have showed you to my mute list.

Posting in language:

• Bungie can always review the footage themselves (which shouldn’t take long) and if the footage is legitimate cheating they suspend/ban the guy and remove the post, if it isn’t proof of cheating they remove the post anyway and maybe issue a warning to the poster on what cheating actually is.

Posting in language:

• The thing is as far as posting goes it has to be one or the other and it can’t be case by case and as I just stated at lease 50% are not cheaters. So the way to is no posting. It’s the one thing I agree with Bungie on

Posting in language:

• See that one I agree with. Because sometimes people's proof isn't proof at all, you can't have witch hunts man.

Posting in language:

• And all it takes is a few minutes watching the footage, if it’s indeterminate look at the crucible game on date/time, and either way Bungie can suspend the cheater and remove the post or do nothing and remove the post if the footage tells them it’s not cheating.

Posting in language:

• Obviously they don't want to do it that way, that sounds incredibly time consuming when they have backend ways of dealing with it.

Posting in language:

• It seems a lot more efficient than their current system, as the report button feels useless.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon