JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: The reckoning is terrible
7/12/2019 8:10:26 AM
It's the stomp mechanic on the bridge. It's an utterly absurd and lazy game mechanic. We've be able to slay [b]multiple[/b] ostensibly immortal gods but some random yellow bar can effectively one-hit-kill us by stomping the ground? And this slam is so powerful that it's generating enough force to send us flying for hundreds of meters but doesn't alter the ground at all? It's some sort of magic force that somehow only acts on things perpendicular to its path? Reckoning lobbies would double overnight if Bungie removed stomp. Same goes for the push mechanic (E.g., ogre in ST, Sedia) and that stupid cabal shield slam.
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Just....punch as they stomp.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by epicN123: 7/14/2019 12:25:34 AM
    You still loose more than half your health...it can be hard to then get out of the way without getting shredded or stomped a second time if you're not a hunter. I run the liar's handshake + one-two punch + combination blow build for hunter so i get stomped a lot, but the only way to consistently get away from a boss after meleeing during the stomp is to use dodge. The other classes just can't rapidly move backwards fast enough to avoid getting finished off by the boss or a sniper ad.

Posting in language:

• That's what a well is for.

Posting in language:

• Edited by epicN123: 7/14/2019 12:36:12 AM
    That doesn't really solve the problem, you shouldn't make the well absolutely mandatory for any high-level activity, despite its usefullness. Bungie probably realized that after joker's wild, as shown with menagerie and heroic menagerie, where you can use things like banner shield and ward as valid alternatives. In any case, that's not even a valid solution in the first place because you're constantly changing positions on the bridge and new ultras regularly spawn in. You can't just rely on the well to save you from the stomp mechanic at every checkpoint, especially now that super-regen exotics have been nerfed.

Posting in language:

• Oh I agree it shouldn't be mandatory, that's just the way I've adapted.

Posting in language:

• I got stomped so far off the bridge this week I nearly made it to the sniper platforms! That would have been awesome though!

Posting in language:

• Oh man. Now this is all I'm going to do in Reckoning. Sorry, future fireteams.

Posting in language:

• I doubt it's actually possible but good luck regardless!

Posting in language:

• I understand the point of the stomp under normal circumstances. If larger enemies didnt have a stomp, people would just crouch in a circle around them and DPS them to death instantly. The stomp takes a bit of strategy to avoid, and lord knows we need a bit more strategy in this game.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I understand the point of the stomp under normal circumstances. If larger enemies didnt have a stomp, people would just crouch in a circle around them and DPS them to death instantly. The stomp takes a bit of strategy to avoid, and lord knows we need a bit more strategy in this game.[/quote] It would be great if they did something other than stomp. For example: 1) Being in melee range caused you to lose 15% of your super per second. 2) Being in melee range caused you to lose 15% of your energy and heavy ammo per second. 3) A randomly target player would lose 20% of life per second. 4) A randomly selected player would be instantly killed every 10-15 seconds in melee range. 5) A randomly selected player is teleported to the entrance to the room or area. 6) Boss will put up a forcefield when any player is in melee range.

Posting in language:

• 1/2) I dont agree with this. theres nothing more annoying than draining your energy, and it makes even LESS sense than a stomp imo. Maaaaybe it would work with Taken or Hive bosses but nobody else. 3) That would punish players for having idiot or melee-focused teammates. 4) Okay why do you consider a random instakill LESS annoying than a stomp? 5) What? WHAT? I dont understand at all. 6) that renders all melee attacks and swords useless. I wanna use my liar's handshake to punch bosses in the face.

Posting in language:

• That sounds interesting

Posting in language:

• Literally all of those are terrible ideas.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Literally all of those are terrible ideas.[/quote] And you literally have no ideas. Derp. Derp.

Posting in language:

• Because there’s no problem with the stomp mechanic.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Because there’s no problem with the stomp mechanic.[/quote] The mechanic itself isn’t the issue. It’s overused and boring is more my issue. I’d prefer something new. Hell even adding a boss to have the Wizard fog emanating out in melee range would be a nice change.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Literally all of those are terrible ideas.[/quote] I'm glad you said it.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]Literally all of those are terrible ideas.[/quote] I'm glad you said it.[/quote] So glad for you. Also glad you gave some original thought. 😂

Posting in language:

• But are you glad tho?

Posting in language:

• [quote]But are you glad tho?[/quote] I literally lied. 😂 But at least I’m able to give my own thoughts rather than parrot. What ideas do you have about replacing the stomp mechanic with something that gives variety and a drawback to being so close. Also do it in 90 seconds which was literally how long it took me to think and write my ideas?

Posting in language:

• Lied? You mean you were being sarcastic. 😂 It's not parroting, he said what I was going to say so why make another comment about how horrible those ideas were? I don't have a problem with the stomp mechanic so I don't see why I should bother coming up with new ideas.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Lied? You mean you were being sarcastic. 😂 It's not parroting, he said what I was going to say so why make another comment about how horrible those ideas were? I don't have a problem with the stomp mechanic so I don't see why I should bother coming up with new ideas.[/quote] Well that is what we do on here. 😝 Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. I think your opinion of stomp is horrible. Your view of my view is horrible. Still a parrot because you could have said your own opinion. But let’s be glad together. 😉

Posting in language:

• How tight is yours

Posting in language:

• Okay then, I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it. Because I happen to have the same opinion as someone that makes me a parrot? Doesn't that make us all parrots tho? 😐

Posting in language:

• [quote]Okay then, I don't know why you're getting so defensive about it. Because I happen to have the same opinion as someone that makes me a parrot? Doesn't that make us all parrots tho? 😐[/quote] Lol. I’m just joking back. I thought we were being funny and sarcastic. You call my ideas horrible and I call you parrot. Just teasing. 😆 don’t read much into it. Hard to show intent via text as we don’t have voice tone or facial expression. On a serious note I don’t have an issue with stomp mechanic. I just wish we had variety. I think an easy element they could add to a boss is the Wizard fog can emanate in melee range from a boss. Just feels like stomp is boring to me. Easy to counter or just avoid.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon