JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/10/2019 6:48:40 PM
dmg04

Forum Feedback

Hey all, Pinning this to the Destiny 2 forum, as I'm currently looking through some feedback on our forums and structure. I recently did a quick tweet asking players who may not visit the forums here on Bungie.net some questions, as I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community. Now, I'm looking for feedback from those who are on here more frequently, namely you! This isn't a question of what we can do better in terms of making in-game changes to Destiny 2. My goals here are to get some thoughts from you on the current state of our forums. If you could answer the following, it'd be much appreciated. [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote]
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• join GTAForums for a week. try to shit post. try to start a dupe thread. try to necro old posts. those mods shut that shit down in a heartbeat.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

ooGREYFOXXoo
    ooGREYFOXXoo

busy fulfilling my destiny - old

Now that activision is gone who will bungie Blame for disappointing all their loyal customers?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Anything political, talking about personal life struggles, Etc. I think there is a time and place for everything. But this forum shouldn't be used for that.

Posting in language:

• The forum mods are garbage. I literally saw a Ninja weeks ago reply to an argumemt with "lol ok." Furthermore, they don't really do anything substantial. The only time I've seen them do something that could be considered healthy for the forums instead of removing things they don't like is when they removed the straight posts during Pride month because they "don't relate to Destiny."

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Maybe if y'all read your forums. Basic QoL stuff added in an not just another poorly made raid. Make Dungeons for every planet. Strike loots. TransMog for armor. More loot, sweet Traveler more loot. More classes. Element Primaries. Waypoints (ODST had a better map) . Social Hubs . Faction Wars. BRING BACK PoE. Make Forges an Well matchmaking. And Nightfall.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Pinnaplia: 7/15/2019 12:36:30 AM
        I think I'd be nice of you to actually take this Forums advice. Maybe ur game wouldn't be a dumpster fire of you actually did your job.

Posting in language:

• Would love to see some interaction. I mean the Bungie team has actually fked up crucible this time. Not just a little. They royally fked up and now people are getting kicked to orbit multiple times, people are not getting valor(something that pisses me off since I have to get 5 resets and it isnt awarding the valor), and people are losing glory by winning. You are fking punishing the fking winners. All cause you wanted to stop players from afk farming forges. Who gives a rats ass. Let them afk farm. Goddamn. Fixing shit that dont need fixin. The bungie way for sure

Posting in language:

• It’s been mentioned below, but I would like to see people from Bungie (probably Cozmo or dmg04) respond to the top couple posts or any highly upvoted posts consistently. Whether it’s the top 2 or 3 daily or when any post reaches a certain amount of upvotes, consistent responses from Bungie would be very appreciated

Posting in language:

• I read a lot of posts with so many good ideas, but it feels like they will be ignored. It feels like when someone post a thing, you guys have no interest what they say. It feels like only streamers and famous kiddies have your attention. Problems will be ignored. That is my thought what i think about this forums

Posting in language:

• Make it so you can't bump your own post into trending. Its pathetic and screams I NEED ATTENTION!!!!

Posting in language:

• I’ve stopped engaging with forums because it doesn’t feel like Bungie are really listening. The enhancement core issue is the best example. Thousands of posts in the discussion and all Bungie says is we’ve passed it to the devs.

Posting in language:

49 Replies
        • [quote]• What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] a.) improve the fireteam section with filters on specific raids and have some text added to the raid team search b.) YOU and the other community managers be more present here.. and answer questions posed here.. there are pretty busy players here that compile bug lists and reports and those are drowning in the average forum spam c.) make meaningfull subforums and manage them pvp comp vs. quickplay ves. raids etc.. d.) play the game and have an understanding about the players concerns .. e.) Acknowledge the differences between PC and Console. and have it actively brought up and reported here .. whats going to happen with bloom ? where do we go with pinnacle wreapons , triumph and title requirements. etc.. in short : know the questions and have answers.

Posting in language:

• Seperate the gameplay section into pvp and pve gameplay, and do the same with feedback. Not only will this be easier for us to post, but it'll be easier for you guys when looking into things that need/could be changed. I get most of my information via youtube, but browse the forums multiple times a day to see what's going on in the community. It would be nice if all these updates I get from houndish and the like were right here on the forums

Posting in language:

• We give feed back but enhancement cores are still here.

Posting in language:

17 Replies
          • [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] My browsing experience is more about the information I am looking for and how quickly I can get it without obstacles. The only other factor considered is how "to-the-point" and concise it is. Messaging apps aren't used all so much for me. No Twitch, no Twitter, no Discord, YouTube used very rarely, and only after finely filtering out every video aimed at making money. [b]I just want information.[/b] I think Bungie should engage in making community polls across every media platform they use and can work with. Then reveal the results of the vote, and announce changes from that across the board. It'll give the community a "sense" of control, and those who argue on what "the majority want" won't have much to stand on, regardless of how vocal they want to be. [b]Eliminate pointless complaints.[/b] At this rate, I go on here to see who is yelling at what nowadays which is very frequent, and this is why I venture here so infrequently. Maybe that can change, but it's going to take a bit of work.

Posting in language:

• I feel that the forums are currently very toxic. Many people come on to the forums to harass others that are bring up relevant points for discussion, new players trying to find out information or people trying to help others out. Many threads have such comment in them as they tend to look for the threads that aren't the "I'm quitting destiny" or "This game is trash" posts.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • I've already made a post, but I'd like to add, could there be a way to mute people without reporting them? It's not that some people violate the CoC or anything, some people you just dont care to hear from.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • Oh yeah, and like I reported back in the early months of D1: fix the Bungie.net notifications. I will login for weeks, from different IPs, different browsers, different computers even, to Bungie.net, and never see the yellow notifications icon on my forum account, and then one day login and notice I have 69+, but I can only read the first few, because there's no way to scroll down the notifications for the rest, and a lot of it is just notifications that someone upvoted one of my posts or replies, which have spammed out of the notifications any notifications regarding people who replied to something I wrote or posted. Separating upvote notifications from replies would be another good idea. Being able to block trolls directly from the forum thread, rather than having to go into their profile or drop-down menu would be helpful, especially since if you report one of their posts, it auto-removes it from your view so you can't see it again so you then have to look up the troll's forum name and go to their profile to block them.

Posting in language:

• I feel like the hypocrisy is crazy here, I see people get away with saying all sorts of hurtful things. Yet I was banned for an entire month for telling someone to shut up. Makes no sense to me.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • A search function specifically for the forums?

Posting in language:

• Again, platform selection tab in Clan Recruitment section!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Is there any way to stop people from posting twitch links and ‘guaranteed pinnacle weapons’ post in the LFG?

Posting in language:

• Obvious trolls and toxic morons should be banned on sight. You can tell who these are usually by their inability to punctuate or their insistence that Destiny is still living in Curse of Osiris.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • remove/move posts that shouldn’t be in offtopic

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Edited by GavelGaffle: 7/13/2019 10:49:14 PM
                        I'm just going to start and ill edit when I think of more. make the Clan Recruitment section more efficient. Could it be broken down into 3 sections per platform? or have posts require at least 1 tag (xbox, ps4, pc) and then be able to sort by those tags. have it pull up the message history when you go to send a message to someone.

Posting in language:

• Edited by RedOctober7: 7/15/2019 2:08:28 AM
                        Responses Being On-Topic I would like to see responses that actually answer the question in the forums, even if it means stricter moderation. I’m NOT suggestion that people can’t voice there opinion, not at all, everyone should have the right to post, but even in this particular thread people aren’t answering your question. There just needs to be more order. When players are trying to find helpful responses sifting through vitriol is just a waste of time. Maybe there could be a dedicated space for people to unload their frustrations, but when it’s in most forum topics I just close the app and move on.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon