JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.
7/11/2019 5:49:18 PM

How did you choose a main(s) for Smash Ultimate.

A character you’ve played the game of and like

Chosen by how well you can use the fighter

Haven’t played the game they’re from but find them cool

Other

Topic body
English
#Offtopic

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I haven’t played the new one. But I chose my main when I walked into the game room at my nearby youth center and played my first game of smash. One of the guys was using Ganondorf and KO’D someone with a Warlock Punch. I immediately fell in love with that character and have Mained him since and I got really good with him on the WiiU version. Once I get my hands on ultimate you scrubs are all dead 😎

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Ronin: 7/12/2019 8:02:01 PM
    [quote]All of them at once, I suppose.[/quote] In all honesty, it depends. I’ve been playing Sheik since Melee, and I ain’t putting her down yet. I know people say she can’t get kills anymore, but she just got a whole lot harder to use. She’s still just as good as ever, if you can keep up. I started playing her on a dare from a friend, and I instantly fell in love with her play style. Link is a different story. He was my first main, though I’ve recently slowed down on him. I mostly played him because I loved Twilight Princess, and his up smash destroyed. It still does, actually. I recently started playing Cloud more and more because I’ve rekindled my love of Final Fantasy, and his moveset and play style are just fun. Robin was another character I played on a dare - and thus commenced the Thoron spam in giant group battles (yes, I’m that guy. And it is too much fun.).

Posting in language:

• Either how OP their combos are or how hot they are.

Posting in language:

• King k rool is king

Posting in language:

• Edited by cRaZyT101: 7/12/2019 12:17:54 AM
    I liked Marth but I was told Lucinia was faster.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • For some reason I always played toon link, I kinda like him, not directly his moves but him as an individual, other than that I like greninja and shulk

Posting in language:

• Been playing as Fox since the 64 version of Smash Bros. Mostly because he’s quick.

Posting in language:

• I main cloud

Posting in language:

• My name is Robert and I once misspelled it as Robot, I saw ROB and decided to pick him as a joke. ended up liking his moves.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DŪMBLÉDÖÖR: 7/12/2019 2:22:11 AM
      DŪMBLÉDÖÖR
      DŪMBLÉDÖÖR

Have a jelly-filled donut 🍙 - old

My mains were as follows: [b] Sheik[/b] Why I started: She’s an acrobatic ninja lady. Why I stopped: Her moveset didn’t really mesh with how I wanted to play. [b]Lucas[/b] Why I started: I like PK freeze, as it is a faster, arguably more useful version of Ness’s PK spark. Why I stopped: I stopped playing Smash for a while because I got a Xbox and later a Switch. [b]Marth[/b] Why I started: He was one of the only characters I had unlocked in Ultimate. Why I stopped: I was able to use Lucas again. [b]Lucas (again)[/b] Why I started: I unlocked him in World of Light. Why I stopped: I realized that people hate Lucas and those who main him with a burning passion. [b]Incineroar[/b] Why I started: He wasn’t Lucas and I liked his moveset. I kinda wish Decidueye was added instead. Why I stopped: IDK And my current main: [b]Greninja[/b] Why I started: I saw how badass Greninja was in the anime and became my new second favorite Pokemon (after Wooloo). Why I will (probably) stop: I will find a character I like more.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
      • A little of both 1 and 2. I started with Link and his variants because I'm a huge Zelda fan. Later, Samus just kinda came naturally to me, but that was before I got into Metroid.

Posting in language:

• Still need to get a switch, but it depends, I play a lot of characters. Ike, Cloud, lots of the other Fire Emblem characters

Posting in language:

• I didn’t choose dedede, dedede chose me

Posting in language:

• I've only played Sonic and Lucario, on my friend's console. I'm a big Sonic fan, dunno why I picked Lucario though.

Posting in language:

• Me and Mr. Game and Watch first met back in the brawl days. We share a bond, a mental link. He senses my brainwaves to act in game almost instinctively. He will always be my main so long as the games continue to feature him

Posting in language:

• I just liked how Ridley plays, though I’m trying to find a second main because some match ups are too hard as Ridley since he’s so big and gets combo’d easily by small/fast characters.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • Easy! I mainly don’t play it! 😂🤣😂 [spoiler]I crack myself up![/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Gannon/Snake main here, only have played ocarina and never a snake game so.

Posting in language:

• Joker and Cloud main to the end. Don’t have a Switch tho.

Posting in language:

• ... I don't have a Switch, I considered getting it instead of the Xbox but realized I know no one on Switch and I'd only play smash anyways... [spoiler]not included in the DLC[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Epicperon
            Epicperon

We all need A-10 Warthogs in our lives - old

Someone that I’m both good with and that I like playing.

Posting in language:

• I just kinda continued with who I played from 4

Posting in language:

• I used to be a shiek main in Melee, but when one of my friends showed me a video of what King K Rool can do, I started to main him. Now I’m god tier King K Rool for life.

Posting in language:

• I played as pretty much everyone, and usually settled on my mains as a combination of recognition & skill level. Currently, it’s Zelda.

Posting in language:

LordFord
            LordFord

Returning from my crusade, still alone - old

Chose Ice Climbers because they were fun to use. Even if I was getting my butt handed to me.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon