JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

7/9/2019 10:29:15 AM
So Bungie doesn't have any Ryzen system or can't go buy one for pocket money to test their game? Asking players for dump files for an extremely obvious hardware related error is just lazy and shows how dedicated they are to having a working game. Not like the release came as a surprise, I'm sure AMD would have loved to send samples out had they contacted them pre-release. This is below amateur level och maintaining a AAA title... Yet I'm not surprised, wonder why after all these years...
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• There were a lot of delays on AMDs end getting processors out to reviewers and devs. It is very well possible Bungie hasn’t gotten one yet. For dumps, I’d you don’t have a system for testing, the. The next best thing are dumps. This all started happen 7/7. Day one release of Ryzen 3000 series. I got my stuff that day and D2 wasn’t working. Not defending anyone here but Bungie does care. That also have a vested interest in making the game work. Otherwise they are out of a job.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Devs get them way before any reviewers. Most of the reviewers got them in time, that's just a bad excuse. Again, not having a Ryzen system is just ignorant and/or lazy, asking for dumps is proof of it as it seems to be 100% reproducable... I'd accept that for some indie devs...

Posting in language:

• Not going to argue there. Either way the only thing we can do is wait.

Posting in language:

• A little bit more communication would be nice.

Posting in language:

• Edited by PrBPickles: 7/9/2019 4:46:45 PM
    Agreed but it still has been two days. Devs are off on weekends. So technically it hasn’t even been 36 hours. From some speculation on kitguru and amongst my nerdy friends, it is suspected the issue lies within the protection layer Destiny 2 uses to keep cheaters out. It is rather aggressive so it wouldn’t surprise me if it doesn’t allow the game to launch. Though that being said, could there have been testing done? Yes. Was there? Maybe? The only thing we can do now is be patience. AMD is work with bungie to solve the problem. It is in both their best interest to do so.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon