JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Forum Feedback
7/13/2019 3:25:53 PM
I think we should incentivize proper behaviour. There’s proper ways to post feedback and have a civilized discussion, this often doesn’t happen. I’m not saying we go back to forum titles as this definitely had some negative side effects, but I feel there should be some type of change. What happened to players being able to use their emblems for avatars? That was sweet and it allowed for more customization. Some players would even be able to have more rare emblems / avatars if they were tied to rare in game activities. I’d like to get rid of the downvote option. This can just lead to negativity. Instead, if players agree with a topic they can upvote it, it not, leave it be. That said, I’d like to see the option to favourite a post for later separated from upvote option. I want to save some threads for later for reason, without giving them an upvote. With the current system I have to downvote them to remove them from my favourites too.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• 'Get rid of the down vote' a fascist would also like this.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

DireNazgul
    DireNazgul

PSN - DireNazgul - old

I agree. I’m tired of weird trolls acting like fools on game forums and making the entire gaming community look like a bunch of spoiled crybabies.

Posting in language:

• Agree :)

Posting in language:

• Emblems yes, taking away Downvote no. Don't be that loser that wants all criticism away because you're offended or scared. Weak

Posting in language:

• I agree with the middle emblem statement

Posting in language:

• How very -blam!-ing Liberal. Bungle will love it I'm sure.

Posting in language:

• I think what Kellogs is trying to say here is, Title Bars or Bust

Posting in language:

• [quote]I’m not saying we go back to forum titles[/quote] but he's TOTALLY saying to bring back forum titles. +1 [quote]I’d like to get rid of the downvote option. This can just lead to negativity. Instead, if players agree with a topic they can upvote it, it not, leave it be[/quote] It just need to go in it's entirety. If you can't down vote you shouldn't be able to up vote either. Otherwise it's a false positivism.

Posting in language:

• I did like them. The only issue I had with the previous titles was some people had a sense of superiority. Ie “you’re not a mythic your opinion doesn’t matter”. I’m not sure of a way to avoid that honestly. As for likes, I still think there should be a way for users to see which topics or threads are more popular than others. This also allows Bungie to see which threads to hit up or drop their own thoughts in.

Posting in language:

• If anyone actually believed the rhetoric about the title meaning any type of real superiority, then that's on them. Most of us all joked around with them as fun & games in the #Community. But they did carry some weight with newer people, as to who could be listened to for better information and such. Most who weren't gray or blue weren't because they didn't deserve to be from poor behavior. [quote]As for likes, I still think there should be a way for users to see which topics or threads are more popular than others.[/quote] Isn't that what the 'Trending" list is for? Personally I couldn't care less about how many 'Likes" a thread has. It either is worth discussion or it isn't. "Likes" all too often are doled out for popularity reasons more so than content. They can be as artificially inflated by groups or clans as the down vote brigades can black list threads or op's they do not like. To me a thread should stand on it's own merits of if it's always at the top of the list because it is getting action or not, like the New thread lists.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Kellogs: 7/16/2019 1:58:36 AM
    Well trending is sort of unique. Something can be trending and have zero (or negative) likes. Achronos explained it somewhere (I’ll try to find the link) that it takes into account the age of the thread, how many hits, and replies it’s receiving etc. Likes factor in too but there are often threads with zero likes appearing on trending based on the thread activity. [quote]To me a thread should stand on it's own merits of if it's always at the top of the list because it is getting action or not, like the New thread lists.[/quote] Agree wholeheartedly. Edit for link: https://www.bungie.net/en/forums/post/252179300?showBanned=1&path=1

Posting in language:

• I dunno, I think there will be a time to remove the downvote, especially if the forum moves towards more constructive discourse which I am most certainly for. But right now seeing people's hate speech and just completely nasty commentary sitting at a big ol 0 does make one feel a lot better than just seeing "so and so feels like you should die for existing, and 20 people think that's great". Right now there's like multi-step approaches in Bungie's rules that enforce protecting the bad guy over the decent people. There's actually been like multi day long threads about hating on certain groups of people that have been considered fine and dandy, yet naming and shaming someone who's actually done something wrong gets an instant lockdown. Seems all backwards right now.

Posting in language:

• How about in persuit of honor quest ! How long it's going to take to bungie address this ? Next year ???

Posting in language:

• What issue are you having with it?

Posting in language:

• A mentor post I actually agree with that's odd. As long as we don't turn out like youtube, twitter, and most of reddit where someone who points out any flaws is attacked viciously and only positive is allowed. I'll definitely be fine with this. The way the community has become since Destiny 2 is definitely another reason me and others stay out of the game currently.

Posting in language:

• Trash posts should be down voted.

Posting in language:

• I strongly disagree with the removal of dislikes. Knowing that an idea or opinion is disliked, is important. Perhaps something more akin to the YouTube system, that displays likes and dislikes independently of one another?

Posting in language:

• Youre right it doesnt. Because you have too many people that think because if you dont have thousands of hours in certain activities then your opinion or feedback is completely worthless. Like its pretty frustrating to see people give legit feedback about concerns only for a particular group of people to tell that person that .... A- The game is perfect and has no flaws, so whatever wrong is their personal problem and if they dont like it they shouldnt play. B- They dont have a 25.0 KD/R, Flawlessed Every raid 100 times, Went Flawless in Trials 10 times a week, and dont have 15,000 hours logged so they cant give feedback because they dont know what theyre talking about. The forums here on bungie.net are a toxic cesspool. And they need to go through and ban a lot of people.

Posting in language:

• [quote]a particular group of people to tell that person that ....[/quote] This is the exact negativity I’m talking about. It shouldn’t be us against them. Discussion should be had by everyone. People can disagree with you without being picked out of a group for it.

Posting in language:

• LOL. You missed the point entirely. Maybe we could improve the forums by eliminating the mentors

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]a particular group of people to tell that person that ....[/quote] This is the exact negativity I’m talking about. It shouldn’t be us against them. Discussion should be had by everyone. People can disagree with you without being picked out of a group for it.[/quote] That's some heavy gaslighting there buddy.

Posting in language:

• I love how out of my entire post... You pick out a half a sentence and completely remove any and all context from it to push a false narritive.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I love how out of my entire post... You pick out a half a sentence and completely remove any and all context from it to push a false narritive.[/quote] What was done to your posting is a negative. It's as though as he's saying it doesn't happen, when it clearly happens all the time.

Posting in language:

• Exactly

Posting in language:

• Yup, basically saying it doesn't exist.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon