JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

7/12/2019 1:42:41 PM
Yes please. Its ridiculous that a currency derived micro transactions is being used to buy an in-game tribute that results in earning an in-game exotic and its catalyst. "But this game isn't pay to win!"
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Me when I did the quest yesterday without needing the bright dust tribute. Bought the primary ammo tribute and earned 2 more from the night fall, done and easy.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I'm doing my best to avoid it until the very end with the discount. Getting all those triumphs done first.

Posting in language:

• So your telling me if I drop a few 100? I can buy godly armor and weapons??!!! Or does the ornament give you some special buffs?? Foolish to think this game is to pay2win. You must be salty that fact that your mom won't let you buy that sick ass golden bad juju skin. lmao

Posting in language:

• This particular quest has you spending bright dust to earn an exotic gun and catalyst. For THIS PARTICULAR QUEST, its pay to win. Don't you get that its a marketing ploy? Shadowkeep drops and people will have a better way to earn Bright Dust. For now though? Your best bet is to buy it. So how is Bungie going to get people to spend money before September? Hmmmmm, by maybe locking it behind an exotic weapon and catalyst?

Posting in language:

• But getting Bad Juju can be done [i]entirely[/i] without spending a single planetary material, using Tribute Hall triumphs and the free tributes you get from placing other tributes? And there's upwards to an 80% discount for all materials; planetary materials, dust, legendary shards, and glimmer if you're patient? AND there's Eververse bounties, that you accumulate notes for as you play, that give way more than enough bright dust when done 3~4 times for ALL bright dust tributes at 80% discount, making getting the exotic catalyst loads easier since bright dust isn't a major factor at that point? AND- and I put emphasis on this- [b]you don't have to go for all 50 triumphs. That means you can ignore the bright dust tributes and still get the Bad Juju catalyst.[/b] Bright dust isn't an issue, you just don't want to play.

Posting in language:

• I don't WANT to play? Do you realize how much I WISH I had more time to game like I use to? Moms don't get to sit on their butts and play all day kiddo. ;) I can see your argument being plausible IF you have 10plus hours to spend all day.

Posting in language:

• Mom or dad, brother or grandpa, tackling the tribute hall bounties over time gives you discounts that bring prices down to something that better suits how you play. The tribute hall isn't going anywhere. You have as long as you need to gather everything for it. I'll retract the 'you don't want to' part, but everything else there is wholly truthful. Eververse bounties are honestly great, everyone just sleeps on them.

Posting in language:

• I have the patience. :) Waited 7 months for my Rivensbane (the bow of all things) I can wait a month for the catalyst. It just doesn't sit well with me that Bright Dust is being used still. :( Its a nice marketing ploy on Bungies part, make us spend all our Bright Dust before Shadowkeep.

Posting in language:

• Gotcha. Reminds me that I still need to go for Rivensbane. I have Reckoner and Blacksmith, but I still have yet to go for a Petras run lol. I don't find the bright dust an issue solely because of the Eververse bounties. Playing 2 hours a week should be enough to get three or so notes per character, and the highest level of bounty gives 150 bright dust, and its repeatable. Dismantling everything you get from the free weekly engrams can give between 135 to 535 dust per engram. You'll have to forsake some vanity items but it's wholly doable without spending money. They're also making bright dust 100% free to obtain in Shadowkeep, so it'll be even less of an issue then.

Posting in language:

• I have Rivensbane, Cursebreaker, Chronicler and Wayfarer. I'm a few triumphs shy of Blacksmith, but atm I'm working towards Shadow. (Close to finishing that too). It just makes me wonder what Bungie is planning for Shadowkeep. Why have us spend allll of our resources and Bright Dust now?

Posting in language:

• You dont have to spend (free) Bright Dust to get Juju. The tributes that cost Bright Dust can easily be waited on until a substantial discount is achieved. The real problem is people don’t want to wait until things get cheaper, “everyone” wants things right now. This is why people get bored with new content in 4 daze.

Posting in language:

• I can wait. I had to wait 7 months for Rivensbane (the bow of all things). I can wait a month for Bad Juju. You gotta admit tho, its a smart marketing ploy on Bungie part. Make you spend all your Bright Dust now before Shadowkeep.

Posting in language:

• Well my Fireteam mate and I were talking about that. We may be in store a much larger currency change than we think. Stay Gold Guardian

Posting in language:

• I think so too. Shadowkeep is around the corner and Bungie is having us spend alllll of our resources and Bright Dust. Either its going to become useless in the future OR we'll be forced to farm all over again and they don't want anyone having a leg-up. And thank you. 😊 You too.

Posting in language:

• actually it isn’t p2w. Bad juju is obtainable without using bright dust to buy tributes. I guess the discount system flew over everyone’s head.

Posting in language:

• Edited by AlphaHydrae8: 7/12/2019 2:59:28 PM
    No it didn't. Your statement didn't change the fact that Bright Dust is still only derived from items that are from the Tess store, AKA the micro transaction store. Her bounties and dismantling things don't provide NEARLY enough, unless you have the time to grind 10plus hours a day. Tess store currency should have NO place in in-game achievements. Period. The whole discount system doesn't excuse that fact. This game isn't a second job btw. Most of us have lives, jobs, and families to take care of. And you do realize that this is just a marketing ploy right? Shadowkeep will drop and people will have a better ways to earn Bright Dust. So for now, force people to buy engrams to break down into Bright Dust while the getting is good. Maybe THAT wizzed over YOUR head.

Posting in language:

• Also, unless they're tucked away somewhere super hidden you can't buy Best of Y1 engrams. You can buy 5 with the starter pack, but that's it, you have to earn the engrams.

Posting in language:

• I disagree. I had over 25000 Bright Dust because I break down everything I don’t use from Eververse, which is 90% of what I get from there.

Posting in language:

• I broke down all my stuff from Tess and barely even got CLOSE to that number. Its all dependent on how much time you've had to play in the past.

Posting in language:

• Very true, since day 1 I’ve been a hoarder.

Posting in language:

• I'm the exact opposite. I dismantle anything and everything I don't intend to keep. My Vault is only one page lol And I've used Bright Dust in the past to reroll ghosts and things like that. (I have a combo detector for every planet, guess thats helping me now LOL).

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon