JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/10/2019 6:48:40 PM
dmg04

Forum Feedback

Hey all, Pinning this to the Destiny 2 forum, as I'm currently looking through some feedback on our forums and structure. I recently did a quick tweet asking players who may not visit the forums here on Bungie.net some questions, as I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community. Now, I'm looking for feedback from those who are on here more frequently, namely you! This isn't a question of what we can do better in terms of making in-game changes to Destiny 2. My goals here are to get some thoughts from you on the current state of our forums. If you could answer the following, it'd be much appreciated. [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote]
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• How about the clan section adding a platform selection tab? Seems like something that should've been a thing already

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Be in touch with the community. That's all.

Posting in language:

• Edited by UnFaize: 7/12/2019 6:36:51 AM
    Bungie pls. Pls watch..... https://youtu.be/QXfAO029CSI

Posting in language:

• Get rid of the "All" tab on the forums all together and keep everything compartmentalized. I.e. Feedback for Feedback; Bugs for Bugs; etc. Currently you hit the All tab and you run into a smorgasbord of topics. It's very convoluted and unnecessary--especially when trying to see good feedback/important bug reports amongst an ocean of "Nerf this", "This game is dead," "Bye I'm leaving" posts.

Posting in language:

• Edited by AlieN_x_HuMaN: 7/12/2019 6:34:02 AM
    [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] This got really lengthy, so I have included headers.. [b]INTRO[/b] As Im sure you're aware, Im on here a lot. 2 accounts so this one doesnt reflect the longevity. Obviously I really enjoy Destiny, and over the years Ive had a lot of fun on this forum. Unfortunately I was too late with my first trending post to receive the emblem. Remember that? I mainly stop by because it feels familiar. Common interest amongst people who come here to express their feelings about stuff and things. So I guess that's what's most important for me^ I dont use Twitter. I do watch youtube, but I do not use it as a social platform to engage with others. [b]BNG vs REDDIT[/b] I will say that recently I have been on Reddit more. I think maybe because of the broader diversity which breaks up the monotony of seeing the same 20 people posting all over the place. Again, as Im sure you're aware, there are about 20-25 people here who make the most comments and are the most recognizable names on this forum, but they dont have advice..they have opinions. And if it's the same 20 people then well we all know their opinion... [b]MANY JADED OPINIONS HERE[/b] I do have to say, and Im sorry.., there are a lot of more casual players here on this forum who think they arent casuals.. That definitely plays a factor. If i want real knowledge about the game, I will never come here because that knowledge is simply not here. Maybe you create a forum space for advanced players, but then you run the risk of alienating those others, but maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe theyll get over it.. There ARE knowledgeable players on this forum, but it is very rare to see an informative post about anything, and when there is one, it is quickly taken over by what Ive already described. [b]TOO MUCH MODERATION[/b] Another fairly large factor here is moderation. There is too much moderation here. Reddit you can curse, tell D jokes, whatever goes. Here I get temp banned for calling some one a nerd. Nobody enjoys being moderated to the point where you cant even say nerd... We ALL curse and we pretty much all think alike. So trying to fit all these personalities into a PG rated video game forum for grown men is just well...I guess that's what brought you to ask for feedback... As an experiment, try listening to a raid party chat for an hour, and then put that in the context of the BNG forum moderation. Haha Im laughing at the contrast as I type this. Edit: to be clear, I do think there needs to in fact be MORE moderation in the form of removing pointless posts and rages, trolls, etc quickly. Reddit does this and it works. [b]HISTORY OF THE FORUMS[/b] Thinking 'out loud' it's an interesting history with this forum. At first [b]all[/b] of us were here. Then it became divided with elitist vs casual and then more divided with pvp vs pve. Then with the mass exodus at D2 launch, so many people left the game and the forums. The BNG forums became just a place to troll and rag on BNG for this and that. Now that people are starting to return and enjoy the game again, I think they were turned away from bng forums due to negativity and went to reddit. It's tough because when people find a home, they dont want to leave. [b]A REASON TO BE HERE[/b] I think maybe you need to revert back to offering in game rewards for being a member of the BNG forums, active member, star member, sherpa, whatever. Give us a reason to come here vs reddit or other. Maybe not emblems, but maybe badges? Like in game badges for certain things done to assist in your goals for this forum. Would be cool to be recognized as a longstanding community member/leader with an in game icon or badge that is noticeable to others. Maybe have forum nominations where the community votes and recognizes. Man that would be really cool. I doubt I would ever remove that badge if I ever got that in game. Hopefully you get what Im saying here. [b]ADDITION EDIT: BNG DEVS[/b] Been reading a lot of the responses here. I agree with the consensus that the devopers of Destiny NEVER speak to us outside of a vidoc. We only hear 'we will tell the team' ..who's the team? Are they afraid of us? Are they so reclusive that they cant hold a normal conversation? Are they chained up in the basement and not allowed to speak? It's weird man.. [b]HOPE THAT HELPS[/b] Hope that helps :)

Posting in language:

• Edited by cRaZyT101: 7/11/2019 12:39:28 PM
    1) Community bonding for a lack of a better term. What Bungie did with Halo 3 for example, where multiple teams of employees would go into a matchmaking playlist and teams who beat them earned the desired Recon armor. Something like that. Throughout my time here since Destiny's release, the most consistent complaint I see is silence from employees. I understand that you guys cannot answer everything- however participating with the community can go a long way. I know you know that. 2) I do find myself actively browsing this website via mobile and on desktop. I do not use the app, however. 3) Stricter ninja presence. I've noticed that ninjas have been getting more active lately (at least in Offtopic), however I feel there needs to be a better handle on the Destiny forums at large. Everytime, and I mean [b]every[/b] time, I go to Destiny-related forums on this site they are a toxic cesspool of hate. Users constantly complaining, from rewards to nerfs to Titles to fusion cores to streamers to pins. It is unbelievable the amount of disrespect that users get away with. How can there be any meaningful discussion when the community's meta is defined by hating you, and drowning anything that isn't hate or about the hate? Bungie.net has a reputation I'm afraid- a very bad one. New users won't participate in a hateful community, and people who lurk before making an account to participate may not know about muting. I've seen what kind of responses are generated from your replies, from Cozmo's, and from Deej's. Do you honestly think people that see such hateful rhetoric towards the Bungie.net staff- which I think often goes unpunished just from what I see- is going to participate in anything other than continuing that rhetoric?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by Danikcus: 7/15/2019 8:13:51 AM
      [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] 1. What I find most important in my browsing experience, is content I prefer, so as not to waste time on content I do not prefer. 2. I find Social Media somewhat more engaging than the forum, mostly due to the creator-consumer structure; it lends itself to being more social than antisocial by design. However, I still appreciate this forum and most forums. 3. One change that could improve the forum is the ability to subscribe to writers or hashtags to help aggregate preferred content. Right now, the forum reads like a phone book or a Craig’s list. Subscriptions could alleviate some of the unfocused experience by focusing on preferred content. Subscriptions to writers could also increase community engagement by encouraging quality content versus sensational content.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Remove the blanket ban from naming a shaming so that community can see the cheaters.

Posting in language:

• I wish the raid section of the find a fireteam had sub sections for each of the raids. One's post gets lost in the shuffle after a couple minutes of being posted. It'd be nice not to wade through a bunch check of scourge and last wish post when trying to find a group for Crown. :-) lfg.com had this feature and it was great. Also more room to add descriptions would be nice.

Posting in language:

• They need to free you CMs up to talk to us more, and not keep you on so short of a leash. The devs need to come out of their offices and talk to the community more. Some of them are out of touch with how this game is actually played in the community. Their data tells them [i]what [/i] is happening, but very little about [i]why[/i] it’s happening.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I stopped significantly after we were ignored during the #removeeververse movement. For awhile, there was absolute zero engagement from devs. This is the official forum of the developers, and they or the community managers can't answer questions on here? It was sad

Posting in language:

• Perhaps when Deej, Cozmo, the various dev teams, and yourself start actually ENGAGING with the forum community it will become relevant again. Your own post showed what YOU think of your own forum as you went to twitter FIRST. There is a direct correlation between the player activity in your game and the player activity in the forum. To put it bluntly, when you (Bungie) begin to actually communicate via the forum then those who are left may return here and participate. The current state of the Bungie.net forum is YOUR fault, not the forum users. Try looking in the mirror.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          • Add matchmaking for NF's... I guess we're asking Bungie to listen?

Posting in language:

• Edited by JayP: 7/12/2019 5:06:58 AM
            • What do you find most important to your browsing experience? Satirical memes A salt:appreciation ratio of 80:20 • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? Where do I go for accurate and concise destiny information you ask? That’s EASY! My browser homepage is Rick Khakis’ YouTube channel. I’m sorry DMG, but it’ll be hard for any other platform to measure up. • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement? Bring the community together with more positive things to post about. Provide us with frequent SWEEPING changes to the sandbox, indiscriminate of pve/pvp, and don’t make platform specific changes, because NF/Luna’s was a problem on PC. Also nerf fusion rifles.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dredgen Midnight: 7/12/2019 8:35:33 AM
            **Make it easier to follow a conversation on the companion app in the forum and in the notification. Sometimes people reply to the wrong person about a completely different topic or on the right topic but its the wrong person or after it was already sorted out. Its like the comments just get thrown in randomly sometimes. *Being more active on your forums helps out alot. Sharing destiny news, unintentional bugs and funny destiny stuff being posted by you all would be awesome. *If it's on reddit or Twitter it should already be on destiny the forums. *make posts asking people's thoughts on possible changes to see if you could solve problems before they are even a thing. *Reinstate Crucible Labs and make a Crucible Labs feedback section. Use it to perfect the crucible (silly game modes on occasion but mainly to improve the pvp experience) so you can add back trials and it be widely welcomed. *Add back Off topic *Add Fan lore topic *Add Raid secrets topic

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • B.net is an excellent place for developer transparency, engagement, and interaction and so far, it's seemed that it's only been used to egg along interaction that isn't "against the grain". I never see Bungie talking to people about their feedback, asking for details concerning feedback or anything. It just seems like a big wasted opportunity for a developer so suddenly focused on "giving the players what they want".

Posting in language:

• just use LFG 4Head

Posting in language:

• Better group features on the mobile app plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posting in language:

• Longer history in our profiles. I would like to view posts/comments I made from 2/3 years ago.

Posting in language:

• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? An effective manner of communication between the players and Bungie and their web presence; be it Community Managers, Reddit or Twitter Mods, local Companion App Moderators and Ninjas. Not necessarily a direct line; but something we on the forums is known and read by more than just the companion app mods. For example, the app right now lets me know there is a patch today at 2 PDT; but the link to @BungieHelp takes me to Twitter. Why couldn't that just be pinned to the main Destiny forum page? HELP, has its own forum and tab, but neither the Help Forum tab or the Help section under the main Forum Tab list the patch for today. Why is that? ( I know the Community Managers are working with marketing, going to events, cultivating the brand on Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and probably a ton of other social platforms. ) Yet, this is their App. The Destiny 2 App. It links to the game, clans, forums, help, news, ect. Somehow though the Blue signature BUNGIE REPLIED, tags don't seem to be seen daily or even a few times a week on the most up-voted posts. Why not? This is your Forum, I am listening, why aren't you (Bungie) engaging more? Instead it seems we only hear or see when a major patch or update is around the corner or just past. I have to say I absolutely dread the "We have exciting things coming, but we can't tell you yet.." but even that is almost better than weeks to months of silence. Last bit on communication. As this is now your IP alone, no more sharing with Activision and you are publishing your own game. Will there be a Help Desk? Application? Website? Someone alive we can reach out to before pre-ordering? Please, please, please say yes. Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) Personally, I try the forums first, so yes I like to read them; I'm more wary on answering or engaging. It's convenient, built in the app on my phone. Unfortunately I usually have to go to Twitter for BungieHelp updates as they don't seem to be easily located on the forums or it directs me there anyway. I will occasionally go to Reddit or YouTube when certain steps in Destiny adventures are too vague. Especially when it says "such and such percent" or "this gives the most progress" but leaves a bar graph instead of a counter of exactly what I need to do. A lot of the time the flavor text and the quest step leaves out important details. An example would be the original kills for Malfeasance; getting kills on invaders, not just invading and killing guardians. Or again the need to get an invader kill in the first ten seconds and a medal for the Lumina. There was no way I was going to figure that out without Reddit or Youtube since the quest step itself could've been phrased better. What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement? Actually playing the game and making it to the Farm was a great first step made by Bungie as a bench mark to be allowed to engage on the forums. I have run across quite a few players who don't seem to have linked accounts to Bungie.net and no game history. It would be nice if there was a posted or easier to report suspicious activity to app moderators in the Find a Fireteam section. It'd also be great with perhaps a posted and pinned list of Frequently Asked Questions either each week; correlating to New Players, Players that have reached the Tower, and perhaps for Endgame players? Listing info such as the Flashpoint location, Strike Singes for the week, ect. Or something like that. To actually welcome new players. Thanks Bungie

Posting in language:

• I find it VERY important to see actual responses to questions or topics that the community asks HEAVILY. Mind you, an actual response and not a typical cookie cutter answer. I mostly watch YouTube and read the forums. To be honest, the whole point of a community is to come together to solve a problem. Whether it's watching a video for steps to complete something, or actually coming up with solutions in the forums to ongoing problems. Coincidentally, the community can come up with solutions to game problems all it wants, and some of them great ideas, they largely feel ignored. Let's start with that, nobody likes to feel ignored. Maybe some more community managers, or a team. Answer people so we know you guys actually read this stuff, even the minute little things.

Posting in language:

• Edited by gravezero: 7/11/2019 11:02:58 PM
              Can we do something about people jumping out of bounds in comp to avoid the other team getting points? Was recently playing a game, we were down a few points, and we got a tripple cap with a minute to go on convergence. The other team just kept jumping off the map. I get it's a "strategy" but let's be honest here its bull$hit. I know this isn't forum related but. Just wanting someone to see it.

Posting in language:

• We need. More. [b]Tacos[/b].

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • I would like to kindly ask you/the forum managers to reinstate the community forum.

Posting in language:

• Bring back gaming! Also you should come visit Offtopic sometime... [spoiler]Sorry Partner, but You’ve Yeed your last Haw [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • don't purge offtopic. infact. if y'all could revert the purge of offtopic. it would be great

Posting in language:

4 5 6 7 8 9 10
                You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon