JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/10/2019 6:48:40 PM
dmg04

Forum Feedback

Hey all, Pinning this to the Destiny 2 forum, as I'm currently looking through some feedback on our forums and structure. I recently did a quick tweet asking players who may not visit the forums here on Bungie.net some questions, as I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community. Now, I'm looking for feedback from those who are on here more frequently, namely you! This isn't a question of what we can do better in terms of making in-game changes to Destiny 2. My goals here are to get some thoughts from you on the current state of our forums. If you could answer the following, it'd be much appreciated. [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote]
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It would be nice if you guys moderate the forums. US D1 people would like it if you could have people STOP POSTING DESTINY 2 TOPICS IN THE #destiny sub. It's very annoying. Let us have our dead, quiet sub in peace.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• 1) I find it important for news and important announcements to be a) made and b) easy to find. 2) I use the forums for engagement, and twitter for important updates. 3) Community managers that actually make posts and reply to community topics. Right now, they’ve set themselves up on these pedestals, only make posts that nobody feels their responses are being heard through, there’s very little banter on the forums themselves, and they’re too scared to weigh in on any current developments, because they know they’ll catch flak because some of those developments are not well received by the community. I’m sure they’re great guys, nothing against them as humans. But as forum mods an community managers go, most people with “ninja” tags only show up to lock out threads. The forums have become a pretty toxic place, but if you don’t even want to engage with the community you represent, maybe this isn’t the best thing you should be doing.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Aero9: 7/13/2019 11:53:31 PM
    If someone doesn't play D2 for three weeks I think they need to play again before they post.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
    • For me the most important thing is a clean and responsive experience and for the most part (at least on Android) it seems to be. The only persistent frustration is responses not being shown in the order received and having chained responses not appear correctly depending on how you have accessed them (the only reliable way is to find the post from the forum, find the reply and then scroll). I engage here occasionally if I have something to add or someone makes an interesting point. Discord is great for clans. YouTube is useful for guides (if that's your thing) but I never engage there or watch/engage with the content/streaming community. I'd like to see the community managers engaging more and not being so selective with where they decide to pop up. I'd certainly suggest not messing around in 'off topic' whilst the rest of the forums are up in arms over changes like I've seen in the past. I've suggested before that a kudos system would be a nice change here and could link it in to a reward format in game. Nothing extravagant, perhaps emblems, shaders, boons or bounties that are exclusive for people actively engaging in the community. I think my last point would help with getting feedback on track and provide some truly valuable insight for you folks at Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Can u fix the clan posts timing? It is really annoying to have to rely on discord or other third apps to get a real time posting.

Posting in language:

• I realised that if it’s reasonable forum discussion I’m after, then I immediately go to reddit. Suggest you either: 1) De-link forum from the rest of the app (like warframe). This is the extreme option. Let people go to reddit to chat... they will get moderated better there. Or 2) Decrease the toxicity factor in the forum. The hard but best way to do this is to make every forum account have to link to a gamer account. That way the anonymous trolls can no longer hide. Then you police trolling/baiting/raging more firmly. If someone is repetitive in their crying or bad behaviour, ban them from the forums and the game for a set time. They’ll learn eventually, or at least not be around to annoy everyone else.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • Edited by Mark IV: 7/13/2019 12:12:04 PM
        I am on Destiny related Reddit and YouTube daily. I think to redirect the attention from Reddit to these forums you should just advertise it in-game. The "next week in destiny" message could contain one sentence that says "tell us what you think about ... In the forums -URL- / if you want to participate in improving the Destiny experience join the discussion in the forums -URL-". Also a lot of the polls people are starting here don't make sense, because they mostly give 3 options that all try to push into one direction. Moderators should remove these and/or tell the author to adjust it so that there are equally valuable options to chose from.

Posting in language:

• Update groups! Please!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Edited by Cobravert: 7/10/2019 9:18:08 PM
          1) Make GROUPS Great Again! No really. Give GROUPS a reason to be. The whole #Clan setup is boring and broken, and does not induce or promote Group discussions. Reinstate the B.old version of Groups, in it's entirety. Groups help Clans interact and grow much better. I know you know what I'm talking about. 2) Give us a report option for miss posted and intentionally miss posted threads in the wrong forums. That way the ninjas and mentors could see them more readily and move them accordingly, since most who miss post never make any attempt to change the forum tag and move the thread themselves. 3) Make sticky threads that will stay at the top of each forum telling people what types of threads are meant for that forum. It would help with the prior recommendation. The B.next system basically made #Community a worthless forum section, and why it was scrapped. Had these changes and proper enforcement thereof been in place, it likely would still be a hub of activity. 4) Change the passive, current CoC to Foman's thread from HFCS on B.net rules. Not as a link that is effectively overlooked like it currently is. The CoC from the past several years is meaningless, vague and basically enforces nothing. So many changes that went into making B.next have been removed over time because they broke B.net. It's good to see more of the old format reinstated, but there still needs to be more structure to help create a more cohesive Community as there was before. 5) Bring back Forum Member Bars Think about it. What made B.net so cool in the past? Building relationships with others here based on interaction because of the game Bungie made. Also when Bungie peeps were more active on the forums here (NOT Twitter or any other off sites) would come out and discuss stuff with the Community.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
          • Improve lfg. Make it easier for players to find lfgs they want and please stop putting all raids in one cattegory...

Posting in language:

• All you need to do is speak to DE or go look at Warframes forum and see how a decent one is run.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Der Todesengel: 7/12/2019 4:18:10 PM
            [quote]• What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] :) - Der

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • put a section for just mod/bungie replies, so i can see direct answers for questions that may have been answered already and can help reposting.

Posting in language:

• Reverse the Purge. You know what I'm talking about

Posting in language:

44 Replies
              • GIVE BACK #GAMING

Posting in language:

• Enjoy the forums and fireteam finding sections. Could use a search icon of some sort to look for posts. I find myself sometime googling questions and then links directly back here.

Posting in language:

• Check out our #Destiny2 clan! https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=3793907

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                • What can be done? Since the start of d1 you guys keep messing with game balance. People of course then come on here and complain. You mess with it some more and another group comes on to complain. Eventually Crucible winds up being hand cannons and one-hit-kill weapons. Then you kill the game. Make another one and start the process all over again

Posting in language:

• Most important to my browsing experience is being able to scan titles on the app quickly to find posts that I find interesting. I use Twitch, Reddit and Discord when interacting with other Destiny players but I feel like Bungie.net forums is where our voices can be heard directly by Bungie employees when we give feedback. This tends to make the website seem toxic compared to the other mediums. If you want to clean up the toxicity, create a social credit system like China. Reward good Bungie. Net citizens with emblems and make the bad ones lives miserable and never let them have exotics. “The beatings will continue until morale improves”.

Posting in language:

• I think being able to search for specific posts or tags in the app would be very handy.

Posting in language:

• Still can't access Zero Hour Heroic mission on ANY of my characters

Posting in language:

• Why are you asking this question and not datto? I thought community managers were obsolete now he’s taken over hosting reveal streams Seriously though. These are bungie forums for destiny. You guys as a whole should have your main focus here. Not twitter or reddit or twitch. You want more people here giving feedback, building community focus? Then you guys need to be here. Actively here replying to more posts than you do. Better reply’s that aren’t some generic “we’re listening” or “we’ve passed it on to the devs” Actual conversation between community managers and community

Posting in language:

• PLEASE. GIVE US. NOTIFICATIONS. FOR GROUPS. Groups are ignored and horrible to use. Please fix them and Offtopic will rejoice! *bows reverently and exits, still holding “Fix Groups* sign

Posting in language:

• The forums should be the best place to talk destiny. I believe a stronger bungie presence would help. As would a stronger ninja presence. Lets get the forum back to being where we come for news, secrets, strategies, load-out talk, etc. The game is heading in a positive direction. What I think both sides need right now, is a sense of coming together. Bungie and predominantly steamers just got to feel that at guardian con. The other 99% of us need it too. Let the communication truly begin. Baby steps for sure, but its time to move forward.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Syn: 7/12/2019 10:57:52 AM
                    What do I find most important? Is the ability to look over the forums, see whats trending, as well as whats new.  Being able to find posts I care about quickly as well. Currently, a lot of posts (enhancement core discussions) that I was keeping tabs on have disappeared, either through automated systems, or they just get removed.  I like a good search function as well, this is important to me.  I personally like to go to the forums, as the “official: forums for the developers I would expect to see more information, and more interaction here.  Unfortunately this is not the case, I see more on twitter, and Reddit, than I do here. I don't want to have to scroll through twitter to see whats happening.  What changes would I like to see to make the forums more welcoming?  #1 - Interaction from Bungie.  This does not mean leaks, or updates, or anything extra like that, I’m talking, straight up interaction.  Talk to us, share stories, work to build a community, not just the Mods either, get some of those that work on things in here too.  Again, it doesn't mean you have to give us secrets or leaks of information or anything, but build a community with the developers. As it is, this is a better off ignored, sounding board. I really dont think Bungie cares about the forums at all, and treat it like an afterthought, or a dumping place to ignore any kind of criticism.  #2 - Better moderation, Please please, stop doting on the BDF (bungie defense force) and playing favorites.  Someone posts some critical feedback, or a negative opinion, and the BDF comes out and starts calling them names, belittling them, and even demeaning them.  No action is taken on the BDF loyalists …. But if someone not in the favorites list of Bungie says anything, or even pretends to call someone a name, they get slapped with warnings, lockouts, and even having their posts removed. The forum rules only apply to those that are either heavy supporters of the streams that Bungie loves so much, or are on the “loved by Bungie” list.  #3 - I think a few sub forums would be nice, when you want to build a community, you can have places for people to share in more than just “game feedback”  #4 - the biggest one for me in it all - People only feel welcomed if the community works to welcome them.  As it is, (my personal opinion) is that the current forms are so full of toxicity, hate, and downright disrespect, that no one could hope to feel welcome here. This is not limited to people being upset with the way the game works, but how often you get the response of “you are -Blaming- stupid, move along”, “get gud” or even the best in the way of name calling.  I chose not to interact a lot because of this, as its tiring having to fight through all of this. -- now the issue with this piece of feedback is here - I don't know how you would fix this. I wish the community would help each other more, and care about each other more, but for some reason its just not there.       I really wish I had an answer for what it would take to remove the sheer amount of Hate and Disrespect that move through the forums.  I don't engage much myself, because I don't want to have to spend the time filtering through the name calling, the hate, and the BDF that jump out to smack me down, just for wanting to be a part of the community.   Thanks for listening and I hope that you can come up with some ideas for this! 

Posting in language:

• Edited by GhostDog: 7/12/2019 3:35:17 AM
                    For one you could start using these forums to communicate with us instead of using your brain dead basement streamers who are pretty much your "made up" destiny community that do not represent us at all. Ditch the basement streamers and start communicating with us! We are your "real community".... Not someone named datto or cringy gotthalion or dearex... quit trying to shove this crap down our throats. That would be a great start!

Posting in language:

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon