JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/12/2019 8:51:17 AM

A thought: Recluse

Soooo, we're all pretty sure this is getting a nerf, its an undoubtedly powerful weapon in both PvE and PvP BUT how about, instead of nerfing it, we work on making two variants of the gun The first variant would be earned via reaching fabled, its perks would be noticabley weaker than current recluse, probably a reduction in range and the ability to refresh Master at arms upon any kull would be disabled with this one But from there you can work towards legend rank and unlock the current version of recluse, name it something spider related..I dont really care Anyway, I'm sure the idea of recluse is split down the middle, but its just a thought..considering lunas howl has a more powerful variant which can be earned at legend (I say powerful but really its just a range increase..which in itself definitely makes the weapon better) I personally dont have lunas howl OR not forgotten, but its a quest I'd definitely like to complete as its a well thought out and straight forward quest. Anyway, ya.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Meh recluse players an keep being cheesy i was shutting down a few of em with chaperone yesterday. I hit ko those -blam!-.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • In general I don't like nerfing as a solution to the weapon balancing problems in this game. That being said, balancing IS a problem. There is always a meta in this game and right now, as a casual PvP player, I find it kind of irritating that the PvP pinnacle weapon meta is dominating PvP and PvE. It seems like every YouTube video I watch features recluse and mountaintop including guides for the CoS raid. I have already stopped playing PvP because quickplay had been taken over by the pinnacle weapon meta. Trophies for elite players is fine with me but pinnacle weapons shouldn't widen the skill gap. Recluse is just an example of a larger problem. There are so few viable weapons. The fact that the crucible pinnacle weapons are the meta right now just compounds the problem because they are so difficult for most players to get. When Ikelos SG was the best DPS option I felt like I had to use it all of the time. At least it was available to everyone albeit through rng. Don't nerf the "OP" weapons. Tune them down if necessary but tune other weapons up so that more weapons are viable. OP weapons are only labeled OP because so many other weapons are useless in comparison. They aren't necessarily OP. I would like to be able to use whatever weapons suit my play style or mood in that instance and not feel like I'm using a bb gun. Variety is a good thing. Isn't it?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Get a good calus mini tool or bug out bag with good rolls. I've used those before I got recluse. My bug out bag has hc, zen moment and multi kill clip. Its great in both pve and pvp.

Posting in language:

• There are better weapons out there. Recluse is used so often because people on youtube use it, so every kid who has unlocked it uses it. Once those youtubers change weapons, so will all the rest.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by PakOWulf: 7/15/2019 11:26:35 AM
          Recluse is literally just a legendary version of Huckleberry without the infinite ammo benefit. Huckleberry even does more damage since it's kinetic. But if you run Recluse, you get a free exotic slot for something else. That's the only reason I run Recluse over Huckleberry in pve. Cause Lord knows I suck ass with both of em in PvP.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • If someone kills you with recluse, keep your distance. Recluse is crippled at range.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I think Recluse will only get a PvE nerf. Think I’m PvP it is strong but not OP/ the only thing to use.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • GTFO. Stop with the "nerf everything because i don't have the skill to counter it".

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • But I already have the gun. What then? Does it get taken away and make me re grind for something I already have? I'm a little confused here.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • Think the point is not everyone is good enough to reach fabled. The players which are then take it in quickplay then make it unfair on players which are not good enough to earn it. The problem is that bungie can't balance for shit. I'm not good to earn the recluse and well done to anyone who earns it. They need buff other weapons though not nerf the recluse because some of us can't get it. For some reason bungie will end up nerfing it and then buff other weapons which will then make the recluse underpowered. When we say buff we actually want things buffed without nerfing other weapons.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                    • [quote]Soooo, we're all pretty sure this is getting a nerf[/quote] actually, no, we're not

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Well considering Bungie already axed Luna and Not Forgotten, which is basically the example you have for having a weaker and better version Recluse at Fabled and Legend, it's difficulty in acquisition means nothing. They'll just nerf both of em.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Putting a weapon (and catalyst) at legend rank has always been a bad idea.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon