JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/11/2019 8:39:10 AM

"OOPS! You left a Gambit match." But I didn't

I don't understand why I get penalized for getting kicked out of a Gambit match. I didn't change character, hold (Y) to go to orbit, or just shut the game down. I get kicked by your servers for "beet" reasons and it's somehow my fault. I don't think so. Find fix ASAP

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Maybe a potential fix lies in making a separate flag for potential disconnection errors? For example, you get kicked from an ongoing match, yes you get flagged, but you get that penalty removed if you rejoin the match you left.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Just happened to me while loading into the next match. Was browsing my character menu when it informed me I was returned to orbit. Cancelled out of all my menus and it gave me the oops message. 🥴

Posting in language:

• Ya the other day in comp I accidentally left matchmaking and it said I left before the game ended, umm... it didn't even start in the first place ?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • I got kicked out of a Gambit Prime match as I was unleashing unlimited power--stormtrance--and got a bird error. The game literally gave me the bird.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • It's been going on for years they don't care about you and they don't care about me

Posting in language:

• The p2p getting matched with people from other countries is why I never bothered with any of the pinnacle crucible pinnacle weapons. I play on business internet and have a type 1 NAT on my ps4 and get error codes somewhat after being returned to orbit regularly if I don't play peak hours for my area. If I play during peak hours I never get returned to orbit during a match. The warnings that irritate me the most is when matchmaking takes 5+ minutes and is stuck at 7/8 so I leave matchmaking to que again because I know something isn't right, just to get a "you left a match" warning. Seriously? How is leaving matchmaking leaving a game? This is not my internet. This is getting matched with foreign countries where the host is in a foreign country and my connection just happens to have too much latency while connected to the host. I can be connected to anyone in the NA continent and not have issues, but once I'm connected to someone from Europe, Asia, or any of the other countries that are on the other side of an ocean the zoo codes begin. When I play on PC, I almost never have an issue since blizzard is regional. I don't know how bad the zoo codes are on xbox, but I also think some of the fault in ps4 is psn. There are several games that I play on both PC and ps4 that the connectivity issues I have on ps4 are almost non existent on PC.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • I get it all the time, eventually you'll get timed out

Posting in language:

• It is likely a bad connection on your part. I don’t remember the last time I was kicked from a match... if ever.

Posting in language:

• I feel your pain. I like Gambit, it’s fun, and I get beet error. So I feel so much better now: Knowing that it’s just not me getting the “beet” ... I think players are using some kind of bot to kick out other players or lag them out of Gambit. Beet doesn’t happen in any other activity, flawless experience within everywhere-else in Destiny. The worse result is when you get a Gambit Suspension when it wasn’t your fault. I think the Suspension Feature should be placed on hold until the Gambit beet issue is resolved or a patch is placed—so we can keep on trying to log in, if beet happens.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • bump

Posting in language:

• Similar topic with comp but more in the sense of how unforgiving it is to factors out of the player's control. Bungie will give you two losses if you lose connection or if your game crashes and gives you no opportunity to reconnect. It's pretty disappointing considering most competitive based game types in other games allow for reconnection instead of punishing you for something you have no control over. Even more disappointing considering the fact that it affects COMPETITVE, where everyone is grinding for fabled or legend and has to deal with a rather stupid setback merely because Bungie doesn't pay any attention to the matter it seems, and if they are, they don't seem to be doing a very good job at it.

Posting in language:

• [quote][b][i]A fundamental flaw of any peer-to-peer network model is that it reveals your IP address to every player you meet in PvE or PvP. When we have a look at the connections Destiny 2 established in one of my 4v4 Crucible matches, we can see three Bungie servers located in the USA, one Limelight Server located in the UK, one Blizzard Server located in the UK and the other seven players located in France, Germany and Turkey. Peer-to-peer IPs By revealing the IP address of these players, the game makes it very easy to find out the country and city/town where they live. So, I can then block or throttle the traffic between my client and theirs, or I could launch a DDOS attack to affect their online experience—something streamers have to deal with on a regular basis, and has resulted in persistent problems with the relatively high stakes PvP mode Trials of the Nine. Bungie issued a swathe of two-week bans to DDOSers recently, but the attacks keep coming. Security and hacking "Never trust the client" is a saying you'll hear often from developers who work on multiplayer games. When you let the client take care of sensitive tasks like hit registration, then this makes it a lot harder to protect your game from hacks. Bungie faces this problem with the peer-to-peer network model in Destiny 2. To shield the game from hacks on PC, Bungie is preventing applications from injecting code into the game. The downside of this measure is that this also blocks any and all applications that provide an in-game overlay like MSI Afterburner, RTSS or Discord. It also blocks apps used for streaming or gameplay recording like DxTory, and OBS when you try to use the game capture mode. Despite these efforts, which harm legitimate players, hacks still exist for Destiny 2.[/i][/b][/quote]

Posting in language:

• If they want to punish people for leaving matches for any reason they need to take care of the massive AFK player problem this game has.

Posting in language:

• That’s my issue. The game knows when I hold a prompt to return to orbit, yet still can’t tell if I disconnect or manually quit. Amazing

Posting in language:

• I've even been kicked out of my own fireteam with friends to make room for a random player whilst flying in before and then given a warning about leaving! It's hilarious 😂

Posting in language:

• There should be one get out of jail free card per day. We've all been babooned enough to know that people that leave Gambit don't always mean to. It sucks when you're trying to do something specific and have to go do something else for fifteen minutes because if something completely out of your control.

Posting in language:

• Punishment for leaving matches is just stupid. Especially with how bungies servers are. I had the same thing happen too, got guitared 3 matches in a row and bam, 30min ban. Been banned twice from comp for leaving but that was my choice. Im not 3v4ing a 4 stack. Everytime i get into a 3v4 it ends up with just me and 1 other guy cause the other leaves. Punishment for leaving any match is just stupid and pointless especially with how terrible the MM system is right now especially in comp.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
            • Edited by COMBATICUS: 7/12/2019 11:37:54 PM
              Bro it did the same thing for me on comp, twice and lost all that reward I worked so hard over the week, 2 effin times man, ship got ready to leave to the activity and before the ship starts moving, oops sorry you left the match, got me so mad, ef you bungie. seriously. From the bottom of my heart man, I hope you guys fail as developers. All that hard work to raise my damn glory just to get to fabled once, just damn once. And lost a crap load for those 2 Q ups

Posting in language:

• Bump. This happens to me at least once or twice a week and it's ridiculous. My internet connection is just fine for every other multiplayer game I play so the consistent "beet" error isn't through fault on my end Bungie and I shouldn't be penalized for getting kicked from your crappy server.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • It sucks when you got 4 straight wins and they put you in a match with your team already down 1 win you lose and it resets back to 0 wins 🤬

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  XXIIBUDDYIIXX
                  XXIIBUDDYIIXX

LFG for Recluse fabled - old

I get guitared so over bungles servers

Posting in language:

• Oops, everyone thought Destiny would be better with an independent Bungie..... but it's worse lol [spoiler]I saw this coming [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • People honestly think penalties will do anything? Until rewards from activities with matchmaking become [i]individual progress[/i] oriented, nothing will change.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • Same thing for Comp, you get punished for their servers being so trash. It's ridiculous as well because it can generate an error code, but can't tell the difference between getting an error and manually leaving... Even better in comp where you'll get punished for getting DDOS'd and kicked lol. Rewards cheaters twice over.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Happens to me every day. The first gambit match i do for that day. I match up, go to ships flying into game and then immediately error coded. Get the "oops..." etc. Then the next match loads perfectly. Same thing happened to my friend when we played today and yesterday game starts and hes kicked.

Posting in language:

• I'm left to wonder if you even get punished for leaving gambit matches at this point. I rarely leave any activity in progress but i remember a while back i left multiple matches in the span of a couple hour due to terrible randoms and not getting progress towards what i was working on. Never got a gambit ban. Yet i got a 30 minute ban from leaving a comp match where we were down a player and had another afk. A ban after a single match. Only had an error code a day earlier but other than that those were the only two matches i had ever left early.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon