JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by BAR757: 7/12/2019 3:27:34 PM
BAR757

When people leave your comp match please don’t take away glory

It just hurts. So much. And when your put into a match when your team only has three people and the enemy has 4
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Golden: 7/13/2019 10:11:41 PM
    They should have this thing like in Overwatch where someone leaves within X amount of time, the match is cancelled and both parties don’t lose Glory Double the penalty for those who leave mid game, and harsher punishments

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Thanks, will put this with the other 300 requests regarding this problem.

Posting in language:

Just remove the loss penalty, but still have a penalty for leaving. Most people still won't hit Legend because you still need to win and people will be incentivised to actually stay in matches so they don't lose points.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
    • I don’t think sooo.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • I just got hit with the stupid ass glitch that forces you to spectate in countdown during a game I know I could have won. There are too many issues with comp that result in auto losses to justify the point loss.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • So then if youre about to lose, just have a teammate leave, and noone loses points? Sounds like your suggestion couldnt be abused at all.

Posting in language:

• My son and I are trying to acquire the Revoker and we had a team of two bail on us half-way through a match. All you can do is report them. It sucks losing Glory when you lose a fair fight, when you have teammates leave, it’s worse. There’s always a chance at a comeback. Synergy with random players can sometimes take a little time, but it can happen.

Posting in language:

• This could only work in a perfect world. People would exploit it which would take the skill out of comp.

Posting in language:

• Remove the loss penalty. It fixes the problem.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
          • I need to find a few people who play destiny frequently to PvP with me and a friend! We don’t have a solid 4 stack and I’m sick to death of people leaving half way through the match... it happens every time even when we’re winning.

Posting in language:

• Oh yeah true so if it's a 4v4 and your team is getting stomped and is about to lose, just leave the fireteam and boom, you saved yourself from losing glory points. Seems legit

Posting in language:

• The problem with this is let's say you are in a team of 4 or even 2...1 person can leave so the rest doesn't get a lose. You know

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • A couple days ago me and my mate were flying into a comp match. Me and my bud noticed there was only 6 of use flying into a match. (A team of three and a solo, then us the duo) so we thought, cool 3v3 should be fun. Nope. It was 2v4, the team of three got the random :/

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Until Destiny 2 gets dedicated servers (or until the Stadia version comes out), they should just make it so you get more Glory if the match starts and ends with the same people in the match, and when that happens, both winners and losers get Glory (the winners get more). That may not prevent DDoSing, but it would certainly help promote more positive game play without cheating by incentivizing _not_ DDoSing or rage-quitting. Once we get dedicated servers, _then_ they can institute a more proper Competitive system (i.e. bring back Trials in a better form) where people's true skill levels are taken into account. That may not prevent carries and account recoveries, but it will at least be a system which can no longer be cheated via lag switches and DDoSing (barring any unforeseen Ubisoft-like screw-ups like having in-game VOIP run on peer-to-peer and thus leave 'Division 2' vulnerable to DDoSing despite running on dedicated servers :P). Right now, there is no purpose to 'Competitive' in a game where network manipulation, stat padding, drophacking, DDoSing are all par for the course, so might as well at least make it fun. :P https://www.shacknews.com/article/109813/the-division-2-shows-your-public-ip-to-others-by-default

Posting in language:

• Got error code currant in orbit and lost a streak and glory ships didn’t even move. It would be nice to not get punished on error codes for sure. What you are asking is tough since losing teams would just have someone quit. What’s the point of error codes if it doesn’t properly identify to the game what happened?

Posting in language:

• Go. In. With. A. Team. You are literally on an app/site with a fireteam finder on it. If you don't want to talk to anyone, simply put "comp, no mic," and that's it.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • I'm curious why so many people care more about people 'exploiting' a stat loss prevention system, rather than the more pressing issue of people getting DDoSed out of the game and not only having to take the loss, but also get the 'quitting penalty' while getting accused by teammates of 'rage-quitting'. https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/355113-bungies-response-destiny-2s-ddos-attacks-angered-community

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Some kind of safeguard has to be put in place. I see the argument against this is ''someone will leave the other team so the team won't lose points'' I'd rather have that than what we currently have plus the winning team would still get the points so it doesn't matter. The bigger issue for me is losing after going positive and losing glory is beyond stupid for a game mode where ''performance is how you move up here''. Comp should be run on a points system where you get a awarded for playing the objective rather than the result being the sole qualifier if you get points or not.

Posting in language:

• [quote]It just hurts. So much.[/quote] Then people would just leave so glory doesn't get removed lol. Dont play comp solo dingus

Posting in language:

42 Replies
                    • This again🤔

Posting in language:

• [quote][b]"Bungie’s response to cheaters plaguing Destiny 2 with DDOS attacks has angered the game’s community, with the relatively light punishments reportedly being handed out to those playing unfairly in the Trials of the Nine raising the ire of its players. Destiny‘s PvP suffered from similar issues in the original game, with its Trials of Osiris competitive mode being the target of cheaters using DDOS attacks to cause opponents to lag out of their matches, thus granting them an automatic victory. Destiny 2‘s DDOS attacks have seen cheaters taking advantage of its lack of dedicated servers, making use of its peer-to-peer connecting by finding out their rivals’ IP addresses and flooding their connection with packets of useless data, forcing them to be booted off the game."[/b][/quote] Read more at https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/355113-bungies-response-destiny-2s-ddos-attacks-angered-community#mZe3F7vkOz8wXZCU.99

Posting in language:

• It's ridiculous because most of the time, it's not even the players on your team who 'rage-quit', they were the better players on your team of randos who got DDoSed due to the nature of Destiny 2's peer-to-peer networking. I've gotten DDoSed out of Comp matches just for killing two opponents in a row (my internet went out for _exactly_ the length of an average Comp match, i.e. 10 minutes), which is why I started playing D2 through a VPN service. https://www.pcgamer.com/the-strange-science-of-destiny-2s-uniquely-complicated-netcode/

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Personally I think they should just lower the amount of Glory rank lost altogether. If they implemented a system that didn't punish for lost players, it would be exploited in an instant. However as it stands, it can be heart wrenching when a guy on your team just disappears into the void, then you get a train run on you for the next X amount of time, and then lose a huge chunk of glory. Yeah, been there on numerous occasions. Damn near put me in the hospital.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Lol i was playing comp. But on survival after the 1st round i couldnt respawn

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                          • just played a 2v4 match and guess what the outcome was. we lost and I lost glory again

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Then it would happen with most losing teams. It's not doable. Losing? Someone would just leave. Remove the loss penalty altogether. This is the best solution in my not so humble opinion.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon