JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/11/2019 3:24:48 PM

Tribute Hall Free Rewards Glitch

There is currently a bug in the tribute hall which allows player who have yet to open the doors to get all 50 tribute counts without spending any glimmer, materials, or bright dust. Great for them, but for those of us who have been pouring resources into this and grinding for hours, it's sickening. Please patch this now.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Nah__G: 7/17/2019 11:38:44 PM
    Hôes mad

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by FellRagnarok: 7/13/2019 6:28:41 PM
    Mom! The hoés are mad again!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      We are currently investigating this issue.

Posting in language:

234 Replies
      • I can’t imagine Bungie reversing this after not reversing the “Enhancement Core” glitch. If anything I’m nothing more than mildly jealous of those that were aware of, and took advantage of, both glitches. I’ve taken advantage of several other D2 glitches in the past and can’t be pissed off about this with a straight face.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • I already worked hard to get it in Destiny 1 so going to orbit 50 times was stupid but hey better than spending materials! Took me an hour to get everything (weapon, catalyst and emote) I wouldn't have known about the glitch if it wasn't for this post so thanks! Lol

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • To me there are two sides to cheesy things. Side one is items that people work for in skilled activities where you really have to try and fight for a reward. Someone who cheats into that I feel like cheapens the experience for those who really hone their skill to get the reward. The completion and reward really have a sense of accomplishment. That, in my mind, is a cheese worth repercussions. Side two is more in line with this cheese. There is no skill involved, just arbitrary time consuming grinding. There is no sense of overcoming the odds and really feeling accomplished about the feat you just pulled off to get this reward. Players who take the easy route to get this item shouldn't be punished for efficiency. I would say that especially shouldn't apply to players who have tight schedules that don't have time to hop on everyday for nearly a month to build up the discount. As for players who blew all of their mats while others didn't and want a refund, I think they have to understand life is about choices and investments. How you invest your time and resources. Unfortunately, not all investments work out the way you want. Stock prices plummet and relationships fail. You have to live and move on with your choices. My thoughts, anyhow.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • What exactly is sickening about this? It's a glitch in a video game, and you're just jelly and spiteful.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • 😂 At the hypocritical losers who are up in arms over this yet we're opening multiple chests per menagerie run last week. This community truly is pathetic.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                • You know what’s sickening? A grown ass man crying on forums about a video game...

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Speck311: 7/12/2019 4:01:25 PM
                    Stop grinding for hours and doing videogame chores. Problem solved. Games are supposed to be fun to play. Make Bungle come up with actual fun content without recycled guns we already had. Why would you waste your time on that hamster wheel? This shit was not worth the time to do even *with* the glitch.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                    • So many people being salty in here because they can't do the glitch. That [i]is[/i] the reason for this collective hissy fit. [b]You're not fooling anybody[/b]. 😬

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • I'm down with bungie removing the gun from everybody who did the cheese and taking away all progress on catalyst or hall.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                        • And please revoke the bad juju from these players who used the cheese.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • Guess from now on the real key is just sit back and not jump in and play so you can wait for the glitches to go public....

Posting in language:

• "If anyone on here has taken money they found on the ground, as low as 5 dollars, they deserve all of their money being stripped because they didn't work for it." That is seriously how you people sound.

Posting in language:

• [quote]There is currently a bug in the tribute hall which allows player who have yet to open the doors to get all 50 tribute counts without spending any glimmer, materials, or bright dust. Great for them, but for those of us who have been pouring resources into this and grinding for hours, it's sickening. Please patch this now.[/quote] I honestly don't even want to participate in this year's moment of triumphs because it is all based around spending materials! I thought moment of triumphs was about what we have done through out the year not how many materials were willing to gather up... I have the last two shirts from the previous moments of triumph guess I won't be getting this year's! This was very poorly managed and very poorly implemented!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • People who whine about cheeses in video games just need to stop. If the avenue is there to earn something quicker, you can't fault people for going the easy route. Blame Bungie for not thoroughly playtesting.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                              • 🎻🧀

Posting in language:

• Edited by BegFourMercy: 7/11/2019 8:59:56 PM
                                Ban them all. Or give it to people doing it for real and all resources back.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                                • Edited by GMDeece7: 7/12/2019 8:22:58 PM
                                  Let me make something unfortunately rather clear here. Do you know the people who first discovered it and brought it to life? Streamers... They have exploited this wholeheartedly and shared it with their audiences for views. With this mentality in mind, plenty of the people in this lobby are asking for punishment (just as a FYI, I’m remaining neutral in this debate. These posts have become rather infamous...) to the people who exploited it. Unfortunately, the fact that this was revealed to the public by streamers, means it’s VERY UNLIKELY that they’ll take action to punish players that did it. If they do, they’ll have to punish several streamers heavily, as there is literally evidence on YouTube of it, which means bungie would greatly lose fans, regardless of whether it was right or wrong. To be honest, if your a streamer, you could VERY EASILY get away with hacking and modifying your game if your relatively recognized on it. Bungie wouldn’t dare ban you if you had an entire list of potential buyers at stake, or people willing to give up on destiny just for “screwing our streamer.” While bungie can be blamed for not properly testing their game, another side of the spectrum has to give as much blame to those who shed light on the glitch itself. Something for everyone to think about.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                  • Hopefully they reverse the cheese for everyone that did it.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                                    • I will be abusing the -blam!- out of this glitch when I log on in a bit. Fight me.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                      • Lol imma cheese it 🤗🤗

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                        • Hopefully Bungie put a lock out on Bad Juju. So if you have Bad Juju, you need to have 16 tributes placed. If you have Bad Juju with its Catalyst then you need 45 tributes placed. If you don't then you can't use said gun until you do.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                          • If you used this glitch, you deserve to be stripped of all shards, materials and bright dust. Play the damn game as intended, or don't play!

Posting in language:

25 Replies
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                                            ;
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon