JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: The reckoning is terrible
7/12/2019 11:27:27 AM
The Menagerie and The Reckoning are the result of two polar opposite design philosophies. The Menagerie is designed to be fun and rewarding. It designed to be in-line with the "power-fantasy" (wish to feel powerful) that drives most loot games and appeals to most loot-based RPG gamers. Its "challenge" comes from **mastery** of the content over time. (How fast and efficiently can you eventually come to running it.) Its why its been so widely praised by the community. The Reckoning is designed to be PUNISHING. It derives its difficulty from making the player feel weak (both in terms of damage done and number of enemies thrown at the player). Its designed to be very narrow in scope. That is there are very few ways to approach the content that offer a good likelihood of success. Its designed to punish failure harshly. Then the problem is compounded by the activity not being very rewarding in terms of loot either. Challenge is all about surviival....not mastery. Odds are----unless you are into Dark Souls games----you're not going to find The Reckoning very fun to play. Part of the problem with Destiny 2 has been the community wants more content like The Menagerie, but there is a contingent at Bungie that is hell-bent on pushing content like The Reckoning....and when ever they do, the community kind of stiff arms it. But the devs don't take the hint....and they just keep coming back with it.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I'd be fine with the way reckoning is as long as the loot is worth grinding for menagerie a easier mode has better loot drops than a statistically harder event like reckoning having hard challenges is fun but not rewarding your players for doing that event is just the mark of terrible loot

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Reckoning is challenging and takes team comp and synergy. It’s easy af and you and the rest of these snowflakes complaining will only accomplish bungie watering down the game so hard it will be unrecognizable. Just be better at the Game.

Posting in language:

• Reckoning isn’t challenging. Once you know what the formula is, it’s all about having the right builds, and chaining supers. I cleared Tier 3 this morning on 2 of 3 attempts. With randoms, and no communication. Of course, the fire team was two Warlocks running Well of Radiance and two Hunters running Nightstalker and Orpheus Rig. With the right build it’s relatively easy at this point. But without those builds and that team comp...it’s so ridiculously punishing that it’s almost impossible.

Posting in language:

• Edited by NigorosK: 7/13/2019 7:08:27 AM
    Bungie made reckoning, Activision made menagerie. As simple as that. How you compare reckoning with souls is literally out of my comprehension. Do you know that souls games are based on skill, not power? That level 0 hunters can beat anything in the game, sometimes faster and better than maxed players? Do you know how farming gems or weapons work in souls? I want your dope!

Posting in language:

• How many offensive remarks do I have to make for bungie to acknowledge this post? I'll break every conduct code they have if it means a slim chance that someone there will read this. I can make it real weird real quick in here if I have to.

Posting in language:

• I'm serious @bungie. I'm talking choir boys and giraffe afterbirth . Acknowledge this post. Last warning!

Posting in language:

• Acknowledge KellyGreen2 @ Bungie , #Bungie , click-click bloody click Bungie . DMG04 , I know you're out there. I will make pictures.

Posting in language:

• Very well said!

Posting in language:

• Only problem I have with the reckoning is the drops

Posting in language:

• The reckoning is for the big boys who aren't afraid to fail from time to time. The menagerie is a participation trophy for the soft and weak minded people... No wonder you like it.

Posting in language:

• You do know there is a heroic difficulty for menagerie right? That's for the "big boys" as you put it. Not to mention the content that has harsh failure should be much more rewarding when you complete it which reckoning is not.

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 7/12/2019 6:53:39 PM
    Or its for the people still young and insecure, and are looking to a video game to tell them who they are....what they are worth...and help them to feel like they are better (people) than someone else. As if. Life advice. 1. Never throw stones if you're standing in a glass house. You're liable to miss throwing them out. I'm not going to miss throwing them back. 2. Never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Posting in language:

• Yeah. Don’t get into a rock throwing fight with baseball players. 🤘⚾️🏆🚀

Posting in language:

• Word....

Posting in language:

• [quote]Or its for the people still young and insecure, and are looking to a video game to tell them who they are....what they are worth...and help them to feel like they are better (people) than someone else. As if. Life advice. 1. Never throw stones if you're standing in a glass house. You're liable to miss throwing them out. I'm not going to miss throwing them back. 2. Never bring a knife to a gunfight.[/quote] You have no idea how old I am so don't assume anything. You know what happens when you assume. Thanks for the life advice bud. Now go back playing in the little leagues and I'll keep swinging for the fences in the big leagues.

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 7/12/2019 7:11:16 PM
    The fact that you need to try to belittle others over something as trivial as a video game tells me all I need to know about your level of maturity. Or lack thereof. Glass. House. Stone. Really big mess.... Oh and as some who came from real sports? No one gives a shit how good you are unless they’re paying you. And they stop giving a shit when they can’t make money off you anymore.

Posting in language:

• [quote]The fact that you need to try to belittle others over something as trivial as a video game tells me all I need to know about your level of maturity.[/quote] Pot meet kettle.

Posting in language:

• Go bother someone else. The Grown Ups are talking. Muted.

Posting in language:

• [quote] Muted.[/quote] Hilarious, love it.

Posting in language:

• Reckoning was easy-ish if you used the exotics it was designed around. Then Bungie nerfed those exotics to hell and didn't tone down reckoning.

Posting in language:

• True

Posting in language:

• Agreed. It wasn't particular difficult. Just punishing and narrow.

Posting in language:

• I love the Reckoning. It was designed for Warlocks, and I appreciate that. You are wrong about the weapons though, they are just about all best in class.

Posting in language:

• Cant argue about the weapons, beacause the drop rates are so bad. I dont' care for the content because there is basically only one way to play it successfully, and---to me---that gets pretty dull, pretty quickly.

Posting in language:

• True, either I'm the well or I make sure someone else is. The most fun is with 4 warlocks. The success rate for me is close to perfect when there's 4 of us.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon