JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: The reckoning is terrible
7/13/2019 12:30:47 AM
The Menagerie isn't forgiving it's guaranteed success in the matchmade version....it's actually really boring IMO. Reckoning is so much better because you can fail if you're not organized. There can't be to many activities with guaranteed loot, you would have zero reason to play that activity plus the item your after is guaranteed. We has an entire season of Reckoning and you didn't build a set? Wait for a heavy weight day all your frustration will go away.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• People stopped playing after they got what they wanted from Reckoning anyway... you literally killed your own argument. Even with the chest glitch on Menagerie it still had more replay value than the Reckoning ever did, because that sheer quantity of junk loot was useful for mats and shards, and you got the chance of something decent as a cherry on top. I didn't even mind the Reckoning, but there's only so many times you can play 1 activity and not get anything good from it before you lose interest... hell, pretty sure out of the few gambit prime weapons I've actually got, all the best ones were random drops from Gambit Prime anyway.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I played the Reckoning to get Tier 3 sets for Gambit Prime. I just got Reckoner yesterday. I played a lot more Reckoning than I will Menagerie. I already have the rolls on the armor I want and most of the mods I want. I took a lot longer to get the armor rolls in Reckoning.

Posting in language:

• You're the minority though, like, the VAST minority. Gambit doesn't seem to be particularly popular to begin with, so most people who even bothered to get a full set just took whatever they got for the set bonuses then ignored it. And most people who got good roll Gambit Prime weapons never looked back.

Posting in language:

• You just made my point, so if you could pick the drop you would stop playing it earlier. I've got the title but I'm still playing to get the sniper with 4th times a charm and firing line. That is the first weapon roll in Destiny history that I'm chasing, I usually just use good enough rolls. So I have zero reason to play that mode except to help a few friends that decided to get the title and chase that sniper rifle. It's not my fault that people only like playing part of the game they paid for. Isn't it crazy how we play the PvE part for rewards until there nothing to chase but some of us play Gambit and Crucible for fun.

Posting in language:

• Nah, if I could pick the drop I'd play it until I got ALL the god-roll weapons out of it, not just quit once I got the 1 or 2 I wanted the most. Most people quit because they got nothing or just trash from playing it, most people quit because it was a repetitive activity that offered next to nothing useful. Player decline in an activity is inevitable, but trying to drag it out with terrible drop rates on top of terrible rolls makes most people quit faster because they feel it's repetitive, boring and ultimately unrewarding for their time. Had the Menagerie chest glitch remained, or at least if it had more chests, people would have played that consistently up until Shadowkeep dropped because even if you got trash loot, you got a LOT of trash loot, and that meant a steady flow of materials. The Reckoning offers nothing but an unrewarding grind that most players can't be bothered with.

Posting in language:

• You're talking about a loot/shooter playerbase. Bungie is going for a MMO playerbase, they finally said it in the last vidoc. Borderlands may better suit your taste, it showers you with garbage all day long.

Posting in language:

• I'm an MMORPG player of like 10 years+... Destiny 2 completely fails to match any basic MMORPG or RPG style game in terms of time to loot ratios. I've said it before on other threads, Destiny 2 fails to match loot to the grind because it offers nothing outside of those singular loot drops. The currencies in the game are next to meaningless, they're nothing but artificial time consumers designed to drag the game out. If they want to push for that MMO or RPG status they need to take a look at some actual MMO/RPGs and see how they properly balance out their time to reward ratios with valuable currencies and materials even if the loot drops are bad. When you grind out a raid or a dungeon or whatever in one of these games (that's done properly), even if you don't get the items you want you get something like a central currency, or materials for crafting, or gems, or enchantments to improve and upgrade your gear so that even if you don't get that loot drop, you're still making some form of progression towards the larger goal.

Posting in language:

• Wtf? Destiny's system is almost a carbon copy of the most successful MMO out there. WoW has dailies, weeklies, a weekly world boss, Raids....everything that Destiny has. Plus you can do a 4 hour Raid and get nothing and this is after they made WoW more casual.....there a reason there was a push for the classic version release. So Bungie did look at another MMO, the king of MMOs.

Posting in language:

• Where's the gold? Where's the Auction house? Where's the factions with rep to grind? Where's the crafting system? Where are the merchants? Where are the gameplay cosmetics? Where's any of what made that MMORPG such a successful MMORPG? 'Cos it aint in D2.

Posting in language:

• We were talking about the gear grind, WoW has been around for more than 15 years. Destiny is very casual compared to WoW, I never said it wasn't. The gear chase and the Raids make WoW great, everything else is just filler. You also don't have to mine ore for 6 hours to craft a piece of gear, Destiny players complain about farming Enhancement cores now your complaining about not getting enough loot. I can't wait until September and Bungie shows the direction this game is going, maybe those of us that appreciate the game for what it is will finally be playing with like minded individuals. Desiny 2 almost failed because it was to casual and all I se is post wanting the game to be easier....

Posting in language:

• Everything I just mentioned is part of the gear grind. MMORPGs offer OTHER forms of gear or character progression outside of single drops so that almost all the content feels at least somewhat rewarding to do, even if it is a grind or not particularly fun for most players. I appreciate the game for what it is, and what it is right now is an FPS with RPG elements. The gunplay is great (when the games running as intended) but outside of that it's lacking in a lot of departments. I'm not saying it to hate on the game, I'm saying it because I want to see a BETTER version of the game. I've got nothing against difficulty either, just as long as it IS difficulty and not just cheesy mechanics or excessive grinds that offer little to nothing outside of a singular item. A lot of recent Exotic quests have been the equivalents of 'collect 10 wolf hides' and it's sucked. Bad Juju and Outbreak Perfected have been much better, but they've wasted a lot of that time and content by making those areas meaningless after you've done them. Had they added some new themed weapons or armour into those pieces of content they'd have basically had 2 new dungeons. As I've said again on other threads, they need to take a look at some games like Dauntless, things like Monster Hunter or just some more MMORPGs and get some ideas for entertaining mechanics.

Posting in language:

• They are implenting more progression changes in September. There's gonna be a "crafting" system for armor, there's gonna be dicipline, strenth and intellect again. Deeper systems would be great but you gotta remember the pure fps crowd doesn't want to much RPG/MMO so Desiny is gonna stay simple on that end. The game has a good mix of choose your gear and rng, I'd say it's the best it's ever been.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon