JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/10/2019 6:48:40 PM
dmg04

Forum Feedback

Hey all, Pinning this to the Destiny 2 forum, as I'm currently looking through some feedback on our forums and structure. I recently did a quick tweet asking players who may not visit the forums here on Bungie.net some questions, as I'd love to make this place more appealing for the broad community. Now, I'm looking for feedback from those who are on here more frequently, namely you! This isn't a question of what we can do better in terms of making in-game changes to Destiny 2. My goals here are to get some thoughts from you on the current state of our forums. If you could answer the following, it'd be much appreciated. [quote]• What do you find most important to your browsing experience? • Do you find yourself frequently engaging with forums, or more often browsing associated media/group messaging apps for information/discussion? (Think Twitter, Discord, Youtube, etc) • What changes would you like to see that would make the Bungie.net forums a more welcoming place for community engagement?[/quote]
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Your app developers seemed pretty proud of their work, which is kind of funny, I have yet to hear or read about anybody who likes this app in general. The app itself was so much better for D1. It's amazing how much backwards momentum you guys have become famous for. I know you're asking about the forums, but the app itself needs a rework. I know I'm talking to a wall right now and so is everyone else. Nobody here actually believes you give a shit about what we think. Add all the functionality that the D1 app had... including the team finder for D1.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • If someone posts proof of a cheater, the post shouldn’t be locked for naming and shaming. My personal take.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
      • I think all news, info and alerts should be put on these forums. I'm not on Twitter or any other social media and get all my news and alerts here. It's very frustrating to go some where else for news on your game when this is the forum for the game. Or to read from users what's going on that week with the game.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Edited by High Charity: 7/15/2019 6:47:22 PM
          #BringBackTitleBars You know you want that blue hat back dmg :) Also the pre-2013 layout was superior. What happened to the web team? They totally vanished. ALSO, get rid of the dumb "buy/play the game" requirement pls.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
          • Edited by Yuno: 7/16/2019 8:37:28 PM
            Just bring back being able to have emblems as avatars edit: Also bring back the crucible exclusive forum. I miss discussing crucible stuff without having to first scroll through stuff about enhancement cores and whatever

Posting in language:

• Edited by N0RTH3RNBOYZ: 7/16/2019 5:25:54 PM
            How about you ban the discord people using the glitch to get scrubs their comp pinnacle weapons. Ban all the scrubs paying people to get these same weapons, fix the hunter blades and replace all guns back to what they used to be, fix the lag in your servers and all these error codes. Make those in comp no longer able to play once all pinnacle weapons are obtained so others can do it without getting shut down, “or” fix it to where it’s obtainable through points like revoker. I’ve done plenty of comp to only get matched with a 4 stack, spawn in on a match have some scrub blueberry leave when we are losing and I take a huge loss. Stop making or aiding play to win, stop catering to your streamers who mean absolutely nothing and listen to your community vrs ask about forums which again means nothing. Fix the f*cking game. I’ll bet none of the above happens because again you cater to those that aren’t in forums bringing up REAL IN GAME ISSUES. FYI YOUR HOT FIX CAUSES EVEN MORE ISSUES.

Posting in language:

• Reading the majority of the replies here is depressing. It shows why Bungie often overlooks these forums as the primary area of interaction and launch point of information. If they pulled the plug I would totally understand. Dmg is optimistically asking for feedback and gets useless spam and abuse. So, feedback? Get rid of the inconsistent ninjas and enforce the rules properly. Might help to lure back the helpful folk to dilute the current largely inarticulate angry mass. The only bans I know of personally are posters who lost their temper or got frustrated in the face of abuse of trolling by others. Used to love it on here, helpful folk and enjoyable banter. We won't have that again without a population influx.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • In game rewards for regular non toxic contributors. Also the actual forum is hidden in the more tab within the app. I think forum should be front and centre beside fireteam gear etc

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • People should have to play the game... somewhat recently. I don’t know...within the last 6 months. If you have not logged onto Destiny for 10minutes in the last 6 months you can read the forums but not comment.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                • Its kinda difficult to look for people who are looking for people for theyre clan and ones who are looking for a clan, have it in different tags like, "Clans looking for people" and "People looking for clans".

Posting in language:

• Most important is in seeing responses from people who actually can make a difference in weather or not an issue or concern is going to be addressed. Then seeing a response that either tells us yes or no. Not some -blam!- crap of a not actual fix. As for a more welcoming community. Show that you actually care about the survival of said community. Everyone can clearly see all the issues left UN addressed for way to long. Over that same time span the community gets smaller and smaller. I'll leave it to the community to tell you what to fix. Chime in everyone put them all right here in one spot. Right under their nose.

Posting in language:

• Can we make it so you have to select PvE or PvP before posting a topic and it's filters those down which I can then pick to view. Sick of reading the PvP crowd crying about every single thing in the game, every other post gets buried under them.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Odin: 7/13/2019 5:22:29 PM
                    Edit: Another suggestion that should take place when muting anyone? I shouldn't see if I muted them that they are still making replies to me. This was brought to my attention that could help a lot. Shadow bans, to where a person posts something but no one sees it if it's unacceptable. 1. It would stop some people from spamming the report option 2. The mods would have less to deal with 3. Unnecessary conversations would be nipped in the... 4. It would lighten up a load of negative attention that some try to get others to jump on the bandwagon to hate on people. 5. It would allow people like me not to have to wonder so much if I say a word that doesn't break the COD, am I going to get banned because someone just likes to spam the report option. Just what little I said would make a world of difference on this forum. It's something I strongly suggest for everyone's sake.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAA

Posting in language:

• Make a separate fan fiction section, so it doesn’t crowd up lore.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Edited by SNAAAKE: 7/16/2019 4:44:01 AM
                        "This isnt a question of what we can do better in terms of making in game changes to Destiny"... That's the root of your problems you dolt and it's why no one takes these forums, or you seriously. Game is in utter shambles. Do better.

Posting in language:

• Just a thought, maybe having community managers that are around more than a handful of times a week may help matters

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Kak

Posting in language:

• Your asking the wrong dam questions and I’m getting sick of it Your constant dancing around issues and not actually giving answers or any relevant information is putting a lot off Stop being part time look at the forums when I want “content monitors “ and make it a priority If you and the ninjas actually can’t answer anything step aside and have a dev come in and answer Seriously you guys are just middle men and a waste of company money if all you do is just “pass it on” Get more communication happening and you will see improvement I get tired of Bungie doesn’t care As every 5th answer You want things to change Then let’s try oh I don’t know doing the dam job correctly and actually giving us answers

Posting in language:

• This place can be pretty hard to read from some people, I generally look for topics that are important to what I want out of the game, and I prioritise these higher when i see you (Bungie) have responded. I do that because it has a higher chance of giving me the answers I'm looking for, rather than another forum members personal opinions or guesses. One thing I'd like to see more of is replies from Bungie on more topics. I do feel some topics are left in touched for whatever reason, maybe you don't have an answer. But in the trending section, it would be good to see you guys at the very least acknowledge some of the topics that are brought up, like top 20 for instance. Even if it's just to say, "Hey this is a great idea/valid point, abd though we have simply too much to juggle right now to anything about it, let me pin it here so you guys can add to it and we can keep getting feedback on the subject and taking note untill we have the resources to action it". Anyway a little more interaction on a higher number of topics would be great And lastly I prioritise information in the forum's higher than say Tumblr, Instagram and Reddit. On here we know we're talking to the people we need to talk to, and social media it's too easy for things to be overlooked, and much harder for important topics to come to your attention.

Posting in language:

Endless Teeth
                          Endless Teeth

Genghis Tron is my mom - old

Remove off topic

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Take away your code of conduct. You don't enforce it where it matters so it's pointless. Also, take out reporting, because you don't do anything about that either. Why have it if you ignore us. We can't contact you here, because no real response except shaming which supposedly is against your "code of conduct". If you, as a company, has no integrity and no intent of enforcing the code of conduct then it's pointless to have these things. Comp is bad, I just shot a Titan pointblank with fighting lion and he tanked it, no damage and one punch melees me, but because code of conduct isn't a real thing, just fancy words used and only there to keep us from shaming cheaters, I lose my points and he climbs the ranks... Cue all the trolls you'll allow to shame me for pointing out code of conduct and reporting don't work because you won't ban them or reprimand them, those are the actual people you made the game for. Love the game, but you need a purge and you need to realise the issues are not just on the forums. PS, do I get glory in return for the invisibility glitches and spectating and cheating found on comp... No... Work on the issues in game, not forums because those are not fixable and in my opinion, not as important as your product in which many of us have payed good money to play. I didn't pay money to have a perfect no toxic community, I payed money to play your game.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • D1 app was much better.

Posting in language:

• The most important thing for browsing anything is content, and in this forum it's discussion. Often posts are outrage/suggestion/and salt and the dev response is "well forward it on" effectively killing the communication. Seen some improvement like "why did you like x, etc.". But tbh it feels like fodder as opposed to discussion. The destiny media I probably use most is Reddit. It feels more like what this forum should be. Just the language is different , the here's what the daily reset is, here's.articles written recently, look at.thos cool thing I found, vs. I'm quitting forever, you better fix this etc.

Posting in language:

• I think the forum system is pretty much fine as it is - if we can just purge the toxic people from it, then it’ll be in a good state. The problem is bungie’s attitude towards it. A lot of forum posts, which jn some cases have great suggestions, are completely overlooked - or, if they aren’t, bungie makes no effort to comment on it. I’d like to see more people than just cozmo and dmg handling everything, as there are many posts that are missed. The community does have, sometimes, good ideas on how to balance weapons, maybe in ways that are not tested by the sandbox team. This includes things such as the Whisper nerf, the Lunas/NF nerf, the Nova Warp nerf, buffs for scout rifles and nerfs to pulse rifles, and so on. If bungie interacts with more forums and more proposed ideas, if the community’s suggestions that are practical actually show any evidence of being considered, then the forum experience will be increased tenfold. You guys said plainly in the vidoc that TWO parties will dictate Destiny’s future - Bungie [i]and[/i] the community. So far, there hasn’t been much evidence that the community opinion matters. Fix that - you fix the inherent problem with the forums.

Posting in language:

• join GTAForums for a week. try to shit post. try to start a dupe thread. try to necro old posts. those mods shut that shit down in a heartbeat.

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon