JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Bungie you can't fool me
Edited by Atreuss: 7/12/2019 2:53:57 PM
I'm kind of at the point I don't care if I get juju or not. It will get nerfed eventually anyway. I'm not stupid enough to blow my resources on one exotic weapon with shadowkeep coming. Soon juju will be stowed in the vault along with other useless weapons anyway. I will add to my tributes over time and get it the slow way. No worries.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• That weapon aint getting nerfed it gets out beat by a lot of other weapons. If anything it might get a buff

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Galactic Zones: 7/12/2019 6:33:05 PM

Posting in language:

• If anything, I think it will get buffed. I will go on record as saying that by December, String of Curses will go down to 3 stacks for full effect similar to Rampage.

Posting in language:

• I'm not sure about that. Pulse Rifles have been good for a while. They're due a nerf and a buff to scouts is way overdue. Having said that Bungie works in mysterious ways so who knows.

Posting in language:

• Scouts need a PvE buff. They're fine in PvP. Pulse rifles could use a small range nerf, but that's it.

Posting in language:

• It’s not actually very good. Without 5x string of curses, you get very little super energy and it’s really hard to get stacks going in team activities.

Posting in language:

• This right here is exactly what I’ve been saying. The gun is good with stacks of the curse, but otherwise it kinda feels like you’re using a wet noodle. Especially compared to outbreak or something similar.

Posting in language:

• Foolish and very childish assumption. It does not break anything in pve or pvp.

Posting in language:

• It's actually not a childish assumption. Literally every weapon they release like this (in a shiny way) gets nerf'd in a couple months. History repeats itself, you are the childish one for being blind.

Posting in language:

• Believe it or not, they nerf things that need to be nerfed and don't nerf things that are fine and balanced. There's a lot of examples of this, plenty of really good weapons still exist in their original state.

Posting in language:

• For real, why would they nerf it? It's not even particularly good, aside from being a low recoil pulse. It REQUIRES String to be active to do damage comparable to other primaries, which means you're constantly searching for some tiny wimpy enemy to get it started. The super regen is really tame, even at max stacks. It's not an impressive weapon, it's just something to use for the novelty, if you like it, like Lumina.

Posting in language:

• Can you explain why it would get nerfed? Like with actual proof, something More than "hurr durr Bungo nerf good, that bad"

Posting in language:

• Bungie have a bad habit of throwing in blatantly OP guns into the game and then later nerfing them. I used to think it was just sheer incompetence in terms of game balance issues, but I think they just throw a shiny pretty at the playerbase to keep us preoccupied while they count our-- I mean, _their_ cash. Of course, leave something OP for too long and people who don't have said gun or super or whatever will complain, so eventually to assuage the people who've been farmed for the last half year, they nerf the Exotic or super into the ground, so now no one gets to have fun with it, but the people who got to use it while it was OP If it was just a one-off that this happened, I'd believe it to just be a mistake, but Bungie do it over, and over, and over again. They wouldn't even need to nerf a gun or super or Exotic armor if they'd balanced the thing properly prior to putting it in the game, but if they actually tested it extensively, it probably would get leaked to players and then it wouldn't be some wonderful surprise. ;P People talk about 'power creep' but honestly, if Bungie cared that much about 'power creep', they would never throw OP crap in the game because they would have tested it for game balance and balanced it accordingly beforehand, instead of ... Uriel's Gift meta, Antiope meta, Graviton Lance meta, Vigilance Wing meta, Nova meta, Spectral meta (still here), Luna's/Not Forgotten meta (still partly here), etc. :P As it is, I'm not sure why Bungie are bothering with game balance this late in the game when it comes to toning down some things, while leaving other blatantly OP things virtually untouched: I'd rather they just gave every subclass something as blatantly OP as what's already in the game, to balance things out, rather than get farmed for months on end with supers/Exotic armors and weapons I don't have, only to have them toned down or even nerfed after I finally get them. ;P

Posting in language:

• Very good point. Which in turn was something rather aggravating for me. I played this damn game for the entire three months of "Forsaken", grinding my @$$ off at this would-be-second-job for these awesome new exotic armor pieces I'd been seeing. First week, I was thoroughly excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on even just one of them. Well, the weeks went on and on... The only Forsaken exotic armor I had drop was Sixth Coyote and Phoenix Protocol (which I was super happy to [i]finally[/i] get). The last week, before BA released, I said "eff it". These once appealing exotics that I played my @$$ off trying to get were not only nerfed already, but more nerfs to them were coming. The tipping point for me though, was when I started to really think about the fact that, not only were these exotics released in such a powerful state, but oddly enough, the exotic drop rates were reduced into the ground with absolutely zero duplicate protection. Yet all the popular tubers were already swimming in these exotics. Kinda funny how Bungie finally [i]allowed[/i] us average schmucks to by them from Xur once their reign was over...

Posting in language:

• Juju isn't blatantly OP though

Posting in language:

• The proof is their history. Look at when things released and then look at when they got nerf'd. They do the same thing over and over and over and over.

Posting in language:

• So things like bad juju which never got nerfed in all of d1. Things lik recluse which hasn't been nerfed To my knowledge darci hasn't been nerfed, and it out dps'es whisper. Huckleberry hasn't been nerfed. And several other good weapons

Posting in language:

• Bad juju actually did get a nerf in d1. They reduced the amount of super energy you get back and i think they also reduced the duration of string of curses. Not entirely sure about that second one though.

Posting in language:

• I've never hear of bad juju getting a nerf like that

Posting in language:

• Well on the fact of Darci, yes it does out DPS Whisper, Whisper does overall more total damage.

Posting in language:

• Because of its infinite ammo Which it no longer has

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon