JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/13/2019 8:37:55 PM

How to keep the menagerie and the forge relevant

Allow players to choose items from the collection to craft in the forge, or as a reward in menagerie. You can limit it to open world drops and keep random rolls so that there will be some grind to get a god roll, but i think alot of people would participate. Just about everyone has already got what they want out of the forge and menagerie and these activities will be vacant without some innovation. If you throw in a chance for enhanced perks that would help too. The menagerie chest glitch should clearly demonstrate that guardians will grind for loot if they have some control over the reward. I would play the forge/menagerie for sure to try and get a god roll on a weapon i like or to try and build an armor set that i want, probably alot of others would too.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Corrick II: 7/15/2019 7:21:55 PM
    Yes. Yes yes yes, at least in the Menagerie, I would [i]love[/i] it if I could choose any item in my collection to drop from the chest. I would grind the hell out of the Menagerie for this. The loot pool is just too limited for me to care right now. It would also be nice if the Forge let us have access to the Scourge raid weapons but I get the reasoning behind it. I just really want that scout rifle.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Currently the forge is more rewarding

Posting in language:

• The forges were the PERFECT opportunity to let us bring up Y1 gear of our choosing to the Y2 system. Even limit it to two pieces of gear per week. Wasted opportunity.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Too late. Chest glitched patched. No reason to grind it anymore

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • [quote]Allow players to choose items from the collection to craft in the forge, or as a reward in menagerie. You can limit it to open world drops and keep random rolls so that there will be some grind to get a god roll, but i think alot of people would participate. Just about everyone has already got what they want out of the forge and menagerie and these activities will be vacant without some innovation. If you throw in a chance for enhanced perks that would help too. The menagerie chest glitch should clearly demonstrate that guardians will grind for loot if they have some control over the reward. I would play the forge/menagerie for sure to try and get a god roll on a weapon i like or to try and build an armor set that i want, probably alot of others would too.[/quote] Just to point out, it wasn't actually the glitch that allows you to have control over the reward, it is the chalice, and that hasn't changed. Just a thought. I ran menagerie earlier and matchmaking was instant, so I suspect there isn't a problem with everyone having everything that they want

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon