JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Vertigo: 7/12/2019 1:02:46 PM

Invisible Players and Weapons in Crucible

Over the past coupe of days I've been having issues in the Crucible where randomly, random weapons and players will disappear from the Crucible. By this, I mean no player models or weapons models will load into the game; it'll just show the warpy looking texture instead, essentially making whatever isn't loaded impossible to see. This makes Crucible practically unplayable, as I can't see my ADS sights, teammates, enemies, etc. How do I fix this? Is it a connectivity issue? Or something else? Cheers, Vertigo P.S The link I've put at the top of the post here is a clip of Crucible gameplay from my Twitter with the bug.
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Same thing happened to me too! I died once at the beginning of a match and they never showed up again:( but it was still kinda fun lol

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I'm guessing it's an unintended side effect of bounties completed in crucible not procing until the end of the match (a welcome change btw). Not calling the api to check bounties means also not calling the api on player/opponent gear change so they stay unloaded. Again, guessing. If anyone *from bungie* wants to confirm or school me I'm sure I'll learn something.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Edited by hach_dogs: 7/14/2019 1:00:52 AM
      It's frustrating but everyone suffers from this unplayable state, it seems to only occur partways through a match. But it's not like they can just put in a line of code to fix it, they have to make sure they find the corrupted strand and take it out without it affecting other lines of code so the game doesn't break even more. It just seems to be a side effect of the recent patch.

Posting in language:

• It's happening to me too, on PC. Just started this week. Never had an issue before.

Posting in language:

• http://prntscr.com/oekpn4 Same shit happening to me

Posting in language:

• Hi Vertigo, Thanks for your report. We are aware that this is occurring and are currently investigating.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • I just got this today. It was annoying but kinda fun. I had a bad juju, beloved and bane of sorrow in my loadout along with a full set of opulent armor. Not sure if that was the reason. Tried switching to different weapons to no avail.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • This happened to me the other day in quickplay as well, I thought it was just my internet bugging out.

Posting in language:

• Just had a match where multiple players were invisible. Only 1 other person I could see in the whole lobby and they were on my team. Umm wtf is going on

Posting in language:

• I've had the same issue, but I did notice that transferring an item from DIM ( from my vault into my inventory ) temporarily fixed it for the rest of the game. Not sure if it will but, hopefully this helps until they fix it.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon