JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/10/2019 6:48:40 PM
dmg04

Forum Feedback

Hey all, Pinning this to the Destiny 2 forum, as I'm currently looking through some feedback on our forums and structure. I recently did a quick tweet asking players who may not visit the forums here on Bungie.net some questions, as I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community. Now, I'm looking for feedback from those who are on here more frequently, namely you! This isn't a question of what we can do better in terms of making in-game changes to Destiny 2. My goals here are to get some thoughts from you on the current state of our forums. If you could answer the following, it'd be much appreciated. [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote]
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Yeah I wouldn’t mind the ninjas being given a refresher course, some are too trigger happy and some have serious chips on their shoulders. Just because people have negative feedback doesn’t mean ninjas should be lurking in the shadows with the banhammer ready for the least excuse to silence critics. I’ve seen first hand where ninjas have blatantly banned people that were engaged in heated discussions. Now I get the person banned deserves it but I don’t understand how one person can be accountable for the entire situation. Ninjas should at least have the decency to explain a) the reason for the ban, b) the reason why the other party wasn’t banned if they were clearly as bad and c) the reason for the length of ban. I get some people can be seriously toxic and get too personal, which I admit I’ve done before and it’s not cool at all but there really needs to be fairer treatment on here for everyone. Just my main gripe on these forums since you are asking 🤷‍♂️

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Get rid of the no name and shame rules if evidence is provided. It isn't a witch hunt if you have proof, it's calling the BS as we see it. Cheaters and exploiters should have no right to anonnimity. Revert the fireteam section to it's old state, or add a description section on the current one. Add filters to screen the All Topics section easier

Posting in language:

• [quote]What do you find most important to your browsing experience?[/quote] I really miss the subforums. [quote]Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc)[/quote] I find this forum to be increasingly well-intentioned. it’s certainly better than a year ago. I would prefer coming here because I don’t trust second hand information. The TWAB should set the tone for all things. Announcements should come here first. If you are concerned about trolls, then announcements should be locked, and then copied to a forum topic. If you are concerned about social media ratings, then feed your Twitter and Discord through BNET. Google will treat you better that way. [quote]What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote] Having less topic headings just floods the remaining ones with unrelated stuff. Crucible [b]really[/b] needs it own thread. Gameplay really needs to be clearly defined. I’m not saying it isn’t obvious, but it’s also the most misused. Feedback needs subthreads. Honestly, all subforums should be feedback. Quickplay, Comp, IB, Nightfall, Raid, Investment, Seasonal, Gambit et Al. While having less threads raises the bar for posts catching fire, it also makes it really easy to miss good posts, which can’t be helpful to CMs. Thanks so much for asking!

Posting in language:

• We need a section where we can talk about games in general. We all love Destiny, but I've met a lot of cool people on here who play other games too. I think having a forum category where we can discuss other games will take away from having to deal with the trolls on here. There are so many people who come one here just to trash Destiny. Anyone who talks shit, I usually check their profile and lmao when I see only one character at level 20 and 232 power level. I'm just like gtfoh lol. Seriously, people who troll the forums and attack other people need the ban-hammer. There also needs to be a filter of repetitive posts. I can't stand seeing the same topic of posts one after another. I think you guys need to make more of an effort to communicate with us. I see a lot of good ideas that get forgotten. Or if you see multiple posts about the same thing or posts that continually get brought up week after week, make an effort to update on them. The feedback forum is way too broad. I think if you categorize it to sectons like PVP, Raids, Gambit, Endgame, Strikes, NF, and etc people can specifically rant or give ideas for said area. I know myself and hundreds of people have PvP rants to post, but there's so much feedback clustered into one forum, most of it gets ignored or passed up. I think if we had more specific categories, we can post more accurately and you guys can return our feedback more accurately.

Posting in language:

• [quote][quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience?• Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc)• What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote][/quote] I wish there was a better search feature for searching certain posts. Sometimes a post i see disappears and i cant seem to find them unless i posted in there. I'll go onto Youtube for most of my info. I'll make some posts on there, but mostly on here. Not sure how to become more welcoming.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BozzyTheDrummer: 7/10/2019 7:06:40 PM
    1.) I would really like to see more groups to post in. See the post from Dabest below. He makes a great point. 2.) Maybe review the vocabulary that you censor. You have the word Cas$ette censored. Same as the word M0ngolian. I know this is small and not an issue to most, but maybe there are other simple words that are censored for no reason. 3.) Bring back the "gaming" section. That was merged into "Offtopic" and honestly, I miss having a section to discuss games on here, that isn't in Offtopic. I get it, you guys probably don't want people discussing other games on your forums website, but I like chatting with the people in THIS community about many things that aren't Destiny related. I just prefer to do it here, as I like these forums. [b] 4.) There are a LOT of bugs in Destiny 2. A lot! I know Bungie reps on here, respond often, when thay can about issues that arise. But can you guys be more in depth and current on communication and fixes/status updates? For over a month, the spider step for the Allegiance quest was bugged and we sometimes got very vague responses. This happens with a lot of issues on here. I come to this wbesite anytime there is an issue to see what's up and what's being done. You guys are SEVERELY lacking in the "help" department. A company like Bungie should be able to have a designated help team with a bug report/ticket submission system. See Elder Scrolls Online for this matter, they have this kind of system in their forums, and they assign people to your ticket, that communicate one on one with you until the issue is resolved via private messaging. This would help greatly. [/b] 5.) I frequent the forums every day while I am at work and communicate with people when I can. One thing i notice, is the "cancel" button being above the "post" button. Can these two buttons switch places? Too many times I type up responses and I hit "cancel" instead of "post" and then get frsutrated and not even bother responding anymore. I'll add more if I think of anything.

Posting in language:

• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? [b]Being able to easily pull up my own posts and see what's going on with them. I feel like a "My Posts" button/option would be very beneficial.[/b] • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc):[b] I prefer the forums to 'social media' apps. Honestly, not being able to find what I want as far as news, updates, issues, etc easily on these forums is the only reason I have a twitter. If there were a way to post everything Bungie posts on twitter to the forums, I would be a happier man. Maybe a forum that is somehow linked to your twitter that mirrors the traffic there.[/b] • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement? [b]I know you (by which I mean Bungie) don't have the time or staffing to answer every post that asks for direct answers or feedback from Bungie. However, I feel that the lack of response from the company to the majority of the posts is the single biggest miss you guys have right now, as far as the forums and communication with the community.[/b]

Posting in language:

• Reporting logs One annoyance. If you report someone we have to 'trust' something happens and that trust is long gone. So if you report someone here (or in game) create a ticket log so we can follow the report and see what action is being carried out. Cause i see ninja hitting players naming and shaming but in this day and age alot of people have footage or proof to back up there claims. And yet they get penalized and not the guilty. If report logs existed player would feel less likely that they need to publicly name people to protect the community. Let us see you are taking action and the reports aren't just coming out the printer and straight in the shredder.

Posting in language:

• I wish I could actually post something positive about D2 without being swarmed by toxic individuals.

Posting in language:

• There definitely is a more toxic feel here than some of the other places i spend time in, like twitter, or reddit. Wish I could offer more constructive feedback, but I'm not knowledgeable in improving forum experiences. Best of Luck! Appreciate you guys looking to offer the best experience you can.

Posting in language:

• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? Information that can assist myself and clan mates in the game. Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) As a hardcore gamer, honestly I use all of those evenly to gather current events and information. What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement? Less salt, toxicity, and harassment of players to other players. I have lurked the forums for years, but prefer not sharing my opinions unless I have constructive feedback for the game. And also because I don't give negative people the attention they seek. If you want the forums to be "more "welcoming," then the staff has to be on point. The negative comments and harassment sometimes get overlooked. I know you guys do an outstanding job though. New players should not be attacked and harassed by negative people for asking game related questions they may not know about D2. They should feel welcome in to the community that has evolved around this universe Bungie has created. Also, anytime Bungie engages the community on the forums, it seems to draw the most activity. You are the creators, you have the tools and the power to make your fans feel welcome. Engage the fans more often. I understand we all have lives and busy work schedules.

Posting in language:

• 1. good subject matter, for really I'm looking for tips and tricks or better ways to accomplish a quest or hurdle that's stopping my progression. 2. I'll dabble on the forums and help answer what I can from my own experience. Sometimes it's just to crack a joke or two. I only group message within my private friends using a different app, but sometimes through this website (clan stuff). 3. Honestly I would just like to see more comments made by Bungie. I'm always reading a "Bungie replied" comment. This interaction is what should be driving the changes in the game. example someone challenged hey we've seen this NF too much. Bam it got changed mid week. Another, we would like to see Strange Terrain NF next week and low an behold Bam there it was the following Tuesday. That is satisfying given the log hours most of us spend in the game. It shows that you do listen. Cheers Wook

Posting in language:

• There are simply alot of trolls here who dont know how to give constructive critisisim. Alot of people are just here to talk smack and wait for replies while laughing.

Posting in language:

• Gaming forum would be nice to have back. Something to help the rest with toxicity. Getting dog piled for saying anything positive by people who don’t play the game gets a little old.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mk300mk: 7/10/2019 8:00:57 PM
    Mk300mk
    Mk300mk

Peter Popoff needs your money to help u - old

Here is one simple thing that would win back much of the communities' trust and support on this fourm: [spoiler][b][u]The removal of enhancement cores from infusion costs. [/u][/b][/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sillly: 7/10/2019 9:07:55 PM
    I doubled posted.

Posting in language:

• I use Bnet as my main and only source of social media, the others I find dull and frequently toxic. Your website compromises most of my time on the internet Gaming should return along with a a place for Fanfiction. Also, please update the Groups and give them full functionality across all devices, hundreds still use them.

Posting in language:

• Edited by STEL: 7/10/2019 7:25:47 PM
    • What do you find most important to your browsing experience? Being able to find answers to my questions. • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) Forums/YouTube • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement? When a person has a valid complaint or criticism and are attacked by "The Bungie Defense Force", the person who made the complaint or criticism is attacked by the Ninjas with warnings and temp bans. For once police your own defenders and stop turning a blind eye to their harassment. As you said "I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community". Policing the harassment from your hard core defenders might show those who left that you/Bungie do actually care for the broad community. Not holding my breath.

Posting in language:

• More groups. You have one broad one for feedback, rewards, and things of that nature. Why not break the feedback tab into feedback about PvP, pve, rewards, connections, ect.

Posting in language:

• I look for the quality trash posts people make with incoherent statements with terrible grammar and spelling.

Posting in language:

• It would help if you had professional community managers and moderators. The system of just putting random unskilled people in charge because someone at Bungie likes them is a fail. You, Cozmo and Deej are ultimately what’s wrong with this forum. More specifically your lack of professionalism and job skills. The ninjas just make it worth with their blatant abuse of power. This place is an open sewer and the people who are running it are causing that.

Posting in language:

• First!!

Posting in language:

• The only forum I actually constantly go to is Offtopic. The rest of the forums are quite "toxic" for lack of a better word. I used to occasionally vist the lore forum but it's now just filled with Fan Fics. so I don't go there anymore.

Posting in language:

• Edited by doc: 7/10/2019 7:04:56 PM
    [b]Q1 Answer:[/b] Currently the most important feature and reason why I still browse is the ability to up/down vote valid or non-sense threads. [b]Q2 Answer:[/b] I mainly use the Bungie forum as a last resort option to find out about developing news, &/or issues with the Destiny 2. Mostly browsing more then I engage; although with the recent update 2.5.1.1 I've been doing more engaging to collect information about bugs/known issues. [b]Q3 Answer:[/b] If possible to allow the forums along with the LFG built into bungie's site to be brought into the game of Destiny 2 (as its own menu feature). So players can engage in the forum &/or check LFG while in orbit or where ever they are. Even if it is a lite version of the forum.

Posting in language:

• There needs to be two different forum groups for pvp and pve. Also shout out Niris in the Twabs!

Posting in language:

• More lore

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon