JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by PigMayor: 7/9/2019 11:30:07 PM

Extremely long loading zones during Strikes in the Strike playlist

Seemingly randomly during strikes in the Strike playlist, I’ve been encountering loading zones (ie those invisible walls that halt all your movement and actions until the next area of the strike loads in) that nobody else on the Fireteam experiences. These loading zones either last several minutes or last indefinitely. If I wait it out I [i]might[/i] eventually exit the zone and continue with the strike as normal, but most of the time this results in me having to completely close and restart the game, leaving the activity. For reference, I am on a standard PS4. EDIT: I can’t remember all the strikes this has happened in, but as of this post, so far this has happened when I have played these strikes: - Broodhold (kicked to Orbit for inactivity) - Will of the Thousands (loaded in after several minutes) - Exodus Crash (closed game due to excessive load time)
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• I am having the same issue with Xbox OneS. Just started recently.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Same here, started happening in the past week, nothing's changed on my side. Random loading screens mid-strikes, causing me to either alt+f4 or just wait for few minutes. Everything else is reacting normal, like chat, weapons and seeing my fireteam advance forward...

Posting in language:

• Me too

Posting in language:

• Seems like I am not the only one. I used to encounter these random Loading thingies from time to time but it always took like 10 seconds and I could continue, but since, I dunno, last week maybe, when these happen I either have to restart the game or wait quite a lot time for Loading message to disappear and then I move into black loading screen and if activity is not yet completed I manage to load in after like 5-8 minutes. Just like someone mentioned, I noticed that this usually happens when you don't get bounty completion notification, even if it is. Sometimes claiming it from Pursuits helps immediately, sometimes not. I thought this had to do something with nVidia drivers update since the timeframe matched, but I guess it's more related to notifications?

Posting in language:

I've had this happen every time during Mercury heroic adventures, at the same spot after the infinite forest. It also happens sometimes during strikes and quest missions.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Same for me this morning. During the Corrupted strike just before the second drop. Stuck loading for 3 mins then went to orbit and started Strike Playlist again. PS4Pro Wifi 139Mbs dlspeed.

Posting in language:

• I've been having awful problems on ps4 since the cross save update. Right now, I'm stood with some dregs who act like I'm not there. If I kill them, they don't count towards bounties or anything. If I hurt them, they just regain health. When I kill them, they respawn and die again. Strikes do this all the time since the update. All. The. Freaking. Time. Bounties are so super laggy at saying they're done! I'm on a wired connection, 70 down, around 24 up. No Internet issues at all. Connection was always super good before that update.

Posting in language:

• I’ve had lots of issues since the update. Tried to load into the tower first thing and had infinite flying screen. Game crashed. Tried to sparrow from the Strand to Divalian Mists-perma-load screen. Game crashed. Tried to go in to gambit. Teammate said: you left the fireteam? I never made it to the gambit opening animation and the game crashed. I tried gambit so many times that I actually got a suspension for ‘leaving matches early’. I am on Xbox.

Posting in language:

• Can confirm, anything involving multiplayer element (strike, gambit, crucible) takes an awful load of time. Free roam does not. PC, Europe, Wired 100mbps.

Posting in language:

• Xbox one Xol was a no show

Posting in language:

• Tangled shore for me and gambit. Killing my progress for badjuju since i need one more triumph for gambit and matts from spider in the shore.

Posting in language:

• I too have been experiencing very long loading screens. Noticed it happening after the patch. I'm using an original Xbox with an ssd.

Posting in language:

• Same issue on PC in the East on all characters. I have a top of the line PC as well. And I work from home which requires me to have a really solid ethernet based connection. I was playing 20 minutes before the patch Tuesday, and everything was normal then on my lunch break I loaded in for the tribute hall, and my game is almost unbearable to load into anything. I am really thinking about just not playing anymore because me and a couple other clan mates experiencing the same issue just feel like burdens loading in with fireteams. I have checked the resources on my PC and the game is using almost nothing compared to what is available, and I am having 0 issues with any internet functions, or other games just destiny. I hope they fix it soon i would like to play and participate in the tribute hall, but it is just too time consuming right now to play with how long the loads time are out of no where for me.

Posting in language:

• Hi there. Thanks for your report. What region are you located in? What brand is your router/modem? Does this happen on every character? Do you use a wired or WiFi connection? Would you happen to have another console that you could attempt to test? Would it be possible for you to take your console to another location and use that location's internet to attempt to connect?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Same here, seems to be when you complete a bounty and enter a new area

Posting in language:

• Just happened twice in a row to me now. So annoying, always towards the end of the strike and then I get booted

Posting in language:

• It's happening on PC too.

Posting in language:

• Just happened to me in lake of shadows right after you kill the blights and go underground. PS4 Pro here.

Posting in language:

• Same here

Posting in language:

• Just had that happen to me as well on the Arms Dealer strike. I eventually had to close to the desktop and re-launch the game. Xbox

Posting in language:

• well at leases you can load into a destination, but im stuck in Loading screen

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon